August 2012 code watch

Subbing. I am booked for August 2012 already, booked a BB with FD when I was there last week. I am just watching to see what else comes along for this time frame. Right now I am booked at BC for 8/21-8/28/12 but may move it back by a few days.

For the PP who asked about the crowd levels in August compared to September, late August is pretty good and September is great. You will find it more crowded, but not as bad as June or July. I also thought that this year (I was there 8/21/10-8/27/10 and 8/24/11-8/30/11) was much more crowded than last year. I don't know if more people booked FD or if it had to do with the storm, but I though the parks were a lot fuller this year.

All in all though, if you need to go in the summer (we do) late August is probably the best time. We are looking at our 3rd August in a row.

Can someone PLEASE tell me, or give me an idea, of when the August 2012 discount is coming? I check everyday, hoping. I can't stand it...I live in WA state - I NEED my WDW DISNEY fix!! I am thankful I am making it to DL this year BUT I need to get my next WDW trip booked. I am just waiting for free dining!!

For all of you with young kids, who can take a break from elementary school for a vacation, be thankful. My son is in middle school and he sooo wants to go to WDW BUT he doesn't want to ruin his GPA. I am trying to respect that by planning a 2012 vacation in August but it is soooo hard! Happy September to all!!

I had called to switch my reservation from Poly to POFQ because it was a $2000 savings at this point without any discounts. The CM asked me why I was switching and I told her due to price, but if a discount came out I might switch back. She said "well keep checking around April or May for August discounts." I know that's a lot later than usual so I don't believe it. But who knows. And I keep checking daily too.

Can someone PLEASE tell me, or give me an idea, of when the August 2012 discount is coming? I check everyday, hoping. I can't stand it...I live in WA state - I NEED my WDW DISNEY fix!! I am thankful I am making it to DL this year BUT I need to get my next WDW trip booked. I am just waiting for free dining!!

For all of you with young kids, who can take a break from elementary school for a vacation, be thankful. My son is in middle school and he sooo wants to go to WDW BUT he doesn't want to ruin his GPA. I am trying to respect that by planning a 2012 vacation in August but it is soooo hard! Happy September to all!!

We are in the same boat. I initially wanted to go next November to see the parks decorated for Christmas but my oldest is an 8th grader in all honors classes and did not want to miss a week of school and have to struggle to catch up. We are planning an August trip for this reason as well. :)

I am going early August as me older DGD will start her senior year and her last season of soccer, so...I am praying for a major pin code..

Another teacher looking to get in a trip before school starts. We will get back about 2 days before teacher workdays start, but since the rates for Art of Animation drop as of 8/5, that is why we are arriving on that day.

I would be super-thrilled if any discounts come up and my AAA contact said we could go back and apply them if necessary.

Any other teachers have NEA and hoping to hit a discount that way?

Oh you silly people...Don't you know how long it is until August 2012?! Why would you plan so far ahead?!

In other words...You're my kind of people! Make space in the waiting room for me!

Counting the days until we return to our Happy Place :mickeyjum People laugh at me because I am planning and counting down all ready :confused3 I don't care I LOVE DISNEY!!

Count me in! :banana:We are planning on a mid to late August trip. For all of those who have booked their rooms already, are you able to get your plane tickets yet? Do you book the room first, and shop airfare later? Are you willing to change your dates depending on the air cost? My DH always says get the plane tickets first, because it is such a big expense for us. TIA

Count me in! :banana:We are planning on a mid to late August trip. For all of those who have booked their rooms already, are you able to get your plane tickets yet? Do you book the room first, and shop airfare later? Are you willing to change your dates depending on the air cost? My DH always says get the plane tickets first, because it is such a big expense for us. TIA

I've been looking, just to see where airfares are.

We booked our rooms when the 2012 rates opened up in July. We'll probably book airfare somewhere around New Years... sometimes I always seem to find my price that week.

Right now, the best I've seen is $217 round trip from JFK-- but that's on Delta, so you have to add in the $25 fee for a checked bag. Not looking so attractive anymore.

We're both teachers, so we have the flexibility to fly midweek over the summer-- that helps a bit.

You can add me to the anxiously waiting list too.

We are currently booked august 12-22 at AOA the 11k price tag means get a discount, cancel or pay it. I'm going with choice #1. I am also waiting for OKW to open booking so we can switch to a 2 bedroom villa.

Count me in we are booked for 8/26-9/2 :cool1: at CBR and we got the free dining through the Canadian/Disney mess up....yes I already called and they are honoring it :yay:. Now lets hope the flights are reasonable

Southwest and Jet Blue haven't released their fares for August yet (from Boston).

We are driving, so we just have to hope gas prices aren't too horrible.

Have our trip already booked for August 8-16 at POR royal suite:wizard: Hoping for for a discount:surfweb:

I haven't booked anything, but I saved a couple of offers on WDW.com in hopes of triggering a pin. IT WORKED! sort of Yep, got a pin for DisneyLAND in my email the next day. :rolleyes:

Don't drive yourself too crazy. We typically go in mid August because of the whole school issue, as well. We got free dining when we went last year and our trip started on the 15th which was the first day of FD, also when the value rates started. The reason I say don't get crazy yet, is because as another poster said, they did not release that until either the last week of April or the first week of May. I am a Disney Visa card holder, so we were offered the rate about 3 days before the general public.

We are going then too, also looking for FD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter