Avis -How Is The New Location?

plutospup

<b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu
Compared to their former Radisson location, is the new Avis location, service, etc improved? It was convenient at the Radisson, but their old office seemed slow, and confused.

We were on the Aug. 2nd western. There were at least 50 people waiting in the area under the tent across the street for at least 40-50 minutes for a ride to the new location. Budget and Hertz each sent two vans twice while we all stood there. Port authorities and passengers with cell phones called them constantly only to be told that they were on the way.

Finally 1 van showed up an took a few lucky passengers. The bldg. is very small, their computers were still down two weeks after moving, and the service was VERY SLOW!. There was a long line wrapping outside the bldg. in the heat

When I went to rtn. our van before the trip there was no advance notice that they had moved, simply a note taped to the door with an address but no directions.

I will not rent from them again.

Curious if anyone on a more recent cruise has had better luck. We got a really great deal on a car through Avis for our January trip.

Also wondering, are taxis readily available? If we have a problem, can we just grab a cab to the pier?

We just used them for the August 16th cruise and had no trouble. They loaded our luggage and drove us over. We were one of the first people to arrive at the port. On the way back, we were picked up as soon as we got off the boat and got our van in less than 5 minutes from arriving at their office. We had absolutely no trouble with them.

Used the new Avis location to drop off my rental car on 8-23, and used the Avis shuttle to get the 6 of us back to their office on 8-30. It was quite busy as you can imagine on cruise day, but we were quite pleased with the service we received. We only waited about 10 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up at the port. We were in the office about 20 minutes, then we were on our way to see Shirley at "The Perfect Gift" just a couple of doors south of the Avis office. Then it was off to Dixie Crossroads and my "ROCK SHRIMP!!!"

For our October cruise, I was going to book Avis without even thinking . . .

Exactly how far away is the new office compared to the Radisson? I usually drop the family off at the port, and then pick up/return the car by myself.

Also, was not aware that other rental agencies had offices for one way rental to and from the Cape - who else can you use to rent from there?

Originally posted by Jhalkias
For our October cruise, I was going to book Avis without even thinking . . .

Exactly how far away is the new office compared to the Radisson? I usually drop the family off at the port, and then pick up/return the car by myself.

Also, was not aware that other rental agencies had offices for one way rental to and from the Cape - who else can you use to rent from there?

As I was driving to Avis to drop off my car last week, I was surprised to see how close the Budget Office is to the Radisson. For me, I could have dropped of a car at Budget, and could have walked back to the Radisson. That might be my option next year.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter