Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

Good morning! For those testing from home for fun, what constitutes “success”? I just tried at 7 a.m. but don’t have an active ticket (we're not going until October). I turned off WiFi, used the pull-down method, saw the “Join” button right at 7 a.m., clicked, then was asked to link a ticket. As expected, that’s as far as I can get ... or am I missing something?
On your visiting day the tickets in your party will be automatically selected on the Create a Party screen. You will hit one more join button on that screen. You don’t even want to check the selected tickets. Immediately click the Join button on the Create a Party screen.

Last edited:
Just confirming this is still the case:
If starting day in DCA, with Parkhopper, you cannot get the BG for ROTR until noon? Thanks!
You can only hold one BG for ROTOR or WS at a time. If you get a WS BG you must scan your BG before 12pm in order to try for the ROTR BG at 12pm.

Last edited:
So to clarify, tickets with a reservation for that day will automatically be selected but they won’t if there isn’t a reservation? I practiced this morning and they weren’t selected. When I practiced for ROTR at WDW several months ago the tickets were always selected whether or not there was a reservation for HS that day.

So to clarify, tickets with a reservation for that day will automatically be selected but they won’t if there isn’t a reservation? I practiced this morning and they weren’t selected. When I practiced for ROTR at WDW several months ago the tickets were always selected whether or not there was a reservation for HS that day.
Disneyland app does not preselect anything when no reservations found. WDW app only selects primary contact when no reservation found.

but yes, both preselect on day of reservations

Disneyland app does not preselect anything when no reservations found. WDW app only selects primary contact when no reservation found.

but yes, both preselect on day of reservations
Oh yeah, that’s right, when I practiced for ROTR at WDW it only selected me but it selected everyone when we were actually there. Thanks!

So looks like Web Slingers either got through the 49 groups that dropped at 7am already or it broke down.

I practiced today. I had the DL boarding group page showing and hit DCA at 12 and saw the button. Only got to where it says are you in the park since I don’t have a reservation.

a little concerned I've tried the various methods here to practice getting a WS BG from home and have yet to ever be 'successful' (as in get to the 'you're not in the park' screen). latest attempt used Time.gov., good data reception/no wi-fi, clicked from DL tab onto DCA tab at 11:59:59 as someone suggested and it still spun too long before it was full.

Maybe the extra spinning happens because the app can't actually select valid tickets on a 'practice' round? AT least I hope that explains it...

We got BG 91 from Tropical Hideaway at the noon drop. The whole place erupted in cheers right as we got it, which was fun! But hope it isn’t down - we saw that they aren’t boarding any groups right now.

a little concerned I've tried the various methods here to practice getting a WS BG from home and have yet to ever be 'successful' (as in get to the 'you're not in the park' screen). latest attempt used Time.gov., good data reception/no wi-fi, clicked from DL tab onto DCA tab at 11:59:59 as someone suggested and it still spun too long before it was full.

Maybe the extra spinning happens because the app can't actually select valid tickets on a 'practice' round? AT least I hope that explains it...
What kind of phone and cell provider do you have?

Reading through almost all of this, I have 2 thoughts about my late June trip:

1. This boarding group stuff freaks me out because I've never done it (haven't been to DLR since Oct 2019 and WDW since July 2019, before all of this.) We really want to get both ROTR and WS, and we have 3 day PH so several options, but this seems so stressful!

2. GOTG is one of my top favorite rides, and I am SO BUMMED that it's going to be so hard to ride it because it's inside AC! I love Marvel and am excited for AC, but I love GOTG more and was looking forward to many repeat rides. I'm not willing to wait hours for AC standby, so unless we get a WS boarding group, I guess we don't get to do GOTG either. That makes me sad!

On Five Fires' Youtube. channel, he said that you can get into AC with a much shorter wait in the evening (like after 7pm), but there won't be shows and stuff in AC. Has anyone who's been there seen that? I'm hoping we can at least use that option for some extra GOTG rides.

Reading through almost all of this, I have 2 thoughts about my late June trip:

1. This boarding group stuff freaks me out because I've never done it (haven't been to DLR since Oct 2019 and WDW since July 2019, before all of this.) We really want to get both ROTR and WS, and we have 3 day PH so several options, but this seems so stressful!

2. GOTG is one of my top favorite rides, and I am SO BUMMED that it's going to be so hard to ride it because it's inside AC! I love Marvel and am excited for AC, but I love GOTG more and was looking forward to many repeat rides. I'm not willing to wait hours for AC standby, so unless we get a WS boarding group, I guess we don't get to do GOTG either. That makes me sad!

On Five Fires' Youtube. channel, he said that you can get into AC with a much shorter wait in the evening (like after 7pm), but there won't be shows and stuff in AC. Has anyone who's been there seen that? I'm hoping we can at least use that option for some extra GOTG rides.
Sunday, we walked by at 7:00pm I think and there was no line to get in.

With our attempt on Saturday, we started on the DCA tab and refreshed at 6:59:58 and my niece got us boarding group 8. There is so much stress trying to figure out which method is best since there seems to be success with both ways. We had all 8 in our party attempting to increase our odds.

We only waited about 90 min on Monday around 4pm to get in via standby line. I did not see the standby line ever completely gone/no wait when they were still letting people in. It's not necessarily true that there aren't any shows late in the evening. We were in AC from about 5:30-9pm on Monday and did not see the Black Widow/Black Panther show happen or the Spider-Man one, though we were not always in areas where we would have know they were happening (on GOTG, eating over by the Hyperion etc.). However, the last Dr. Strange show of the evening was at 8:45pm and we did see that. I think that one is probably better at night anyway.

Yesterday we were kind of hanging around to see if the Spider-Man show would happen around 6pm and eventually a CM let everyone in the area know that they were "done with testing for the day" but that he would be coming out to say hi on occasion. I know they don't want people congregating for the shows and they want it to feel spontaneous but it really would be nice if there was a schedule since people are congregating anyway hoping one will happen. CMs are very cagey about the schedule too- some will give info and others won't (and others make guesses about the schedule that aren't correct).

We re-entered AC at 7:25 on opening day, and while the Spider-Man and stunt show weren't still running, there were two Doctor Strange shows in the evening. Also, there were roaming characters right up until sunset around 8:15pm. Black Widow was up near the quinjet, while Loki and Thor were on the ground.

Also, they may cap the line to get into AC, so even if you plan on waiting until late you should still swing by before 7 and see what the crowd-level/policy is for that day to ensure you can jump into the queue later without any issues.

We re-entered AC at 7:25 on opening day, and while the Spider-Man and stunt show weren't still running, there were two Doctor Strange shows in the evening. Also, there were roaming characters right up until sunset around 8:15pm. Black Widow was up near the quinjet, while Loki and Thor were on the ground.

Also, they may cap the line to get into AC, so even if you plan on waiting until late you should still swing by before 7 and see what the crowd-level/policy is for that day to ensure you can jump into the queue later without any issues.

Good to know, and good idea. We have dining reservations around 6:30 all 3 nights we're there, so not sure we'd be able to get there early enough anyway. I guess we'll have to rely on getting a BG for Spider Man and then do all our GOTG rides then. I'm just bummed we won't be able to ride that one as much as normal.

Good to know, and good idea. We have dining reservations around 6:30 all 3 nights we're there, so not sure we'd be able to get there early enough anyway. I guess we'll have to rely on getting a BG for Spider Man and then do all our GOTG rides then. I'm just bummed we won't be able to ride that one as much as normal.
It’s possible that the boarding groups will not be in use by the time you go, and that land access restrictions will be gone. We’re going to know a lot more after Tuesday when the state lifts the social distancing requirements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter