August 23-30, 2003 "Welcome Home Fellow Cruisers--Trip Report Completed"

Ian - you scamp!!!!

But after all it's your thread about your cruise - so it's only fair that one of your group won!!

Congrats!!!!

Sorry to hear about your magnet - I know Andy will be sending you another one!!!

By the way, I had a great time talking with Andy this morning - guess my Verandah Man withdrawl is now officially over!

Rae

Not fair, he cheated, first he tries to steal my lava cake, then he plays games with our post count to be the 1,000th poster to this thread, Ian, you should be ashamed of yourself. Rae, I have named Ian the, "Warm Chocolate Lava Cake Thief" and I have a photo to prove it, but he will deny all accusations, believe me, I ate dinner and a few breakfast with this man, I know how he operates!!!

LOL!!!

Honestly though, Ian and his family are truly wonderful people, we enjoyed their company at dinner and onboard the ship!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Verandah Man
Not fair, he cheated, first he tries to steal my lava cake, then he plays games with our post count to be the 1,000th poster to this thread, Ian, you should be ashamed of yourself. Rae, I have named Ian the, "Warm Chocolate Lava Cake Thief" and I have a photo to prove it, but he will deny all accusations, believe me, I ate dinner and a few breakfast with this man, I know how he operates!!!

LOL!!!

Honestly though, Ian and his family are truly wonderful people, we enjoyed their company at dinner and onboard the ship!!!!!!!!!

Andy - as long as Ian stays away from OUR shrimp, I will let him have all my desserts. But if the man touches just one shrimp, then there will be WAR.

Rae

Thanks, Jeanny - I am so glad to have a backup!!!!

Rae

Hi Andy! It was great meeting you.
I know Lucy and I laid low this week, we were VERY busy. It is very difficult keeping three families together, along with 5 kids.

We had a great time and we are going back on 9/18/04, with a stop in Antigua instead of St Maarten.

Tricia, if you are out there, I am pretty sure I ran into you a few times, but I was too shy to say Hello, in case it wasn't you...at least with Andy I was sure it was him....couldn't mistake the Captain Verandah hat.
Anyway Tricia I was ahead of you for formal pics on tropical night, but too shy to say Hi.

Originally posted by DisneyNutMary
Hi Andy! It was great meeting you.
I know Lucy and I laid low this week, we were VERY busy. It is very difficult keeping three families together, along with 5 kids.

We had a great time and we are going back on 9/18/04, with a stop in Antigua instead of St Maarten.

Tricia, if you are out there, I am pretty sure I ran into you a few times, but I was too shy to say Hello, in case it wasn't you...at least with Andy I was sure it was him....couldn't mistake the Captain Verandah hat.
Anyway Tricia I was ahead of you for formal pics on tropical night, but too shy to say Hi.

Hi Mary,

It was great meeting you as well!!! If you are talking about
Tricia T, she won't be home until late on Monday.

I was having the same trouble with Travis (mostyn17), my DW and I really wanted to meet him, but he said he was to shy to come and and say hello at the terminal when he saw us, I was looking around to see if I could see him, but there was just too many people around. That's one reason I wore the captains hat in the terminal, I figured I would be easy to spot, and I wanted to make sure everyone got their cards and magnets.

We booked for next 8-21-04 with a stop at San Juan instead of St. Maarten.

Hi 8-23-03 Cruisers,

What a "MAGICal" week we spent together, it was great getting to know you and meeting you. My family had such a "BLAST" this past week.

I "WILL" be working on my TR, just trying to get motivated to start all the typing. I had over 300 e-mail messages to go through since arriving home late last night. I was up until 5:30 this morning, went to bed for a few hours, then got up and finished going through my messages.

Our DD is already spending the night at her friends house tonight, she was suffering from Trish withdrawal all week, and had already asked if Trish can come with us next summer. We booked the 8-21-04 Eastern, with a stop at San Juan, instead of St. Maarten.

In case some of you didn't get to see our decorated stateroom door, I am attaching a photo below. I did walk every deck the other day, and took photos of those stateroom doors that had their door magnets on them. I'm already thinking about what I can come up with for next summer's cruise!!!

I have a lot of work to get started on, so I had better get my tail in gear!!!

62August_23-30__2003_DCL_Cruise_photos_326-med.jpg

Andy - I think you need to find a way to have a job doing this rather than your regular job!!!!

So good to talk with you yesterday and still enjoying your stories!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
Andy - I think you need to find a way to have a job doing this rather than your regular job!!!!

So good to talk with you yesterday and still enjoying your stories!

Rae

I know Rae, I hear that comment quite a bit. I will have my 25 years in with the township come May '04, maybe early retirement is in order from the township, and find a part-time job doing what I love to do, create!!!

It was fun talking with you again, Sarah called us last night, and we spoke with her for about 2 hours. Disney cruising people are the "GREATEST" and most "MAGICal' friends anyone can have!!!

Andy - congrats - do you know what an accomplishment 25 years with the same anything is now a days?! Whether it be your job or a relationship!!!!
Wonderful! Yes, retire early and create!!!!

Rae

Andy,

It was great to meet you and your family. Thank you for the magnets!! I have to agree, you really need to utilize your creative talents.

Sorry to hear about your glasses. We saw the banana boaters and it looked like a pretty fun ride. Andy (abear) and I did the parasail and it was great!!

I can't wait to read your trip report!

Ginny

Originally posted by gdulaney
Andy,

It was great to meet you and your family. Thank you for the magnets!! I have to agree, you really need to utilize your creative talents.

Sorry to hear about your glasses. We saw the banana boaters and it looked like a pretty fun ride. Andy (abear) and I did the parasail and it was great!!

I can't wait to read your trip report!

Ginny

It was great meeting you and Andy as well, it was so nice bumping into people we knew, it made the cruuise so much more enjoyable. I have started my trip report, and I have also started posting it on my web page, here is a link for that, if you would like to go there and read it. I'm off to bed, it's back to work in the morning.

http://www.verandahman.com/2003magicaltripreport.htm

WOW Andy, great pictures... Angelina, AKA Sleeping Beauty, looked like an official teenager on Formal night.

LOOK, I'M UP TO 1000 POSTS... WHHHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

Originally posted by Jeanny
WOW Andy, great pictures... Angelina, AKA Sleeping Beauty, looked like an official teenager on Formal night.

LOOK, I'M UP TO 1000 POSTS... WHHHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

Congrats on the 1000th post!!!

It's starting to get scary as a father, my baby girl is really growing up!!!!!!!!!

Hi Andy! I just checked out your web site. It's great! The trip report is wonderful. You and your family look so happy. I'm so glad you had such a "Magic"al cruise. It sounds like DCL treated you well, good thing too. I think the DIS'ers would have caused a riot if it had been otherwise!

The more I read, the more I am convinced that Disney has to be the best entertainment company around.

Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Ursula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter