Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Yes, Auntie's Beach House requires that the kids be potty trained if you want to leave them. By the way, we will be (hopefully) at Aulani October 5-12, 2014. The 11th window opens this coming Tuesday and we will booking an an Ocean View studio for 7 nights. Perhaps we'll see you by the pool if you travel during the same time!

Thanks! We have decided to plan for October an these are the same basic dates we'll be looking at. Good luck tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We leave in 15 days for Aulani :cool1::yay: can't wait!! We are booked for a dedicated 2BR Ocean view room. We'll be calling today to try to specify certain floors/rooms - we'd like not only the ocean view, but also a view of the Valley. Any suggestions on how to phrase the request? thanks!!

We leave in 15 days for Aulani :cool1::yay: can't wait!! We are booked for a dedicated 2BR Ocean view room. We'll be calling today to try to specify certain floors/rooms - we'd like not only the ocean view, but also a view of the Valley. Any suggestions on how to phrase the request? thanks!!

The simplest, most direct way to phrase your request is to ask for an Ocean View villa overlooking Waikolohe Valley. However, I don't know if the Member Services Cast Members are that familiar with the name of Aulani's Valley. So it might be a good idea to request "overlooking the main pool and lazy river."

Good luck on getting what you want. Please report back and let us know what you end up with.

By the way, just this morning we booked an Ocean View studio for October 5-12, 2014. Like you, we want to overlook Waikolohe Valley. I'm interested in hearing your experience with getting your request, because that is essentially the same thing we'd like to request.

The simplest, most direct way to phrase your request is to ask for an Ocean View villa overlooking Waikolohe Valley. However, I don't know if the Member Services Cast Members are that familiar with the name of Aulani's Valley. So it might be a good idea to request "overlooking the main pool and lazy river."

Good luck on getting what you want. Please report back and let us know what you end up with.

By the way, just this morning we booked an Ocean View studio for October 5-12, 2014. Like you, we want to overlook Waikolohe Valley. I'm interested in hearing your experience with getting your request, because that is essentially the same thing we'd like to request.

That is also the request I put in for my nephews honeymoon. At first the CM seemed a little puzzled by Waikolohe valley but then got it and I believe used it for the request. We'll see what happens in March!

We stayed at Aulani 9/2-9/4. Our room was 1454 (Ocean View Studio). During the planning stage, my DH wasn't sure the view would be worth it, but whatever made me happy. When we got there, I wanted to cry, I was so happy.

Looking straight down. You can see the little stage where they have live music at night. It was lovely to have the patio door open and have live music

We were at Aulani Oct 2-11 2013. I'm still trying to get DD to help me post some pictures from our villa (I'm challanged in things like posting pictures).
We were in villa 1650 and the view looked almost the same as the view from the posting showing villa 1454.

When I added my request for the 2 bedroom ocean view villa we had booked, I asked to be on as high a floor as available at the time and to be in a villa in the Ewa Tower overlooking pool with a room ending in XX50 as my first choice and two others in the other tower. I was assigned my first choice on the top floor!! Villa 1650 was a great villa with a wonderful view. The bellman that walked up with us when we arrived, said that he thought we had one of the best views at Aulani.

According to this thread, the beginning posts, isn't 1575, Dedicated 2BR in EWA building, Phase 3?

If we wanted to be in the Wainae Building and have booked a 2BR dedicated 2 BR, it looks like from the thread that 703-103 are the choices of 2 BR dedicated island views? Is that correct? So, the highest floor possible, would be 703? Anyone know if 703 is far from the elevator bank? Much thanks for any info!:)

According to this thread, the beginning posts, isn't 1575, Dedicated 2BR in EWA building, Phase 3?

If we wanted to be in the Wainae Building and have booked a 2BR dedicated 2 BR, it looks like from the thread that 703-103 are the choices of 2 BR dedicated island views? Is that correct? So, the highest floor possible, would be 703? Anyone know if 703 is far from the elevator bank? Much thanks for any info!:)

Your understanding is correct: The villas ending in xx75 are dedicated two-bedrooms located in the Ewa Building Phase 3. They do not overlook the Waikolohe Valley; instead, they overlook the lawn on which the Starlit Hui is performed.

In the Waianae Building, the Island View dedicated two-bedrooms have room numbers ending in either xx03 or xx09. They are located on floors 1 through 7, so the 7th floor is as high as you can be in an Island View in the Waianae Building.

In the Waianae Building, the elevators are located closest to the villas ending in xx12 and xx13. The lower the room number, the further you will be from the elevators in the Waianae Building. However, the hallways at Aulani are not that long. In my opinion, I don't think you gain much, if anything, by being close to a bank of elevators.

This is the view from our room 975. It is a dedicated 2 bd.

Looking straight out

Looking to your right a bit

If you looked straight down you had a great view of the lawn area where the Starlight Hui takes place.

Aloha,
Heidi

You are welcome, although I should be thanking you and whoever figured out to ask for a room ending in xx75 or xx81. I requested that and got it.

Heidi

Thanks for posting, BEAUTIFUL view of the ocean!!!!!!:dance3:

So, 975 is the Ewa Building? And this is the 9th floor correct?

Looks SO PRETTY!:thumbsup2

Yep, it was a dedicated. We loved having the 3rd bathroom even though there were just 5 of us. I will try to figure out how to post photos soon!

There are three bathrooms in the two bedroom villas??? I thought there were only two.

Thanks for replies!

One last question...Rooms in Ewa building, ending in XX75 or XX81, how close are these to elevator bank?:coffee:

MUCH THANKS!:cheer2:

Thanks for replies!

One last question...Rooms in Ewa building, ending in XX75 or XX81, how close are these to elevator bank?:coffee:

MUCH THANKS!:cheer2:

Fairly close. I think our room was like 4 rooms in from the elevator (rm 975). But like many have said the hallway isn't that long so any room isn't very far from an elevator.

H

There are three bathrooms in the two bedroom villas??? I thought there were only two.

It's actually 2 1/2 baths. Each bedroom has a full bath, and there is another 1/2 bath right by the kitchen. It has a sink, and toilet - also it has the only full length mirror in the villa. I was surprised not to find a full length mirror in the master bath.

Heidi

There are 2 1/2 bathrooms in the dedicated 2 bedrooms, only 2 bathrooms in the lock-off 2 bedrooms.

And we were in room 1575 and found the location great in terms of close enough to the elevators but also far enough not to hear people around them. I agree, the hallways are not so long that the elevators would ever seem inconvenient.

Seems like a perfect location to me!:thumbsup2

Beautiful pics and "not far" from the elevator!

A Perfect Combo!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thanks to all for the Insight on Island View Locations!!!!!!!

Dreaming of Aulani in May!!!!!!!!!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::dance3:

We are currently booked for 2br IV L/O for the first 3 nights (my niece plus fiance might be coming depending on her schedule) and 2BR IV for the final 2 nights. We are contemplating on whether just cancel the L/O option and go w/ the dedicated - lucky for us, as of now, this option is avail. Checked with the couple, they don't mind our kids coming to wake them up at 6 am.

What units have the following:
-a straight balcony to keep tab of the young ones
-great view of the Starlit Hui show
-partial view of the ocean

Thanks
Sam

facebook twitter