[b]sheraton Vistana Resort[/b]

Yes, Vistana is a timeshare but you don't have to listen to a sales presentation UNLESS you booked a discounted package through them and that is part of the deal. But if you book cash ressies on your own, or rent through an owner you do not need to attend a sales pitch. When you check-in at the front desk, after you get your keys and all, they will mention going to the "back desk" to "pick-up some coupons and discount deals on area attractions and restaurants". It is here they will attempt to sign you up for a breakfast presentation. I just avoid that back desk all together. I skip the coupons and all. Sometimes they will call your villa and invite you. Just use a polite but firm tone and tell them you're not interested and they will not bother you again.

Thanks! We have already rented a car, just thought it might be easier to take the shuttle...Oh well!!!

www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_svistana.htm

They have a rate (scroll down) of $109-157 for a 2 BR...but will I have to listen to the sales pitch??

I am very nervous about renting points or renting from timeshare owners, quite honestly. This is the FIRST vacation I've planned in our 12 year marriage and I don't want to be taken advantage of or have a lousy experience! LOL

Is one of the forums here for finding owners to rent from? Thanks...still new at this...

What are the nicer rooms, fountains, lakes or cascades? Is there an area I don't want?

Cascades is the newest but up really close to SR535 so can be noisy abit.
Fountains is the older of those three sections but personally my favourite. You can enter through the front of those units or the through the screened in porch and I really like that feature. We always asked for ground floor near the pool and have been pleasantly happy each time. They are gradually refurbishing the Fountains so some units may have older furniture and decor.
Lakes is also beautiful and generally quiet. My parents like the top floor because it offers a skylight and cathedral ceiling so the units seem really bright and spacious. They are newer than fountains but not as new as cascades. Confused? Sorry but the resort is huge! One of my favourite pools is the Lakes pool - it has zero entry and is not as crowded as Fountains pool and is a bit warmer too. Oh yeah, Cascades and Lakes are high rise buildings and Fountains are 3 storey walkups. Another nice feature.

The resort is awesome - you will love it!
Teresa

5starmom said:
www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_svistana.htm

They have a rate (scroll down) of $109-157 for a 2 BR...but will I have to listen to the sales pitch??

I am very nervous about renting points or renting from timeshare owners, quite honestly. This is the FIRST vacation I've planned in our 12 year marriage and I don't want to be taken advantage of or have a lousy experience! LOL

Is one of the forums here for finding owners to rent from? Thanks...still new at this...
I am dealing direct with the resort I am now down to 134.nt for 2bd/2b. as someone mentioned on pg 1 here you don't have to listen to the sales pitch. I have never rented a timeshare but, dealing direct with Sheraton I feel fine with it now. Plus all the good reviews from fellow disers. princess:

I am soo mad at myself for not making my ressie last week when it was $105 for a 1 bedroom on 7/2 its now up to $144 with the special from allears.. UGH if i am going to pay that much I am moving to onsite just for the night.. shoot !! i am so crazy mad at myself .. oh wel Michelle

I am dealing direct with the resort I am now down to 134.nt for 2bd/2b. as someone mentioned on pg 1 here you don't have to listen to the sales pitch.
wow....Vistana must be having some trouble keeping the place booked because I think that's a fantastic price for a 2 bedroom ! Do you know which section this is in ? I was charged $160/night (included an owner's discount....lol) back in '99 (off-season) for an older Spas unit !!! As long as your rate doesn't include a mandatory sales presentation, I think you got a fantastic rate.

the Sheraton Vistana use to give to RCI any unbooked rooms - but last year - RCI changed it policy and any rooms that went to RCI - BEGAN RCI not sheraton's - bad way to treat a good customer

anyway Sheraton Vistana now uses II, too. But it sitll has access - it is that big of a resort.

I don't know why they aren't using skyauction under their name. they would make money... (like westgate does)

We paid 140 +tax in Dec. a night for 3 nights. It was an internet special. We were in the Lakes (great!) section. 2bed, 2bath. We loved it. Have fun!

Del

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter