B&B -- Help! I can't open my hand soap!

lol when I first started getting B&B soaps, I had this problem too. More so my mom than I, really. We spent the better part of an hour trying to get it open. Then I sat there and just thought for a moment, and then realized how it worked (the same way you guys have it...making sure the bottom was tight and secure and all)

On another note, that Apple Wreath scent is AMAZING. I love it. That and Mistletoe Kiss. Those two are my fave scents this season for B&BW. :lovestruc

Ha ha, I am not alone. I always finally remember that I have to hold the ring above the cap when turning but since you didn't have to with the old ones I always forget when opening a new bottle.

OP here -- Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going a year later! This tells me B&B hasn't changed the pumps from last year, so I guess we'd just better get used to it. :rotfl:

I became a huge fan of Apple Wreath last year -- thanks for the reminder to head back into the store and pick some up! :goodvibes

Maria :upsidedow

I admit I have had this problem too. Like another poster I ended up switching the pump wth another bottle after stuggling for some time and becoming increasing angry and annoyed.

Ha, had the same problem with these!! Glad to hear I wasn't crazy:rotfl: My wonderful friend bought me a bunch of the watermelon ones. I could not get them open!! I showed them to her when she came to visit after that and she struggled but got it going. I feel much better now :goodvibes

I called the store, holding the soap, take a pair of pliers, hold onto the ring that is between the dispenser and cap, then turn the dispenser counter clockwise, it will pop right up.

I just looked for Mistoe Kiss and then noticed this thread was started a year ago! The previous poster has been trying for a year to open her soap. I actually took a Wallflower back to the store after everyone tried to open it, who would have thought to unscrew it backwards???

I was going to say this is a really, really old thread so I can guarantee everyone that couldn't open their soap can by now. You don't need pliers by the way all you need to do is hold the ring with your hand.

Thank you to the poster who brought back this old thread, because I just opened 2 bottles that I had not been able to open. I thought I would have to wait and use the pump from the bottle I was able to open. Thanks again.:thumbsup2

The other day, I bought a Paris Amour scent anti-bacterial soap, and oh my goodness! It took me hours to get it to open. I tried twisting the pump counter and clockwise but it didn't work. Later, I found the trick to opening it. You have to push your hand down on the pump and twist it until you feel it getting tight, and once it gets to that point, you're gonna twist the pump the other way, and you will feel the pressure release and VOILA!!! :cheer2: The pump is released!:worship:
Good luck with opening the pumps!

Okay, I know this is crazy, but I can't seem to open my Bath and Bodyworks apple wreath anti-bacterial moisturizing hand soap...

Normally the top says open with an arrow and you just turn it until it pops up. I keep turning, and nothing happens -- this one also doesn't have an arrow and directions. I realize I am probably missing something extremely obvious -- take pity on my poor Christmas-frazzled brain, please!

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow

there is a YouTube video for this. I'm unable to post the link. But I search for the same thing. You hold the disc down just underneath the pump and then you twist the pump.

On the top there should be a little indent in the ring. Keep turning until your dispenser pops into that ring. Then your soap is available for use!

On the top there should be a little indent in the ring. Keep turning until your dispenser pops into that ring. Then your soap is available for use!
Welcome to the disboards. You just bumped a 5-year-old zombie thread back to the first page. If the OP has not opened that bottle of soap and used it by now, it's probably in a landfill or processed through a recycling plant.

I had to laugh that this was bumped back up. I remember using the info in this thread to open a bottle I had, years ago LOL.

Why?

I just learned how to get the soap open!

And, I've also got a Wallflowers thingy around here that I couldn't open also.
Glad that you learned something. I would rather not see zombie threads. They usually contain outdated and useless information or they revisit topics that have since been declared taboo on these boards. It's just as easy to start a brand new thread if you have a question on a related topic.

However, when it comes to those darn Wallflower things, I believe that they turn in the opposite direction that you would normally turn something to unscrew it. So, they're kind of counter-intuitive.

“Let me know, ladies!”

Thank you, I finally got it! Mine was a foaming soap from bath and body works. I think the reason this happens Is because everyone twists off the top to smell the soap before they pop the top and in doing so we loosen the grip on the bottle..so when they go to twist the pump it to spins around and around and doesn’t pop open. I just wanted to thank you because it finally worked and it was your comment that I read that actually worked so you rock

ok I just saw this ancient resurrected thread.... and I finally opened my stupid bottle of soap I was about to throw out!:rotfl2: so thank you to whoever brought this back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter