Baby's first trip to the world...my first TR w/lots of pics!!

ahhhh once again, your kids are so cute!!! I love this pic of them playing with the toys and the baby with the turtle .. so precious!

Ok, so I decided I would take a stab at this TR thing. I probably won't be any good at it

Looks like your doing a great job to me.

I'm enjoying reading about your trip.

Your room was great, how far was it from the different parks Disney, Sea World, Universal?

We do Sea World here in Southern California a couple of times a year, we really want to get to the one in Orlando. It looks like from your pictures it has some of the same things but also a lot of different things too. The Dolphin show looks really good.

Looking forward to the rest of your report :thumbsup2

Im loving your trip report...I want more!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL you look great in the pics by the way...You have a beautiful family...I get excited seeing pics of Westgate, I love it there...so big and relaxing! Cant wait for more...

Looks like your doing a great job to me.

I'm enjoying reading about your trip.

Your room was great, how far was it from the different parks Disney, Sea World, Universal?

We do Sea World here in Southern California a couple of times a year, we really want to get to the one in Orlando. It looks like from your pictures it has some of the same things but also a lot of different things too. The Dolphin show looks really good.

Looking forward to the rest of your report :thumbsup2

:welcome: Thank you. Glad to hear you say you are enjoying it. I think it took about 5 minutes to get to Disney property, less than that for Sea World and I don't know about Universal, we've never gone there. Some day we would like to go out to California.

Im loving your trip report...I want more!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL you look great in the pics by the way...You have a beautiful family...I get excited seeing pics of Westgate, I love it there...so big and relaxing! Cant wait for more...

Thanks. Glad to see you came back. I agree, Westgate is a nice place. I'm working on day 2 now. Not sure how soon I'll be able to get it posted.

You're making me want to go sea world! My grandparents were there today, I'm quite jealous. You're right, it is beautiful there. I havent been since I was 7 years old, im 21 now so I don't remember much. Once again, you're kids are just adorable. Can't wait for the next update!

Kate

Wow, gorgeous pictures!!
Too bad the boys didn't get wet again, what're the odds?? :confused3
Can't wait to read more...

We had decided to do MK for our first disney park day since we had done it before when we came in 06'. The only other disney park we were able to do this time was AK and we had never been there before. Origianally we had only budgeted for one park again:sad: It was going to be AK since we hadn't been there before and we thought it would offer the most for us to do with the baby since there weren't as many big rides and such, more walking things. However, I am in love with seeing that castle. As stated, I have become addicted to Disney World and I just couldn't bare the thought of being there without seeing the magical, beautiful castle. So, needless to say I had to make sure we could get to MK as well and fortunately we were able to do it. ANYWAY,

We woke up at a fairly good time(not good enough for the rope drop though :sad2: ) and after we got ready we headed down to the main building of the resort to buy our tickets for the day. The tickets themselves were so neat I just had to take a picture.
D253.jpg

Then we headed to a nearby McDonald's to get breakfast at the drive thru so we wouldn't be STARVING at lunch time. Finally, we saw one of the most wonderful signs in all the world....
D256.jpg

then this..
D258.jpg

We got parked in the Pluto section (which, oddly enough, was the same section we parked in last time) got everyone and everything we had for that day out of the van and headed to the parking lot shuttle to take us up to the entrance!
D259.jpg

We decided that we would take the ferry this time because we took the tram last year.
D265.jpg

Then, we were finally at Magic Kingdom. We rounded the corner and I prepared myself for that all important first view of the castle while in the park. A moment that takes my breath away and brings tears of joy to my eyes every time.
D269.jpg

Definately had to do the usual photo op.
D270.jpg

aren't we cute in our matching, personalized shirts?! Thanks DISign board!!
D272.jpg

a couple of photopass pics ( ok, I can't find them right now, I guess I will throw them in later, sorry)
When we were deciding where to go first the stage show started and since we were right there we decided to stay and watch.
D278.jpg

D279.jpg

not many pics of the show, but like I said, I'm trying not to overwhelm you with pics so I'm cutting back

As we headed for Adventureland I just had to get this shot. I love this view of CP. It's so pretty.
D280.jpg

sadly, we've never been in the building though and we didn't get any character dinners planned for this trip only WCC. I know, shame on us!!
D281.jpg

Right as we entered AL we saw these guys posing for pics so of course we got in line. I'll have to figure out how to upload some video clips to here so you can see some of Cole's reaction to the characters. He got sooo excited, flailing his arms and legs, laughing and reaching for them. I think he thought they were just great big stuffed animals and he wanted to snuggle them all....sooo cute....priceless memories.
D282.jpg

Then we were lucky enough to walk up just as soon as the pirate tutorial (?) started!!! You have to understand how happy this made my boys...and me. They are HUGE POTC fans and were thrilled that we might see Captain Jack here. A funny side note: my boys are smart enough to know that Jack Sparrow is really Johnny Depp playing a character but this guy was sooo good they were convinced he was actually Johnny Depp. I have to admitt it wasn't hard to be fooled by him. He has the character nailed. His side kick was hilarious too. Unfortunately the boys didn't get picked to particapate but they were happy just to be there seeing him.
D283.jpg

D285.jpg

Then of course we had to ride POTC. I found out this is a good ride to nurse a baby to sleep ;) Here is a shot of one of the new scenes with Jack Sparrow in the ride.
D298.jpg

VERY SADLY we never were able to catch the photo ops with Jack Sparrow. This almost brings me to tears to this day. I hope they are still doing that when we go back and we will not fail this time!

more in next post.......

You're making me want to go sea world! My grandparents were there today, I'm quite jealous. You're right, it is beautiful there. I havent been since I was 7 years old, im 21 now so I don't remember much. Once again, you're kids are just adorable. Can't wait for the next update!

Kate

It is a beautiful place full of gorgeous scenery. Thanks for sticking with me.

Wow, gorgeous pictures!!
Too bad the boys didn't get wet again, what're the odds?? :confused3
Can't wait to read more...

I KNOW!! That's what we thought. Oh well, maybe some day. Thanks for reading!

Just to tell you I am a college student studying for an exam, and I had to take a break and see your DAY 2 lol...So far soo good...Love the pics...Next time you head to MK make reservations for Crystal Palace your children will love it..and if Cole is a bit older he will enjoy it too!!! Sounds great.....

Oooh and I love the shirts...where did you get them designed???

We wandered around a bit and got a FP for BTMR which we would ride later and love by the way. (somehow we missed this ride the first time we were here.)
Then we headed over to ride SM
D299.jpg

D2101.jpg

bad red neck photo. That's me and the boys that you can barely see in the back row. Lucky them they got to go on it twice in a row. They loved the baby swap thing. ( so did I because since my hubby isn't a big coaster fan I got to go on some twice in a row like Space Mt. and Expedition Everest!)
D2102.jpg

Hubby wanted to ride the train around the park so we did, besides, it would be a good way to nurse the baby again. When we were getting on the conductor hollered at my boys and motioned for them to come to the back. He kept saying "all the way back" they didn't realize he meant with him. He picked them to be junior conductors so that was exciting for them.
D2103.jpg

With their junior conductor souvenirs he gave them.
D2105.jpg

As we were walking around some more we got to see Woody's roundup parade heading back. My boys love Woody so at least we got to see him pass by.
D2107.jpg

D2108.jpg

Family shot by one of the boys' favorite rides
D2109.jpg

We then decided to head to Tomorrow Land. We got on Buzz because there was no wait. While we were on it though it broke down. This was ok though because the boys thought it was neat and it gave us a break. The lights came on, cars stopped moving and unfortunately our laser guns stopped and then when it came back on they were cleared :( We were stuck here for at least 10 minutes so I used the opportunity to take pics, what else?!
This is what we stopped directly in front of, lucky us.
D2111.jpg

D2112.jpg

Cole loved playing with the laser guns so I couldn't get him to look up,lol
D2113.jpg

One of the redneck shots
D2114.jpg

The boys in "jail"
D2115.jpg

We ended up eating at Cosmic Ray's again this year. We knew it was reasonably priced and pretty good.
D2116.jpg

After this one of the terrible things that was to happen while we were at MK happened. My camera died:eek: It had been dying since about 20 minutes after we got in the park. I charged it the night before but apparantly something happened. I was distraught. We couldn't just buy regular batteries for it there either because we had just bought this camera and it took a differentkind of battery. That is why there isn't near as many photos from MK:mad:

We just made our way around to different rides and such the rest of the day. I have photopass pictures but I have to find them and then I will put them up.
After it started to get dark we went to Mickey's Philharmagic. We couldn't wait because we just LOVE this show. We parked the stroller and then went in. When we came out we found something very NON MAGICAL HAD HAPPENED. We started searching for our stroller where we left it (in the actual stroller parking) and couldn't find it any where.It was dark by now but we knew it wasn't there. We looked a good 5 times, but it was gone. We asked a CM standing nearby. We tried to explain what it looked like and she suggested we look at the nearby stroller parking places in case it got moved there by mistake. We walked down to the stroller parking by the next place and searched there also. It wasn't there either. While we were on our way back to tell the CM we saw two Men (by themselves) pushing 2 strollers with no one in them. I noticed that one of the strollers seemed to be identical to ours and we hadn't seen one like it the entire day. I told DH that we should see where they put it and if nothing else we could tell her that is what it looks like. By the way, luckily we had taken the diaper bag and all valuables out of the stroller when we parked it. The only things left in it were Cole's baby blanket(folded in the seat for softness)two soft drinks and one of the collector popcorn buckets was hanging off the handle.
Anyway, after those 2 men parked both of the strollers they had off to the side of a ride entrance (not in the designated stroller spot) we went over to it. Yep, it was EXACTLY the same stroller. I was cautious that it was a strange coincidence and these men didn't even have kids with them. As we were getting ready to walk back up and tell the CM my DH said, " Hey, isn't that Cole's blanket?" Lo and behold, folded up and shoved in the basket of the stroller was Cole's baby blanket, with a popcorn bucket on top. So, what do you think we did? Well, we stole it back of course. I was really upset that this had happened in my magical place! We headed back with it and on the way saw the 2 men standing at the ride entrance watching us, I wonder why they didn't stop us?, maybe because it was OUR stroller. We went back and explained what had happened to the CM just in case any one contended it. She agreed with us and said she was glad we found it. Case solved, luckily we got it back because it would've been a rough trip without our stroller.

Sorry, for that VERY long-winded explanation but I was upset by it and couldn't believe it had happened. Shame on them, stealing a baby's ride. We then went about our way. We went to ride HM because we hadn't done it yet today and wanted to do it in the dark. Love that ride. After that we got the souvenires the boys had found to buy earlier (we go back at the end so we don't have to drag them all over the park) and got a place to watch Wishes. I absolutely love this magical show. Unfortunately I don't have pics of it this time since my camera was dead but we do have it on tape.

One last shot of the castle on our way out of the park:sad:
D2117.jpg

Up next....Where will we go tomorrow?? WARNING: there are lots of pics for the next day..my camera was charged!

Just to tell you I am a college student studying for an exam, and I had to take a break and see your DAY 2 lol...So far soo good...Love the pics...Next time you head to MK make reservations for Crystal Palace your children will love it..and if Cole is a bit older he will enjoy it too!!! Sounds great.....

:rotfl: Sorry to interupt your studies. I plan on making more character dinings this time. I hope to get one for CP so Cole can see Pooh (he will be 18 mo., if we go this Dec. when I want to) and Ohana so Blake can see Stitch, his favorite. I don't know what else. I wish they had one with Woody and Buzz, they have always been favorites of Dylan's

Oooh and I love the shirts...where did you get them designed???

I will have to look and see which person made those. I had some for AK too and they were made by different people I think so I will check the names for sure. They are from the DISign thread on here though.

I cant believe people would steal a stroller...that is just wrong...But im glad you got it back....Loving the report!! I love disney soo much i like reading trip reports it makes me feel like i was there....see ya tomorrow

Hi,

Have just read your trip report, am loving it!! You have a beautiful family :) Are you finding it easy with Cole? We're taking our baby girl Matilda for the first time in January and she'll be 14 months so i'm collecting tips from all parents who take their young kids/babies to WDW! Any tips very welcome :thumbsup2

I cannot believe those guys stole your pushchair...who does that???? :mad: Am happy you found it though, a little pixie dust helped you find it!

Keep up the great trip report and the piccies!!!

D270.jpg

aren't we cute in our matching, personalized shirts?! Thanks DISign board!!

We would never be able to get our girls to wear shirts that matched what their parents were wearing….:sad2:

but like I said, I'm trying not to overwhelm you with pics so I'm cutting back

You can never have too many pictures in a trippie :cool1:

He picked them to be junior conductors so that was exciting for them.
D2105.jpg

Wow, I’m jealous, what a nice memory for the boys :banana:

While we were on it though it broke down The lights came on, cars stopped moving and unfortunately our laser guns stopped and then when it came back on they were cleared :(

It’s too bad the guns shut down and your scores cleared you could have really racked up some points if they hadn’t

Sorry you had an issue with the stroller, makes you wonder what other people are thinking sometimes. you have to believe in Karma and what goes around comes around

WARNING: there are lots of pics for the next day..my camera was charged!

:cool1: :banana: :yay:

Great updates! :thumbsup2

Man, I would have loved to have seen their faces when they came out of the ride and saw "their" stroller missing! Worse yet, if they were meeting their wives and children and were supposed to have gotten the strollers, picked out yours instead, and now don't have either! :rotfl2: Sometimes, I think men don't notice the difference between strollers anyway! They probably came out of the next ride and just picked out someone else's again! :confused3

Anyways, sorry about your camera! I had that happen to me as well and it's hard to remember when you don't have the photographic evidence. :headache:

Love your shirts, by the way. Very cute! I was only able to get my herd of 16 to wear matching shirts one day! But it was fun when we did!

Can't wait to hear what you did next. The weather looks beautiful!

Sara

I love your TR so far! We are also visiting Sea World first on our upcoming trip and I'm really looking forward to it - I definitely want to "pet" the stingrays now! Looking forward to reading more:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter