Ayone else get comments for being DVC members??

I have generally stopped telling people when I go to WDW for all of the reasons previouly stated. BTW, I also live a modest lifestyle, yet I've gotten grief from people who go out to dinner constantly, lease cars above their means, mortgages above their means, etc. I've sacrificed for what I have and love my Disney vacations that I can now afford.

I have generally stopped telling people when I go to WDW for all of the reasons previouly stated. BTW, I also live a modest lifestyle, yet I've gotten grief from people who go out to dinner constantly, lease cars above their means, mortgages above their means, etc. I've sacrificed for what I have and love my Disney vacations that I can now afford.

I know, right?! My next door neighbor has a place at the beach. She was JUST there for 2 weeks in early July, home for a week and is going again today for a week. She used to spend even more of her summer there but her oldest plays HS football now so they have to stay home for most of August. Anyway, we went to Disney for just 4 nights over Memorial Day weekend for my DS's birthday present (first time since LAST summer) and are going again in 3 weeks for our "real" vacation which is 10 nights. The other day she says to me "Oh again you're going? So soon?":rotfl: Ummmm....how is that any different from what SHE'S doing?!:lmao: You have to just ignore it sometimes!! Some people just don't get it and never will.:rolleyes:

We're not DVC (YET), but we go every year and have discussed DVC the past two years, and I think this years upgrade to OKW will more than likely push us over the edge :)
However, noone gets it. Noone. I'm dancing with excitement over this upgrade to OKW, and I have noone but the hubs to share my excitement with, everyone else is like "oh, that's nice"....When I mention our upcoming Disney trip I get the :rolleyes1 from coworkers/friends and the occassional snide "I wish I could afford to go to Disney every year" (well, you can if you really want but don't get me started on that)....augh...
I'm looking forward to joining your DVC group so at least I'll be in familiar company :yay:

Ummmm....how is that any different from what SHE'S doing?!:lmao: You have to just ignore it sometimes!! Some people just don't get it and never will.:rolleyes:

"Disney; For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

I usually don't tell people unless they make a comment about the resort we're staying at. (ex. AKV, SSR etc) They'll make a comment about how expensive it must be. Then I tell them "I wouldn't know. I'm a DVC member" & leave it at that. Unless they persue the matter further then I'll give them a brief run down about how it works....
We bought our DVC 15 months ago & have been home 13 times already. When people make the comments about going away again I tell them "it's OUR time now that the kids are grown". We have worked hard all our lives & this was a little treat for us to enjoy with our family & grandson.
Funny thing is we used to go to Las Vegas atleast 3 times a year & no one ever said anything about that. But, go to Disney & fugetaboutit....:rotfl:
Then they want to know if we do all the parks and rides. I tell them yes we do. We have AP's so if we want to have lunch @ Epcot we'll go just for lunch. We'll go to HS just to see the show's then leave. They look at us as if we're crazy. I tell them it's one of the perks of being a DVC'er.
My only regret is not buying when SIL did back in "92".

facebook.

I've been using the facebook as a way to post pictures on-line, because it goes straight to our relatives and friends and is an easy way to post them. So they haven't all been disney of course, but as more people started using facebook the more people were on my friends list. After our trip last month a friend replied "please tell me those pictures were from last december and you didn't go again already." - they knew we went last december because we saw one of their friends there. I was like, it is June. So I wrote, "well, it is June, and we did go again, yes." And there was a reply "You mean you went again since December?" And I was like "yeah, a couple of times since December, but you have to understand we have annual passes and disney vacation club so it is already paid for," and I didn't hear any more of it.

Oh, btw, here are some pictures from yesterday:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2756849&id=2354663&l=7f35018b42

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter