August 2017

Thanks to this board I was able to get an awesome Labor Day deal for BC CL to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday.Yay! So excited.

Hello all! Haven't been on here for awhile. Thanks for the info on the discounts. !!

Last edited:
Our heavily discounted Poly vacation isn't discounted enough for us to do that and replace our busted car... So I'll be joining you all in the August 2018 thread when it pops up. Feeling pretty bummed, but I guess this gives us more time to save for next year. Y'all have a great time, and pour one out for us! :drinking1 :sad:

Our heavily discounted Poly vacation isn't discounted enough for us to do that and replace our busted car... So I'll be joining you all in the August 2018 thread when it pops up. Feeling pretty bummed, but I guess this gives us more time to save for next year. Y'all have a great time, and pour one out for us! :drinking1 :sad:

Oh no! It really stinks when you're looking forward to a vacation and then have to be an adult when the unexpected throws you a curve ball (been there, done that).

All I can say is WOW. My upcoming honeymoon is August 27th - September 4th. I sent in a quote for the TA that everyone is talking about. I think his name is voldemort? Not sure. If you are booking for this Aug/Sep and stay deluxe you need to go go go! This deal is amazing! They quoted me Animal Kingdom Lodge for $1,258 cheaper than Disney Website. Again, wow. Same room, tickets, etc. We are pushing it as it is with staying at all star movies. Now it is time to crunch some numbers and reading reviews of AKL. If it is worth $700 more than my current resort then I may just have to refund/re book! Thoughts?
less than $100/nt more for AKL? Yes, for sure. Honeymoon? Absolutely!!! Pop is fun but non-stop (noise, crowds), and I have kids so not a big deal - I like it there, but there's no comparison between Pop and AKL - its like you are on a different vacation. Without kids? No way would I pass up AKL - much more relaxing. Its a beautiful resort with many really nice table service restaurants (none at Pop).

ETA unless, of course, that $700 would cause financial hardships. I guess everyone has difference priorities - I'd take the beautiful and calmer ambience of AKL and eat suitcase food (e.g., power bars from home (I've totally done this)) than go to Pop and eat TS and CS.

Last edited:
... decided to check the TA out. I'm actually excited (and a little nervous) because we were able to get the GF 4 nights 5 days (due to work restrictions) at the amazing price of $214.24 per night (before tickets) ....

NOW...I would *LOVE* to hear good things about going this route (as in via a TA instead of direct) as I mentioned earlier that I usually go direct and am SUPER hopeful that this is simply a great deal and not some crazy scheme.

:-)
No worries (assuming we're talking about the same TA) - I've booked with them before - no problems. Link your confirmation number to MDE, and you'll see the reservation. (Then go to the magicband personalization section, and change the address: all TA booked reservations have the TA's address there by default. Go and change it to yours, even if you don't bother with the text/color of each band now).

FYI GF isn't $214 this summer through the TA (its more, but still a great discount). (Your tix were also discounted, so figuring out your room only is tricky.)

Last edited:
The room only discount at the Deluxe properties is a much bigger savings than free dining.
We booked free dining at POR (booked 8/16 as bounceback, for 8/17). Canceled once I booked the deluxe deal. Did the same thing the 2 prior years too! We never eat all the food anyway, and rack at POR (garden, can't do standard for free dining) is the same price I'm paying for BC. I don't need the tickets so for me its cheaper to not do free dining (we wouldn't eat the cost of the tickets).

By the way, just called Disney, a deal for tickets is coming out tomorrow (not a vacation package / room discount). The rep said she thinks the summer deal is coming out in "a few weeks" o_O

By the way, just called Disney, a deal for tickets is coming out tomorrow (not a vacation package / room discount). The rep said she thinks the summer deal is coming out in "a few weeks" o_O
Thanks for sharing! So when we see it, we call & they apply it to a previously placed reservation?

Thanks for sharing! So when we see it, we call & they apply it to a previously placed reservation?

That i'm not sure about, I would call them to check , the deal is posted under tickets. The only thing I don't like is that for each of the four days, you can only go to each park once;

Theme Park Tickets*
Theme park tickets provide admission to one theme park per day for each day of your ticket. Take advantage of our Park Hopper Option for same-day admission to all 4 of our theme parks—Magic Kingdom park, Epcot, Disney's Animal Kingdom park and Disney's Hollywood Studios—on each day of your ticket.

It would save me 500 on tickets but since we like to go to Epcot and MK a few times on our trip, I'm going to pass on this.

That i'm not sure about, I would call them to check , the deal is posted under tickets. The only thing I don't like is that for each of the four days, you can only go to each park once;

Theme Park Tickets*
Theme park tickets provide admission to one theme park per day for each day of your ticket. Take advantage of our Park Hopper Option for same-day admission to all 4 of our theme parks—Magic Kingdom park, Epcot, Disney's Animal Kingdom park and Disney's Hollywood Studios—on each day of your ticket.

It would save me 500 on tickets but since we like to go to Epcot and MK a few times on our trip, I'm going to pass on this.
Thanks! I'm waiting and hoping a room discount will pop up!

I just stumbled on this thread, already booked for Aug 20 to Sept 3, but super interested in the deluxe discounts mentioned here. I'll PM

No worries (assuming we're talking about the same TA) - I've booked with them before - no problems. Link your confirmation number to MDE, and you'll see the reservation. (Then go to the magicband personalization section, and change the address: all TA booked reservations have the TA's address there by default. Go and change it to yours, even if you don't bother with the text/color of each band now).

FYI GF isn't $214 this summer through the TA (its more, but still a great discount). (Your tix were also discounted, so figuring out your room only is tricky.)

Hey there Amanda999...You are TOTALLY correct! My original room package for 4 nights was $226.22 per night so I was really only off by $7.00!!! For my current package at the Grand Floridian for 5 nights, I would have been off by $19 per night as I am paying the amazing price of $237.67 per night for the Grand Floridian...BUT I did add an additional night and am SO happy I did! At that price even if WDW gave a 35% discount it STILL wouldn't match my current discount AND include a park hopper w/a water park day. My figures simply back out the price of the ticket ($1362.08/4 days w/ph) as a majority of individuals would normally pay full price tickets when reserving through WDW (unless they run a ticket only special and individuals purchase everything separately...which to my thinking WDW would still not really be discounting them as no matter how I run their packages they are all the same final pricing or very close). SO...the final cost (no discount) for 5 nights at the GF with PH tx would be $4,708.98...compared to MY package total cost for 5 nights at GF with PH tx AND 1 free waterpark day is $2,550.45...A DEAL AND A STEAL if you ask me!!! Even IF WDW came out with a 35% Discount on room only packages, it still wouldn't reach my package price point. Not to mention that WDW does not stack their codes, they simply allow room only packages to add dining and park tickets...none of these figures include dining or free dining (which I have done also).

I have already begun to purchase Disney Gift Cards for purchases and meals (as we are used to the DlxDP and cannot add it to this particular package)...that is how I will pay for our meals.

I hope that my original post was not misleading to anyone in any way. :-)

Why are you not able to get a meal plan? I ask because I'm working with same group and they offered it to me. Just not at a discount

I'm planning a trip for 8/5-8/13. If the discounts y'all are receiving would apply to this time frame, could someone shoot me a pm of the info? I'd appreciate it!!

I am disappointed because I want to go for 8 days and have to be home by week of 8/20. (I am targeting 8/11 or 12 to 8/20) These great deals don't start until the 15th and they don't have anything in August other than the very first week which doesn't work for us :/ tick tock . . . .waiting very impatiently for the AP deals to come out and hoping they will be good! I am worried that Pandora opening will bring traffic and reduce discounts....hoping not!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter