Babies crying on crowded busses

We just got home yesterday and we encountered quite a few screaming babies on the various busses. Based on the comments that I heard, it seemed like people are more understanding of the crying if it was during the day and it was just time for a nap. People were far less understanding of the crying babies at 11:30 at night and found that to more of a reflection on the parents; the comments that I heard all revolved around the fact that babies should be in their beds sleeping at that time and not out at a theme park.

I forgot to add that I was one of the people with a crying 3 yr old on the buses during the day when we were heading back for a nap, so I apologize to anyone and everyone bothered by his crying.

This is why DH and I have decided it would be best for us to cough up the money to rent a van. We have ME all booked but the more we think about it, the more we think it would be better to have access to our own vehicle. Babies are very unpredictable. I'd rather have my soon to be 9 month DS wailing in the van than waiting for a bus crying, then riding 20 minutes to the resort crying, then crying on the walk to the room. :scared1:

He's so good at home, very easy going and we thought we can do this trip without a car. But now we just don't want to chance it. Its great too because if we need to exit the park, one of us can go back to the hotel and the other can stay at the park with our older DS4. I do love the bus transportation for that!:thumbsup2

I always worried about being one of those mommies of the screaming babies but fortunately never was. I feel so bad for the mommies that are. But, I think that they are worrying about it more than the others around them. Babies are going to cry. Especially babies that have been stimulated all day long and are overly tired. I certainly don't mind a screaming baby on a bus and anyone that does needs to get off the bus and wait for a quiet bus.

I would take that over our soooo horrible flight home about 2 weeks ago. I have a very stubborn independant 17 month old. We flew to WDW about 3 weeks ago, and she was surprisingly perfect on that flight and didn't really cry on the buses, but was completely HORRIBLE on the 3 1/2 hr flight home. So, to anyone that was on that SW flight on 9/6, I am soooooooo sorry. My DD cried almost the entire time. She just wanted down and to walk around and wanted space, and she just couldn't have it. I was sooo embarrassed. I also have a 6 year old son and used to fly with him a lot, but he was always good. As long as he had food or a drink he was good to go, not this little lady. I wouldn't worry too much about a bus ride, I mean you have a baby and there's not much you can do about it,- plus it's not too long of a ride, although I'm sure it seemed like an eternity.

We were smashed into a bus this past June, on the way to POP. I had to stand, hold our bags and the stroller. My two year old lays on the ground, in between several people's feet screaming and crying the entire ride. Luckily, the bus was kinda loud, but the entire bus heard him screaming and crying. It was QUITE embarrassing, but we made it back.

This is my fear for our trip in 2 weeks with our 11 week old.

I did want to comment on the thought that at 11:30 at night the baby should be in bed. Well our baby goes to bed at 10:30 at night at home which will be 11:30 in Florida so yes, he will probably be out at the theme park. He doesn't nap during the day but sleeps 7 hours at a stretch at night and then another few hours till his next feeding. I think each baby is different and that rather than judge other parents (perhaps by not offering seats etc) we should all remember that "different strokes for different folks"

I did want to comment on the thought that at 11:30 at night the baby should be in bed. Well our baby goes to bed at 10:30 at night at home which will be 11:30 in Florida so yes, he will probably be out at the theme park. He doesn't nap during the day but sleeps 7 hours at a stretch at night and then another few hours till his next feeding. I think each baby is different and that rather than judge other parents (perhaps by not offering seats etc) we should all remember that "different strokes for different folks"

Thank you. I totally agree that the comment about babies should be in bed already is kind of rediculous. Yes, I'm "that" kind of parent. The kind that stays until closing, even if my baby is sleeping in her stroller. There are also times at the parks that we stay when our baby is sleeping during the daytime. This past month we were there with my 6 year old and 17 month old, and took breaks in the afternoon about half the time, but our 17 month old still fell asleep during the day and at night. I don't think that we should leave every time our baby falls asleep. I don't think my 6 year old should have to miss things just because his younger sister is sleeping. If that's what other families prefer to do, that's fine, but that's not my family.

We were on our way from cdg airport in paris to DLRP last april - flight had been delayed seven hours and our son was 3 - he was so tired. I swear all he was doing was whining and moaning but two really rude frenchmen ion front of us on the vea coach started muttering in french about how rude we were for not kee[ing the baby quiet. How bad parents we were etc

I completely shut them up but talking LOUD:LY in fluent french about how inconsiderate some people are and how people should show more understanding.

But god i was so annoyed!

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that rude person. Thankfully on our horrible flight with our screaming little one, we had pretty understanding ppl, and a wonderful crew-man.

:thumbsup2 Our first DS4 was not a typical baby. He was on his dad's schedule as my DH kept him during the day. DH is a ::cop: and works 3PM-11PM. Our DS was not in daycare so his schedule was on par with my DH. DS went to bed at 12:30 AM (yes, well after midnight) and got up between 10:30-11 AM daily. That schedule worked great for us.

We aren't up at the crack of dawn vacationers either like a lot of other Disney people. Even now we are lucky to make our 9:20 AM breakfast reservations on time!

DS4 now is on a more "regular" schedule. He's down at 9:30P and up at 8A. Preschool has forced a different schedule and my DH deals with a little less sleep. Our 8 month old DS is on the same schedule as his brother.

This works best for our family. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter