Baby's first trip to the world...my first TR w/lots of pics!!

I cant believe people would steal a stroller...that is just wrong...But im glad you got it back....Loving the report!! I love disney soo much i like reading trip reports it makes me feel like i was there....see ya tomorrow

Yeah, we were confused just that someone would do it. I also love getting lost in other people's TR. I think it makes the wait in between trips a little more bareable.

Hi,

Have just read your trip report, am loving it!! You have a beautiful family :) Are you finding it easy with Cole? We're taking our baby girl Matilda for the first time in January and she'll be 14 months so i'm collecting tips from all parents who take their young kids/babies to WDW! Any tips very welcome :thumbsup2

I cannot believe those guys stole your pushchair...who does that???? :mad: Am happy you found it though, a little pixie dust helped you find it!

Keep up the great trip report and the piccies!!!

:welcome: Glad you are here. Thanks for the compliment. We didn't think it would be too hard with Cole and it was actually even easier than we thought. We just had to learn to not be so "commando" and slow down. It was great though and as I said the older two loved the baby swap thing so that was great too. I will try and come up with some good tips for you. As for now I would just say expect to not follow a strict schedule and allow time for rest and play. It will be fine. I can't wait to take Cole this year when he is 18 months old.
I thought the same thing, "who does that?" Yes, some pixie dust helped us get it back.

We would never be able to get our girls to wear shirts that matched what their parents were wearing….:sad2:

You can never have too many pictures in a trippie :cool1:

Wow, I’m jealous, what a nice memory for the boys :banana:

It’s too bad the guns shut down and your scores cleared you could have really racked up some points if they hadn’t

Sorry you had an issue with the stroller, makes you wonder what other people are thinking sometimes. you have to believe in Karma and what goes around comes around

:cool1: :banana: :yay:

I'm actually surprised my DH doesn't grumble about wearing the matching shirts but he figures oh well, we won't see anyone we know anyway so might as well go all Disney.
I wish the guns would've stayed on too, we would've had some of the best scores ever!
Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking w/the stroller. Oh well, we got it back.

Great updates! :thumbsup2

Man, I would have loved to have seen their faces when they came out of the ride and saw "their" stroller missing! Worse yet, if they were meeting their wives and children and were supposed to have gotten the strollers, picked out yours instead, and now don't have either! :rotfl2: Sometimes, I think men don't notice the difference between strollers anyway! They probably came out of the next ride and just picked out someone else's again! :confused3

Anyways, sorry about your camera! I had that happen to me as well and it's hard to remember when you don't have the photographic evidence. :headache:

Love your shirts, by the way. Very cute! I was only able to get my herd of 16 to wear matching shirts one day! But it was fun when we did!

Can't wait to hear what you did next. The weather looks beautiful!

Sara

Yeah, when we saw their faces as we walked by they looked a little bummed.:)
I was really upset about the camera thing. I am a photo nut and it is harder to remember without the pics, especially w/my bad memory.
I get a kick out of making the shirts! The weather was BEAUTIFUL!

I love your TR so far! We are also visiting Sea World first on our upcoming trip and I'm really looking forward to it - I definitely want to "pet" the stingrays now! Looking forward to reading more:thumbsup2

:welcome: Glad u are joining us! I love Sea World. Good for you about petting the stingrays. I'm just not into feeling slimey creatures unless it's those wonderful dolphins!

I'm sorry if I bore anyone on this part. This was the day I had surprised my honey with one of his dreams for our anniversary. He was going to drive a nascar type car at the Richard Petty Driving Experience. Does it still count as Disney since it was the track on Disney property?lol Anyway, he was REALLY looking forward to this day. I had planned it for 6 months but just told him about it 2 weeks before our trip so he could look forward to it. We got to sleep in a little bit and lounge for a bit because he didn't have to be at the track until 12:00. We grabbed lunch at a drive-thru on the way there. After seeing the wonderful Disney World property signs we saw this:
D32.jpg

down into the track
D33.jpg

After we checked in it was time to get fitted for a suit.
D35.jpg

Then they had to listen to a brief explanation of the day and some rules.
D37.jpg

After that, they headed outside to show them the cars and go over some more things.
D310.jpg

Here is the main car. The instructors drove this in front of them while they were driving and they weren't allowed to pass him. The instructor would keep speeding up as long as you stayed right behind him Otherwise he would just stay the same if you were uncomfortable going too fast.
D311.jpg

Cole was not impressed
D317.jpg

DH all ready to go.
D321.jpg

This was the car he got to drive. It's no Dale Jr. but I guess Kasey Kahne will do. He was getting last minute instructions inside the car.
D327.jpg

And he's off!
D329.jpg

Cole woke up just in time to see daddy take off in the race car.
D331.jpg

There he goes, go baby, go!
D333.jpg

He didn't have any problem keeping up, in fact the instructor had to wave him off his butt a couple of times.:lmao: I'm not surprised.
D335.jpg

All done, he just couldn't seem to wipe that smile off his face!
D342.jpg

He got his stat sheet at the end and he went the fastest in his bunch. Out of the 8 laps he did he reached a top speed of 123mph. He would've gone faster if they'd let him.

Blake by his favorite driver's car. Go Jr.!
D343.jpg

Dylan by his favorite driver's car. I'm ok with this because Stewart is my second favorite. They were nice enough to let us go in the garage at the end so Dylan could see his.
D353.jpg

This was a pretty uneventful day for the rest of us but since we are a nascar family it was exciting to be there watching the cars up close and hearing the roar of their engines. And besides, they took the boys and I (and other observers) around the track a couple of times in a van! lol We got to see lake Mickey.I really enjoyed seeing how happy my DH was. He deserved this for all he does. He thought it was the best. Happy 10th anniversary honey.

After we left there we just drove around Orlando a little bit and then headed to TGIFriday's for supper (one of hubby's favorite's)
Here are some pics of neat places around Orlando.
D356.jpg

D357.jpg

D359.jpg

The boys like getting balloon animals here.
D362.jpg

All in all it was a pretty relaxing day. Good day to unwind from the parks and gear up for tomorrow...our first time at Animal Kingdom!!

OOO my goodness i love DAY 3!!!! I am sooo happy you posted the Richard Petty Driving Experience...That is something I want to do for my boyfriend...We love nascar as well...Dale Jr is my favorite!!! I wish I could marry him lol jk.

Your husband looked soo thrilled...what a lucky guy!!!! You did great planning that...DId you suprise him that day or did he know before?? Love the pics of orlando...Those big sites get me excited because its those off site disney things that remind me your on vacation!!!!

Cant wait to read more....
:banana: :banana:

This was the day I had surprised my honey with one of his dreams for our anniversary.

No, you didn't:mad:

He was going to drive a nascar type car at the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

No he didn't :headache:

Thats it, I'm not reading any more of this trip report....:badpc:

Just kidding, first the boys with the train and now hubby with the race car, I hope we you got to have a magical treat too.

Really nice update, great pictures out at the track

:thumbsup2 I'm lovin ur TR and lookin at ur pics. Im definitly subscribing and cant wait to read the next one. Your boys are so adorable.

I remember when we use to go to sea world on field trips and we would always get soaked but ended up getting in trouble for getting wet. Did you like the new shamu show?

I cant believe someone stole your stroller. That is just wrong.

Too bad ur camara died at MK.

Cant wait to read more.

OOO my goodness i love DAY 3!!!! I am sooo happy you posted the Richard Petty Driving Experience...That is something I want to do for my boyfriend...We love nascar as well...Dale Jr is my favorite!!! I wish I could marry him lol jk.

Your husband looked soo thrilled...what a lucky guy!!!! You did great planning that...DId you suprise him that day or did he know before?? Love the pics of orlando...Those big sites get me excited because its those off site disney things that remind me your on vacation!!!!

Cant wait to read more....
:banana: :banana:

It was a really nice day. The boys thought it was neat seeing all the race cars and My husband and I could really get used to being that close to track,lol. He was very excited. He had always commented on how it would be so cool to do one of the ride along experiences and so I figured I would one-up it and do a driving experience so he could really have some fun. I was going to wait until the day before to tell him but then I figured anticipation was half the fun so I told him(Ihad someone on the DISign thread make me a letter) about 2 weeks before we left so he could look forward to it and brag to all his buddies. I'm glad I did because I enjoyed hearing him all excited telling everyone. It was reallly hard planning our vacation though and keeping that a secret from him. I'm one of those that has everyday planned and wrote out in a planner and I couldn't write any of that down because I didn't want him to see it. Anyway, if your boyfriend loves Nascar, going fast and cars in general he will love it. It's rather expensive ($400 for 8 laps) but worth every penny....and my DH thought the same.

No, you didn't:mad:

No he didn't :headache:

Thats it, I'm not reading any more of this trip report....:badpc:

Just kidding, first the boys with the train and now hubby with the race car, I hope we you got to have a magical treat too.

Really nice update, great pictures out at the track

Lol, you scared me. I thought I had done something to offend you. No specific things for me this time. One of my dreams is to go to Discovery Cove and swim with the dolphins. Kids have to be a certain age to do it though and so I didn't want to do it and have them stand by and watch and not be able to participate. Some day though, hopefully. It really was ok though because as corny as it may sound just being at Disney with my family really is a dream for me.

:thumbsup2 I'm lovin ur TR and lookin at ur pics. Im definitly subscribing and cant wait to read the next one. Your boys are so adorable.

I remember when we use to go to sea world on field trips and we would always get soaked but ended up getting in trouble for getting wet. Did you like the new shamu show?

I cant believe someone stole your stroller. That is just wrong.

Too bad ur camara died at MK.

Cant wait to read more.

:welcome: Glad you are here! I wish we got soaked at the show for my boys sake but no such luck. We loved the new show. It is truly beautiful. Last year while we were there they were practicing for this new show and while we were waiting in line for the old show a nice older guy who worked there came out of the arena and took my boys into the arena with him and let them have a sneak peak at the new show. They got to stand there (and no one else was allowed in) while they practice. That was really neat.
Yeah, the stroller and the camera thing got me a little down but no biggy, after all, we were at Disney!

Wow! I'm really enjoying your trip report! As others have said, all of your boys are handsome and your little Cole is adorable! I was showing our DD11 your pics. We drive to Florida and stop every time at the Welcome Center for orange juice and pics. It's fun to see others who do the same thing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Richard Petty Driving Experience pics! It makes me want to do it even more. I think the "Walt Disney World Speedway" writing on the track's walls is just so cool! Your pics are pushing me to do it too!

Thanks for all your efforts, it's a great trip report!

-Steve

Really lovin this TR! Your boys are just too cute and you all look so happy. Sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to hear the rest, so keep it coming :thumbsup2

thanks for telling me the price, i wanted to ask but i was afraid it would be rude lol...I definitly will plan it now I know the price...THANK YOU! Cant wait for more TR!

Wow! I'm really enjoying your trip report! As others have said, all of your boys are handsome and your little Cole is adorable! I was showing our DD11 your pics. We drive to Florida and stop every time at the Welcome Center for orange juice and pics. It's fun to see others who do the same thing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Richard Petty Driving Experience pics! It makes me want to do it even more. I think the "Walt Disney World Speedway" writing on the track's walls is just so cool! Your pics are pushing me to do it too!

Thanks for all your efforts, it's a great trip report!

-Steve

:welcome: I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it. Thank you for the comments. It is good to know others do the same thing. We are thinking about flying nest time(I'm scared though...I even started a seperate thread for that) so We won't be able to do that :(
Glad you liked the pics of RPDE. I was surprised everyone was ok with them. I thought they would bore everyone that was used to seeing just Disney pics. If you are into to Nascar or cars in general you won't be dissappointed. My DH LOVED it.

Really lovin this TR! Your boys are just too cute and you all look so happy. Sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to hear the rest, so keep it coming :thumbsup2

:welcome: Glad to have you along. Thanks for the comments.

Nope, I'm just jealous

My two girls did this at Sea World in San Diego, it was wonderful experience.

Shameless Trip Report Plug

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1613741

Pictures of their experience

That's good to hear. I will definately be popping over to check out your report.

thanks for telling me the price, i wanted to ask but i was afraid it would be rude lol...I definitly will plan it now I know the price...THANK YOU! Cant wait for more TR!

No problem, I figured you might want to know if you were thinking about it. The prices for the Driving Experience go up from there. It depends on how many laps and such you want. The ride-along is a little cheaper. I think the website is www.1800bepetty.com

I just found your trip report, it's great, and your boys are so cute. I can't wait to ready about your day at Animal Kingdom!:thumbsup2

:welcome: Glad you're here! Thanks for the comments. Hope you are ready because I have a lot of pics from AK. I am trying to narrow it down.

love your TR...subscribing :)

:welcome: Glad you are here!

Okay, I'm here, but need to go back and read at some point today or tonight. Will make comments later....:thumbsup2

Okay, I'm here, but need to go back and read at some point today or tonight. Will make comments later....:thumbsup2

:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :jumping1: :welcome: :cheer2: IT"S OFFICIAL! This is now a TR. Jordan is here. Can I get a woot, woot!? Glad you made it. You don't have to bore yourself with going through it. I'm just happy you made an appearance. I keep checking yours to see if you've updated. I'm loving it so far. Again, thanks for coming by to say "hi". :thanks:

We decided today would be Animal Kingdom day!!! Our last park day :( We had never been to AK before so we were excited to see what it had to offer. We woke up at a pretty good time and had drive-thru breakfast on the way there. Finally we made it.
D363.jpg

The night before we had made a stop at Wal-mart which wasn't far from our resort to put more pics on a cd so I could have an empty card to load up again. We saw some baby sunglasses and thought they were so cute. We said it would be neat if Cole would wear them because all the other boys had them and he always squinted and sneezed when the sun got in his eyes. Anyway, we figured it wouldn't work because most people know babies usually won't leave anything on their face/head. However, Cole loved them. He wore them proudly and just grinned from ear to ear. He must have known this would help with the ladies,lol. He is a big flirt. Here he is when we arrived at AK, sporting his new shades!

D364.jpg

D365.jpg

D366.jpg

I just love that face!

After we make our way out of the parking lot we finally see this sign/entrance!
D368.jpg

Then our first glimpse of the Tree of Life.
D372.jpg

so pretty, so of course we had to take some pics right away.
D374.jpg

D375.jpg

D376.jpg

Some pretty flamingos along our way.
D379.jpg

I think this one was strutting his stuff
D380.jpg

Ok guys and gals. I'm sorry to cut this update short but I just looked at the clock and I have to go pick up the boys from school. I will try to finish later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter