August/September Disneyers...let's get in shape for our trip!!

Have a good trip Riverhill :)

No change for me today which is fine since I was down yesterday. I did a LOT of exercise yesterday, swam allll day so I feel great. Just took the dogs for a walk but it's hot, so I think I'll go swim some more! Still 10.8lbs left to lose for me, 36 days to do it, so 0.3lbs per day or 2.1 per week. Sounds good to me, I think I might be able to manage it.

Have a good trip Riverhill :)

No change for me today which is fine since I was down yesterday. I did a LOT of exercise yesterday, swam allll day so I feel great. Just took the dogs for a walk but it's hot, so I think I'll go swim some more! Still 10.8lbs left to lose for me, 36 days to do it, so 0.3lbs per day or 2.1 per week. Sounds good to me, I think I might be able to manage it.

I always found that the day after I worked out I never lost weight. It seemed to be about 2 days after that I noticed the difference. With that much excercise you will reach your goal with time to spare.:thumbsup2

Today is the last day before we leave. I will be loading up the minivan today and taking the dog to the kennel. We will be leaving at 4 am tomorrow morning. The road trip is part of our fun.:banana: We plan on taking I-75 south and stopping in Cleveland TN, Saturday night and Lake City, FL on Sunday night. We should be in WDW by 9:30 am Monday :cool1::cool1:

Weigh in this morning was 163lbs. :thumbsup2

Thank you all again for sharing your lives and allowing me to vent :grouphug:

You are so lucky to leave so soon! Go have lots of good food and drinks, but save me some Grand Marnier Slushies and Dole Whips!

I don't always like to speak for other people, but I don't think I'm alone when I say I am so proud of you for sticking to your goals, even with all the speed bumps along the way. You have really been an inspiration for me and my goals, and have kept me dedicated to reaching them. I can't wait to see pictures of the new skinny you!!

So, I know that this is way late in the game but I have been secretly stalking this thread and finally decided to join in.
I am going to Disney 9/25-9/30 with DH & DD3 for the first time ever! It is also my wedding anniversary that week.
I am 29 and have never weighed more than 135lbs. After I had my daughter that all changed! I have been trying to lose the 40lbs I gained from pregnancy ever since. I have tried most everything, but I have not had a lot of luck. I am now at 171 and I am doing everything I can to lose as much as I can in a healthy way before our big trip.
All of you ladies have been such an inspiration, thank you so much! :flower3:

You are so lucky to leave so soon! Go have lots of good food and drinks, but save me some Grand Marnier Slushies and Dole Whips!

I don't always like to speak for other people, but I don't think I'm alone when I say I am so proud of you for sticking to your goals, even with all the speed bumps along the way. You have really been an inspiration for me and my goals, and have kept me dedicated to reaching them. I can't wait to see pictures of the new skinny you!!

Gee, i don't know if I will be able to save some Grand Marnier slush.. i really like those;)...I would love to see some pics of all my fellow Diser's on their vacations. I will be sure to post some after we get back.

So, I know that this is way late in the game but I have been secretly stalking this thread and finally decided to join in.
I am going to Disney 9/25-9/30 with DH & DD3 for the first time ever! It is also my wedding anniversary that week.
I am 29 and have never weighed more than 135lbs. After I had my daughter that all changed! I have been trying to lose the 40lbs I gained from pregnancy ever since. I have tried most everything, but I have not had a lot of luck. I am now at 171 and I am doing everything I can to lose as much as I can in a healthy way before our big trip.

Welcome aboard:cheer2: Glad you finally joined our group. :grouphug:

Part of my job involves me constantly going to training to become a better manager. The other day I took a class on time management and to me it had alot to do with weight loss too. Here is what I learned:

• There is no such thing as procastination: you either choose to do something now or never. When it is important enough to you you will do what needs to be done.

• When you say " I don't have enough time" what you are really saying is " I don't care enough" ( this one was painfully truthful too me)... Look at what you spend your time doing, those are the things that you value and place importance on.

• There is no such thing as feeling stressed or pressure by all you have to do on your list. You are the one placing that pressure and stress on yourself not the things that are on your list. Once again, when something becomes important enough you will do it.

• You will never have enough time to do all you need or have to do. So stop waiting for the "time" it will never be there.

• There is no such thing as procastination: you either choose to do something now or never. When it is important enough to you you will do what needs to be done.

• When you say " I don't have enough time" what you are really saying is " I don't care enough" ( this one was painfully truthful too me)... Look at what you spend your time doing, those are the things that you value and place importance on.

• There is no such thing as feeling stressed or pressure by all you have to do on your list. You are the one placing that pressure and stress on yourself not the things that are on your list. Once again, when something becomes important enough you will do it.

• You will never have enough time to do all you need or have to do. So stop waiting for the "time" it will never be there.

These are great, and maybe hit a little too close to home. But they did get me motivated! I was having a crappy day (ok, I was creating a bad environment for myself, all my own fault too!) and this got me motivated. Literally as soon as I stop typing I'm off to walk the dogs. Thanks for posting this, I will think of it often.

Hi Everyone!! I'm just back from camping and visiting my sister and now the fun REALLY begins! I finally get to start packing for DISNEY!!!!! I've been waiting for this moment for soooo long! (Oh ya, have to do a million loads of laundry first...bummer!) We are leaving the day after tomorrow then flying to Orlando on Wednesday!!!! For the past four months my brain has been all Disney all the time...but now it's allowed to be!!

I haven't weighed myself (no scale while camping - phew!) but I'm estimating my weight hasn't changed much. I suspect the extra food while away was counteracted by the extra exercise (lots of hiking and swimming) so it should be a wash! I'm officially NOT worrying about diet at Disney and will be ready to start again on September 1st.

Welcome!!! We are here for you whenever you need it. I'm in the mid 170's right now and would love to be 145lbs. We can drop the pounds together!

Part of my job involves me constantly going to training to become a better manager. The other day I took a class on time management and to me it had alot to do with weight loss too. Here is what I learned:

Cathy - You are on your way to Disney as I type this!!!! Have a great time! (If you can get this). And thanks for the inspirational tips (these ones and all the others!!)

These are great, and maybe hit a little too close to home. But they did get me motivated! I was having a crappy day (ok, I was creating a bad environment for myself, all my own fault too!) and this got me motivated. Literally as soon as I stop typing I'm off to walk the dogs. Thanks for posting this, I will think of it often.
Keep up the great work Wendy! There's lots of stumbling blocks but the important thing is to always get back in the game...which it sounds like you are doing!:thumbsup2

It never fails, I always seem to fall apart on the weekends! But I had a blast doing it, I must say. I joined a MeetUp group here in town, because I don't know hardly anybody around here. Friday night was my first meetup and I had a blast! We went on a gallery crawl around the artsy section of town, then headed to one of the local bars...where I had beer and drinks and nachos. But I did something I never would have had the courage for 30 lbs ago- I got up on stage and did karaoke! Everybody said I was really good, haha! I was pretty proud of myself for getting up there and doing it. It took some jacking up, but I never would have been able to do it if I hadn't lost the weight. And I wouldn't have been able to do that as well as I have without you ladies!

Checking to see how everyone is doing. Lots of packing and scales going down!!!! Great news and lots of hard work!!!!

I just broke 11 lbs. We were away for 8 days so was thrilled to see the scale go down with all that southern cooking that was going on.

Still trying for 20lbs by our Oct. trip and our party & my birthday bash at Narcossee's!

Keep up all the good work and anyone in the path of bad weather please stay safe:grouphug:

Maria

I had an exciting development today!! I went to the pharmacy to get my heart meds and of course weighed myself like I do every month. I am below the 200lb mark!!!! I haven't been below that in over a year!!! I have lost at least 10 lbs since the beginning of July!! I feel better too!!

Also I went to JCPenneys last night looking for a dress for an adr for Kona Cafe. There was a dress I tried on awhile back and I couldn't fit in the x-large comfortably. But I was able to fit into the large last night and I bought it!!!! I felt like a million bucks. Kona ADR dress

And a gf of mine who I haven't seen in about a month commented that I looked slimmer. I didn't even realize it either!!

Man, I hope I'm in shape for tromping over Disney World next month!

I'm extra-Pooh sized, but I've been working on getting in shape regardless. I walk 2-3 miles a day. Afterward I feel like I could walk more, just not enough time, so I'm hoping (fingers crossed!) I'll be good for commando-park during my mostly-solo trip. Or at least, that I can do a decent day in the parks.

My biggest achievement is figuring out how to avoid blisters! It's taken new (professionally fitted!) running shoes, two layers of socks, moleskin, and special insoles for the shoes. But I've been blister-free for four days now, when I was plagued non-stop before.

I had an exciting development today!! I went to the pharmacy to get my heart meds and of course weighed myself like I do every month. I am below the 200lb mark!!!! I haven't been below that in over a year!!! I have lost at least 10 lbs since the beginning of July!! I feel better too!!

Also I went to JCPenneys last night looking for a dress for an adr for Kona Cafe. There was a dress I tried on awhile back and I couldn't fit in the x-large comfortably. But I was able to fit into the large last night and I bought it!!!! I felt like a million bucks. Kona ADR dress

And a gf of mine who I haven't seen in about a month commented that I looked slimmer. I didn't even realize it either!!

Whoo!!!:cool1::banana::woohoo: That's awesome Jana! You'll have to post a picture of you in that gorgeous dress- and I might have to buy one of my own!

Man, I hope I'm in shape for tromping over Disney World next month!

I'm extra-Pooh sized, but I've been working on getting in shape regardless. I walk 2-3 miles a day. Afterward I feel like I could walk more, just not enough time, so I'm hoping (fingers crossed!) I'll be good for commando-park during my mostly-solo trip. Or at least, that I can do a decent day in the parks.

My biggest achievement is figuring out how to avoid blisters! It's taken new (professionally fitted!) running shoes, two layers of socks, moleskin, and special insoles for the shoes. But I've been blister-free for four days now, when I was plagued non-stop before.

Welcome Rabidstoat! That's really cool about your shoes. It's definitely not easy getting shoes that fit, but it's always so much better when you do :goodvibes Check back soon to let us know all about your progress!

Having no luck on my own here. My DH is working at the YMCA (he's a plumber and they're just finishing a huge expansion) so he brought home some brochures. We're both thinking of getting a monthly pass and trying to use it often enough to make it worth it. I think we're going to make our decision today! Might be my first ever gym pass.

Having no luck on my own here. My DH is working at the YMCA (he's a plumber and they're just finishing a huge expansion) so he brought home some brochures. We're both thinking of getting a monthly pass and trying to use it often enough to make it worth it. I think we're going to make our decision today! Might be my first ever gym pass.

You should do it! When we had a "Y" pass, we went a lot in the summer, because of the pools. They also used to have Ironman Competitions my dad competed in- you had 30 days to swim x miles, bike x miles, etc, and you would be awarded a shirt, a plaque, and a couple other things too. It was pretty motivational for him!

I'm so excited, I had to tell you guys (even though I think it's just me and Teeka around this week) I get to be a coach in the next Biggest Loser Challenge here on the boards! If you've never done a BLC before, you should- it's really pretty fun and motivating! The next one starts September 9th.

:wizard: Okay....I've been back from WDW for 2 weeks and it's time to get back on the horse! I went for my annual physical today and I've gained 3 lbs since last year and 7 lbs since June! So things are definitely going in the WRONG direction. I spoke to the Dr and she agreed with diet and excercise I can get this under control and improve my cholestrerol levels, which were a little high....yikes! So we came up with a goal of 10 lbs....my friend is bugging me to join a new gym opening in town, so I guess that's something I'm going to need to do.
Teekathepony....this will be my first gym membership too! I'm nervous about going there and having people see me work out...hahaha. I'm older and wider than most of the usual gym clientele, but I'm willing to give it a shot! This gym opens in Oct. so you can let me know what you think of the whole gym experience....

I am back!!!! ;) 10 days in WDW and Oh how I miss it already:sad2: We had a wonderful trip with a nice blend of busy and relaxing days. I will be honest, I ate everything I wanted and did not once say no when I wanted to say yes. I also only drank water and tea, with little sweetener.

I weighed in today and gained 2 lbs... I am okay with that. :thumbsup2 I went to the store this morning and the house is once again stocked with healthy choices. I will be once again be cutting the salt from my diet and hopefully that will take care of those 2 lbs. I am not changing my tracker because I know I will be back to 163 soon.

I missed all of you while I was gone, and look forward to hearing how everyone else does on their vacation.

Congrats on being the Biggest Loser Coach Kaiti that is awesome:cool1:

Hi Everyone!!! I'm back too! I've actually been back since Wednesday night but haven't been on the disboards because I've been afraid of being too sad! I've got a bad case of post-Disney depression. I really put too much time, energy and devotion to the trip since March and I have this huge "NOW WHAT??" feeling now that it's over. But I did definitely miss you all!

Now for the big confession...I gained 6 pounds! (Cathy you should be so proud that you only gained two!) Yes we did tons of walking everyday day but at a 5 year old pace (no stroller for DS, which we were glad about, but we couldn't walk at an adult calorie-burning pace). We also did tons of eating everyday with the dining plan. Who needs dessert with lunch AND dinner!?! Oh my!

Unlike Cathy, I have not yet stocked my fridge with good food. Haven't really finished unpacking even. I really kinda feel like I don't want to face the fact that it is over!

It really was a great time and I'm going to focus on the terrific family memories! I'm sure I'll get my groove back because school is starting Tuesday...back to routine, structure, better eating plans!

Oh, and Cathy...I'm so sorry I didn't find you at Kona Cafe on the 24th! The kids were desperate to rush to Magic Kingdom as it was our first night. DD had a serious case of "get me on a roller coaster". I hope you understand! Glad you had a great trip!

Kaiti, congrats on BLC coaching! You'll be great!
Good job Maria and jana! Welcome rabidstoat! Good luck with the gym memberships Wendy and LAS! You can do it!

:wizard: Glad you guys had a great trip! I completely understand what you mean about post-Disney depression....I think I still have it and I've been back 2 1/2 weeks! I don't think you can realistically go to WDW, enjoy yourself and not expect to gain weight. So much of the Disney fun is food related. I think the most important thing is to enjoy yourself while you're there and NOT beat yourself up when you get home and step on the scale. Today is a new day and we start from here forward.
I need to do the same with stocking up my kitchen with healthy choices, especially for snacks. I plan to make a good list for next week and get my butt in gear. I've been off all summer and go back to work on Tuesday. Then it's time to get back on a schedule and really get serious.
So here's to our post-Disney weight loss! :banana:

I am back!!!! ;) 10 days in WDW and Oh how I miss it already:sad2: We had a wonderful trip with a nice blend of busy and relaxing days. I will be honest, I ate everything I wanted and did not once say no when I wanted to say yes. I also only drank water and tea, with little sweetener.

I weighed in today and gained 2 lbs... I am okay with that. :thumbsup2 I went to the store this morning and the house is once again stocked with healthy choices. I will be once again be cutting the salt from my diet and hopefully that will take care of those 2 lbs. I am not changing my tracker because I know I will be back to 163 soon.

I missed all of you while I was gone, and look forward to hearing how everyone else does on their vacation.

Congrats on being the Biggest Loser Coach Kaiti that is awesome:cool1:

Hi Everyone!!! I'm back too! I've actually been back since Wednesday night but haven't been on the disboards because I've been afraid of being too sad! I've got a bad case of post-Disney depression. I really put too much time, energy and devotion to the trip since March and I have this huge "NOW WHAT??" feeling now that it's over. But I did definitely miss you all!

Now for the big confession...I gained 6 pounds! (Cathy you should be so proud that you only gained two!) Yes we did tons of walking everyday day but at a 5 year old pace (no stroller for DS, which we were glad about, but we couldn't walk at an adult calorie-burning pace). We also did tons of eating everyday with the dining plan. Who needs dessert with lunch AND dinner!?! Oh my!

Unlike Cathy, I have not yet stocked my fridge with good food. Haven't really finished unpacking even. I really kinda feel like I don't want to face the fact that it is over!

It really was a great time and I'm going to focus on the terrific family memories! I'm sure I'll get my groove back because school is starting Tuesday...back to routine, structure, better eating plans!

Oh, and Cathy...I'm so sorry I didn't find you at Kona Cafe on the 24th! The kids were desperate to rush to Magic Kingdom as it was our first night. DD had a serious case of "get me on a roller coaster". I hope you understand! Glad you had a great trip!

Kaiti, congrats on BLC coaching! You'll be great!
Good job Maria and jana! Welcome rabidstoat! Good luck with the gym memberships Wendy and LAS! You can do it!

Cathy and Tara- I'm so glad you had such an awesome time on your vacations!! Mine is but a heartbeat away- 14 days from this moment, I'll be in the car on the way to my Laughing Place!! :woohoo::yay::cool1:

I'm sure the weight you ladies gained will come right off once you go back to normal eating habits. That usually happens to me, haha. Cathy, I'm so glad you didn't say No to anything on vacation- that's what makes it a vacation!! I can't wait to hear more about your trips!! And thanks for the congrats on being a coach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter