Availability Trend??

Mai Ku Tiki

DIS Veteran
I totally get that availability changes every minute, but before I buy resale with hopes of snagging my preferred location in '22 (lower-pts seasons), does someone have a general trend calendar or anything that would help? Thanks!

On my end, your post shows up with asterisks: "The site is *************and has availability...."

When a site shows up with ******, it means it is a business not allowed to be discussed on the DIS.

So, no info about it can be shared, including ways to find it.

It means that that particular website or business is in our filter., and may not be discussed. Most businesses are not in our filter.

For members, booking at their home resort 11 months in advance is always a good idea, and the reservations can always be changed/canceled later depending upon holding and banking rules.

I totally get that availability changes every minute, but before I buy resale with hopes of snagging my preferred location in '22 (lower-pts seasons), does someone have a general trend calendar or anything that would help? Thanks!

In addition to general trends: Most resorts are available at 11 months right away - there are a few exceptions in specialty rooms - it can be difficult to get VAKL Concierge or Value and, especially during certain seasons, BWV Standard View at 11 months for instance.

There can be a big difference between calling right at seven months for a room and calling at six and a half months.

Some people are willing and able to increase their 7 month success by moving resorts, waitlisting, stalking the reservations system (i.e. checking a few times a day for cancellations). Others find that to be too much bother.

The last three months of the year have been the busiest for DVC for at least the past twenty years. Food and Wine and the holidays drive a lot of traffic, points are lower, a lot of schools have Fall breaks somewhere in there, and the weather is better than it is during the first three months.

Finally, our generally advice is some version of "buy where you want to stay" or at least "buy where you won't mind ending up."

The last three months of the year have been the busiest for DVC for at least the past twenty years. Food and Wine and the holidays drive a lot of traffic, points are lower, a lot of schools have Fall breaks somewhere in there, and the weather is better than it is during the first three months.
This. Part of your question about what will be available depends on when you are most likely to travel and what room size. We generally go for FW, always get a 1BR, and also book right around month 11 to get BCV (one year I wanted to add on at month 10 and couldn't get a Saturday night). We book right away with VGF to get a 1 br standard view and with our new BLT contract will also book right away to get a 1 br MK view (at least for the 1st trip, I suspect in the future we'll do lake view).

We have a ton of banked points (as do other owners I think) right now and are using our points alot over the next 15 months (9 nights BCV 10/21, 8 nights VGC 1/22, 8 nights VGF 5/22, and intend on 8 nights 9/22 BCV plus 8 nights BLT 12/22). We got lucky at month 7 booking VGC in all honesty but all the others were or will be booked around month 11. We are very happy we went with buy where you want to stay because I feel confident I can secure the rooms we want at the resorts we want at 11 months but I would not be confident in being able to book those rooms/resorts at 7 months with non-home points.

Another question to ask yourself on points is are you buying the bare minimum or are you buying cushion? Disney can and will change the points you need: for our 2nd and 3rd contracts, we bought about 50 more points per contract than what we guessed we would need for our usual travel habits and this has enabled us to be fine with both point chart changes and the 50% borrowing restriction. Our 1st contract we are tight and I wish we had those extra 50 points but I didn't know what I know now in 2009.

I am looking at a SSR resale for 250pts. I have no problem with SSR being my home resort but do not want to always have to stay there. I have a family of 6 (Disney hates families of 6) so I will have to have a two bedroom which is why I was looking into DVC. Are two bedroom villas hard to get at non-home resorts at 7 months? I need to know if my thoughts on two bedroom availability is way off.

I am looking at a SSR resale for 250pts. I have no problem with SSR being my home resort but do not want to always have to stay there. I have a family of 6 (Disney hates families of 6) so I will have to have a two bedroom which is why I was looking into DVC. Are two bedroom villas hard to get at non-home resorts at 7 months? I need to know if my thoughts on two bedroom availability is way off.
As always, the answer will vary by resort and travel season. Booking right at 7 months at your non-home resorts will give you the best chance, also booking larger resorts, like AKV, OKW, SSR, those will have the best availability. I have been shut out at 7 months from BLT, but have been able to get Poly studios at 7 months. I'm going to try for a AKV one bedroom in for June 2022. but mostly I stay at my home resort of OKW.

But does looking for 2 bedrooms open up more opportunity? (Are 2 bedrooms the last to go so they are more abundant?)

That's what I am trying to understand correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts