• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 23-30, 2003 "Welcome Home Fellow Cruisers--Trip Report Completed"

Originally posted by gometros
Port Canaveral, FL (AP) - Florida State Police and US Coast Guard are on the alert for a potential threat expected to hit the east coast of Florida on Saturday. Rumors of a man masquerading as a cruise ship captain have been circulating the internet for a few weeks now and authorities are concerned that this could be a possible terrorist threat or hijacking. Calling himself Captain Veranda, this mysterious stranger is subject to fits of uncontrollable glee and hysteria and has been known to commit random acts of kindness.

Sometime seen wearing nothing more than underpants, a cape and a fake captain's hat, Captain Veranda is a known shrimp thief and is suspected to have a partner, only known as "rae". His unusual name is attributed to a lifelong desire to occupy a stateroom with a balcony and seeks out cruise ships with only this type of accommodation. He is described as medium height, medium build, and dark hair and wears glasses. He is armed and has been caught challenging unsuspecting people to duels with pianos.

Police believe his target may be the Disney Magic, since he mistakenly believes he is the real captain. Authorities are concerned that once aboard the Magic, he will subject the 2,000 plus guests to excessive mirth and outrageous behavior. The Magic will be which sailing on Saturday with a seven-day itinerary with stops in St. Martin, St. Thomas and Disney's own island in the Bahamas. Once onboard the ship, local authorities will be helpless to stop this man. People who spot anyone matching this description are urged to contact the authorities immediately and are warned not to approach the suspect, unless armed with a Bahama Mama or a Conch Cooler.

Help, somebody please come pick me up off the floor, I'm laughing so hard, I can't see because of the tears flowing out of my eyes, I can't breath, because of the laughter, and I'm so weak, I couldn't sit up, I am literally on the floor, NO JOKING, my neice and daughter are ready to call 911.

Sandy, you got me good with this one!!!!!

When I say I'm ROFLMBO, I really mean it this time!!!

OMG!!! This was just way too FUNNY!!!

All I can say is, "Help I've fallen, and I can't get up!!!"

Update to previous AP story:

Said suspects cape is red and black and appears to be warm and fuzzy. Suspect is thought to have been in contact with his cohort known only as "veranda boy". "Veranda Boy" is said to be armed with a dazzling smile and enjoys a breeze blowing through his hair. Approach suspects with caution: Merriment and fun may occur if you encounter them up close.

Originally posted by gometros
Port Canaveral, FL (AP) - Florida State Police and US Coast Guard are on the alert for a potential threat expected to hit the east coast of Florida on Saturday. Rumors of a man masquerading as a cruise ship captain have been circulating the internet for a few weeks now and authorities are concerned that this could be a possible terrorist threat or hijacking. Calling himself Captain Veranda, this mysterious stranger is subject to fits of uncontrollable glee and hysteria and has been known to commit random acts of kindness.

Sometime seen wearing nothing more than underpants, a cape and a fake captain's hat, Captain Veranda is a known shrimp thief and is suspected to have a partner, only known as "rae". His unusual name is attributed to a lifelong desire to occupy a stateroom with a balcony and seeks out cruise ships with only this type of accommodation. He is described as medium height, medium build, and dark hair and wears glasses. He is armed and has been caught challenging unsuspecting people to duels with pianos.

Police believe his target may be the Disney Magic, since he mistakenly believes he is the real captain. Authorities are concerned that once aboard the Magic, he will subject the 2,000 plus guests to excessive mirth and outrageous behavior. The Magic will be which sailing on Saturday with a seven-day itinerary with stops in St. Martin, St. Thomas and Disney's own island in the Bahamas. Once onboard the ship, local authorities will be helpless to stop this man. People who spot anyone matching this description are urged to contact the authorities immediately and are warned not to approach the suspect, unless armed with a Bahama Mama or a Conch Cooler.

ROTFLOLWTIME -

This is EXCELLENT -

I wonder if the crew will post back to us while Andy is on board;) and tell us how much fun he is having.

Have a great trip everyone - I'm under a month now (9/20)

This is most likely my last post.- time to pack the power strip.:D
Hope everyone has a safe trip down. We will see you tomorrow at the pool- I love the sound of that:Pinkbounc - or on the ship.
I can't believe it is here already!!!

one last word
GO SAUGUS AMERICAN ALL-STAR LITTLE LEAGUE TEAM.
BEST OF LUCK IN THE WORLD SERIES
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Sonya Francisco
Update to previous AP story:

Said suspects cape is red and black and appears to be warm and fuzzy. Suspect is thought to have been in contact with his cohort known only as "veranda boy". "Veranda Boy" is said to be armed with a dazzling smile and enjoys a breeze blowing through his hair. Approach suspects with caution: Merriment and fun may occur if you encounter them up close.

Boy, oh boy, there's no chance of hiding on this cruise, is there???

LOL!!!

"The Time Has Come to Say Good-Bye to My DISboard Family"

In just about 4 Hours my family will be gathering in two cars, and will be headed to the Atlantic City International Airport for our flight to Orlando.

M-I-C, see you real soon

K-E-Y, why, because we like you,

M-O-U-S-E.

Adios, Boys and Girls it's Mickey Time!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A GREAT, SAFE TRIP... stay out of Fabian's way this week. He's headed towards the Carribean & Florida area...

Originally posted by Jeanny
HAVE A GREAT, SAFE TRIP... stay out of Fabian's way this week. He's headed towards the Carribean & Florida area...

Jeanny,

I keep telling myself 7560, 7560, 7560, I sure hope I don't go to the wrong cabin, when I look for my room, LOL!!!

Originally posted by Verandah Man
Jeanny,

I keep telling myself 7560, 7560, 7560, I sure hope I don't go to the wrong cabin, when I look for my room, LOL!!!

LOL!!! Won't those cruisers be surprised when Captain Verandah shows up at their door! They'll think they're getting an upgrade with that special treatment!

Andy and the other Aug 23 Cruisers:

Have the BEST time ever!!! Have a safe and FUN time.....then come back and tell us all about it!!!!!!! :teeth:

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
Andy, are you doing this this morning?
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I had a GREAT night's sleep. Fell asleep about 10:30 last night and slept straight through until 5 this morning. I might have slept longer, but I woke up out of a sound sleep, hearing my mom call my name twice. I jumped up, ran to the front door, didn't see her, went to the answering machine, no message there. I know my mom had to work from 10pm last night until 6am this morning, she is a private duty nurse, and I had no way to reach her. I was just getting ready to try and call her at home, I thought she was coming to my house after work, but that was only if she had her bags packed and ready to go.

I'm on the phone with my mom right now, she is packing her suitcase now!!! All is well!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hey all you August 23rd Cruisers - have a MAGICal time!

May this be the best vacation you've had to date.

Can't wait for you all to come back and share your trip reports with us!

Enjoy!

Bye Andy, Hazel and Angelina - etc...

Godspeed!

and remember

FIDELIO ROCKS!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
Bye Andy, Hazel and Angelina - etc...

Godspeed!

and remember

FIDELIO ROCKS!

Rae

Time to start packing the car for our one hour trip to the airport.

Last one out, please turn out the lights and close the door, looking forward to meeting everyone either tonight at the Radisson, or Saturday on the MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One last good-bye to my DIS Family. Will be giving a full report upon our return!!!

Bye All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Bye Andy, Hazel, Angelina, Mom, Sis & Niece. Have a MAGICal time and safe journey.

We'll be here waiting for you!
Love & hugs to all

Trish,
Not sure, if you are still here, or on your way.
Water from the Drink Station on 9 was great, actually I had cabin water twice and it was fine.
Capybara's are where the Tree of Life are. Pretty cool too.
See you at the Radisson.
Lynn

Thanks Lynn,

We are still here.....car service coming any minute. See you soon!

Signing off for the last time ....

Trish:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter