August 2017

Why are you not able to get a meal plan? I ask because I'm working with same group and they offered it to me. Just not at a discount

The travel agent exclusive discounts do not allow adding the dining plan. It isn't a big deal though since the dining plan usually costs more money than out of pocket.

Hey there Amanda999...You are TOTALLY correct! My original room package for 4 nights was $226.22 per night so I was really only off by $7.00!!! For my current package at the Grand Floridian for 5 nights, I would have been off by $19 per night as I am paying the amazing price of $237.67 per night for the Grand Floridian...BUT I did add an additional night and am SO happy I did! At that price even if WDW gave a 35% discount it STILL wouldn't match my current discount AND include a park hopper w/a water park day. My figures simply back out the price of the ticket ($1362.08/4 days w/ph) as a majority of individuals would normally pay full price tickets when reserving through WDW (unless they run a ticket only special and individuals purchase everything separately...which to my thinking WDW would still not really be discounting them as no matter how I run their packages they are all the same final pricing or very close). SO...the final cost (no discount) for 5 nights at the GF with PH tx would be $4,708.98...compared to MY package total cost for 5 nights at GF with PH tx AND 1 free waterpark day is $2,550.45...A DEAL AND A STEAL if you ask me!!! Even IF WDW came out with a 35% Discount on room only packages, it still wouldn't reach my package price point. Not to mention that WDW does not stack their codes, they simply allow room only packages to add dining and park tickets...none of these figures include dining or free dining (which I have done also).

I just priced my deal again today. 4 adults, 5 night Garden View at GF, 5 day park hopper (without water park extra) is $5388.82. I am paying $3126! 5 Day park hopper with water park extra is $1959. That means I'm paying $251/night!
I am so excited to be staying at the GF! We usually stay at the Poly (it wasn't available for this deal) but that's ok. Excited to try something new!

I so wanted the GF for my trip of 7 nights 8/6-13. It wasn't available so I booked Poly CL So my 7 night CL with park hopper for 4 adults was $7,395 on Disney and my cost thru the TA that also includes the waterpark day which isn't included with Disney is $5409. So I'm happy with my $2k savings even though they aren;t as big as the end of August ones!

I have linked my confirmation with My Disney Experience and I have also received an email from Disney Signature Services!

The travel agent exclusive discounts do not allow adding the dining plan. It isn't a big deal though since the dining plan usually costs more money than out of pocket.
Sometimes you can add the dining plan with the agency exclusive deals. I have one booked for June, and I can add the dining plan if I want to. It just depends on the terms of each individual deal.

Sometimes you can add the dining plan with the agency exclusive deals. I have one booked for June, and I can add the dining plan if I want to. It just depends on the terms of each individual deal.

I still don't understand why Disney wouldn't let people add the dining plan. The dining plan is generally a terrible deal for the visitors and a great way for Disney to boost revenue.

To those of you who have booked with the agency/deal that's been discussed - I just did as well, and when I linked my reservation on MDE, it isn't listing my res as MYW. It just says my hotel, the dates, and our names. And then under tickets it lists it as: 8 day ticket w PH, WP. Is it showing up differently for the rest of you?

Last edited:
So my TA must suck I asked about room only rates for Poly and Contemp and she said no deals are going on right now. Currently booked st CBR 8/28 - 9/2. I would drop her but we have our cruise also with her.
I'm still deciding on free dining or not, but seeing how there is 4 adult prices and 1 kid price I'm thinking that's prob the way to go.
I just need all the deals to come out and MNSSHP tickets to go on sale and River of light package to open up also so I can finish planning this trip

So my TA must suck I asked about room only rates for Poly and Contemp and she said no deals are going on right now. Currently booked st CBR 8/28 - 9/2. I would drop her but we have our cruise also with her.
I'm still deciding on free dining or not, but seeing how there is 4 adult prices and 1 kid price I'm thinking that's prob the way to go.
I just need all the deals to come out and MNSSHP tickets to go on sale and River of light package to open up also so I can finish planning this trip

Yes you need to switch your TA. There is only one TA that is offering huge discounts on the Poly during that time period. If you use any other TA you will pay much higher room rates.

To those of you who have booked with the agency/deal that's been discussed - I just did as well, and when I linked my reservation on MDE, it isn't listing my res as MYW. It just says my hotel, the dates, and our names. And then under tickets it lists it as: 8 day ticket w PH, WP. Is it showing up differently for the rest of you?

That's the same way its showing for me too.

The deals are only with 1 specific travel agency... Book with them if you want the deal

I'm greatful I found this thread ! I booked the delux room only at AKL and based on the rate listed on the Disney site and what I'm paying I've saved about 43% :yay::thanks:

Really awesome isn't it!? I was amazed at the amount of a discount this TA is giving. You always hear about how no one can give a discount for Disney resorts... well yeah right. This rocks! I am using the gift card method too to save even more off the total trip. Literally saving over $1,000!!!
:cool1:

Summer discounts posted on Disney website. I just rebooked my room at POR and saved $150. Of course BCV isn't available for the deal.

So glad I booked with TA! My original reservation was for the BC full price- the summer discount is not available for that. My original plan was to book and hope for a discount.
Wahoo!!!

Do you think they will be releasing summer passholder deals soon? I'm worried about booking a room now and then those discounts come out later....

Summer discounts out that include all of August! Not huge deals, but I saved $600 on my POR trip August 5-12. Still waiting and hoping for AP discounts.

I was on the fence about keeping my TA reservation at the BC if Free Dining came out (with an 11 y/o FD is a good deal for my family, and the only way we will do the DDP), but We're MUCH better off with the TA than what Disney is currently offering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter