• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

B&B -- Help! I can't open my hand soap!

Worfiedoodles

DIS Veteran
Okay, I know this is crazy, but I can't seem to open my Bath and Bodyworks apple wreath anti-bacterial moisturizing hand soap...

Normally the top says open with an arrow and you just turn it until it pops up. I keep turning, and nothing happens -- this one also doesn't have an arrow and directions. I realize I am probably missing something extremely obvious -- take pity on my poor Christmas-frazzled brain, please!

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow

Run it under hot water and try again or return it. It may be a reject.

That was a good idea! I tried but it didn't work. I also have the same problem with 3 other scents -- so I think it may be user-error...I just don't know the trick for this series of scents...:confused3

Thanks for the hot water idea.

I had the same problem. I asked my husband to open them, and he did it, like immediately (I hate when that happens!!). There's something glitchy with them.

I had that same problem and my 10 year old DD figured out how to open it. I have no idea how she did it though! :lmao:

I'm at work or I'd ask her! I think she pushed it down then twisted it.

I had that same problem and my 10 year old DD figured out how to open it. I have no idea how she did it though! :lmao:

I'm at work or I'd ask her! I think she pushed it down then twisted it.

yeah...my kids do that to me all the time:o

I am so glad it is not just me! My dh and ds12 are out right now -- I suspect when they get home I'll be all set. I tried pushing down and twisting, but I probably don't have the right angle.

Anyway, thank you so much for letting me know I'm not alone. This is such a little thing, but it's driving me crazy!

On the moisturizing soaps there is a ring below the pop top. I had to run around the bottom of the ring with a steak knife and sort of pry it up until it popped. I first ran hot water on it for 30 sec or so, but not sure if this helped or not. Be careful!!!!:cool1:

Ha! So funny to see this! I got the Iced Gingerbread soap last weekend and neither dh or I could open it. It just turns and turns and turns. I ended up switching the pump out of another one I had. I'll try some of these tips and report back!:goodvibes

OMG,:rotfl: I thought it was just me. I bought a bunch of them last year, and the first couple I could not figure it out either. I threw one away because I broke the pump trying to get it off. I tried everything you guys did on this thread, and then accidently,:idea: I pushed off that plastic piece in the middle. Dagnabit, that was the trick.:rotfl2: I think I sat there in amazement for about two (2) minutes. Who knew?:confused3 Some of them pop off relatively easily. If it doesn't, I just use a small screwdriver at the opening, and it comes right off.

I couldn't get mine open either. I asked DD one day when she came over and she snapped it open easily. I think she turned and pulled up on it. I was turning and pushing down.

I had the same problem with an Avon hand soap pump last year.. First one, no problem.. Second one the pump would not pop up no matter what I did.. Finally my then 12 yr. old DGD got it to pop up..

What would we do without kids around to open stuff for us idiotic adults? :rotfl:

So glad they make everything "child proof"..
:rolleyes:

OMG, I thought it was just me! I'm going to go try these tricks on mine that I can't open in the kitchen!

Jill in CO

Good god.

I joined this forum SPECIFICALLY to share my miracle fix with you all after googling to see if anyone else had an answer. I just spent half an hour slamming my forehead against the pump of a Bath and Bodyworks Christmas Candy Apple soap in desperation, with my DH listening to me yell things at it like, "WHY?!?! ALL I WANT IS TO WASH MY HANDS!!!!!"

Finally, the technique that worked for me on both of my bottles of soap was:
Screw the entire top of the soap (not the pump) clockwise so it's incredibly tight onto the bottle. With one hand, hold that bottom section in place so it remains very tight. With your other hand, twist the pump top counter-clockwise.

Let me know, ladies!

Make sure you are holding the cap AND the ring around the top of the cap still when you are turning the pump top in a counterclockwise direction. On some of the soaps when the top piece turns with the pump top, it won't pop up. I've always been able to get it to work that way. Good luck!

Good god.

I joined this forum SPECIFICALLY to share my miracle fix with you all after googling to see if anyone else had an answer. I just spent half an hour slamming my forehead against the pump of a Bath and Bodyworks Christmas Candy Apple soap in desperation, with my DH listening to me yell things at it like, "WHY?!?! ALL I WANT IS TO WASH MY HANDS!!!!!"

Finally, the technique that worked for me on both of my bottles of soap was:
Screw the entire top of the soap (not the pump) clockwise so it's incredibly tight onto the bottle. With one hand, hold that bottom section in place so it remains very tight. With your other hand, twist the pump top counter-clockwise.

Let me know, ladies!

Thank You !! And WELCOME to the DIS boards!! The trick seems to be having that entire top VERY tight :) Joan

Some of the soaps (like the B&B) foaming ones only need to have the pump turned a tiny bit (there is a mark where the "open" part is on the pump top)

I turned and turned mine for a bit before I realized duh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter