At Aulani Now & It’s Amazing

Drewski77

Mouseketeer
We debated coming out till the very last second and made the choice to make the trip…and couldn’t be happier!

We are fully vaccinated and taking all precautions, and the crowd levels are really low and our ocean view room is just what we asked for on the highest floor of the EWA tower.

No judgment to anyone not feeling safe making the trip, but for us this is just what we needed!

I just returned from an overnight staycation! I was looking up at Ewa tower with someone standing out on the balcony at the top thinking what an amazing view- people up there must be loving it! :) <We have a nice view from our house so I can appreciate the beauty too!> That's pretty cool thinking it might have been you @Drewski77. I'm still thinking about going back again tonight for one last hot tub!

We were talking to DVC guide for awhile today. He said starting today, they are handing out special wristbands for people being tested and others for vaccinations. This will help you get into the restaurants tomorrow, which by the way are changing into Guests only, no local traffic. It's across from the gift shop (or maybe it was the DVC room) near the lobby.

Last edited:
We love Aulani. We were just there in May/June. I am saving my DVC points to be able to go in a couple of years again. The whole Island is amazingly beautiful. I live in the midwest and am surrounded by farm fields so being in the middle of a tropical paradise is good for my soul.

I just returned from an overnight staycation! I was looking up at Ewa tower with someone standing out on the balcony at the top thinking what an amazing view- people up there must be loving it! :) <We have a nice view from our house so I can appreciate the beauty too!> That's pretty cool thinking it might have been you @Drewski77. I'm still thinking about going back again tonight for one last hot tub!

We were talking to DVC guide for awhile today. He said starting today, they are handing out special wristbands for people being tested and others for vaccinations. This will help you get into the restaurants tomorrow, which by the way are changing into Guests only, no local traffic. It's across from the gift shop (or maybe it was the DVC room) near the lobby.
can you explain what you mean about the wristbands for people being tested and others for vaccinations? maybe i'm not up to speed but want to learn more about what you are describing. thanks.

We debated coming out till the very last second and made the choice to make the trip…and couldn’t be happier!

We are fully vaccinated and taking all precautions, and the crowd levels are really low and our ocean view room is just what we asked for on the highest floor of the EWA tower.

No judgment to anyone not feeling safe making the trip, but for us this is just what we needed!
Good for you! Have the best time!

can you explain what you mean about the wristbands for people being tested and others for vaccinations? maybe i'm not up to speed but want to learn more about what you are describing. thanks.

I saw someone post that if you have been vaccinated, they give you a black wristband, like the pool ones, to indicate that you showed your vaccination card so they don't have to check it all the time.

I saw someone post that if you have been vaccinated, they give you a black wristband, like the pool ones, to indicate that you showed your vaccination card so they don't have to check it all the time.
why do they check it all the time? like for eating to enter a dining area? you have different privileges if you are vs. not?

why do they check it all the time? like for eating to enter a dining area? you have different privileges if you are vs. not?

Here now:

You need to show your vaccine card to get the black wristband. If you do not have the black wristband then you can’t eat at the restaurants at Aulani, or do any takeout of food from Aulani restaurants, or order food from the poolside servers.

The wristband makes it much easier on the restaurants and servers, I like it better as well because I don’t need to constantly pull out my vaccine card.

With that said, if you aren’t vaccinated I don’t think it’s worth the trip out as all of Oahu is requiring proof of vaccine for most things.

Yes to what was said about about vax band.

Plus there are 48 hr negative test requirements if you prefer to do it that way instead so different color wristbands that tell the day your test is valid. I believe they are “wavy”.
I did go soak in 3 different hot tubs late last night and picked up a super cute lunch container I had been debating about all weekend.

Does all of this apply to those under 12 years old? My husband and I are vaccinated, but wondering how all of this will work with our littles.

Finishing another day in paradise as we had our choice of the best pool chairs all day. Very low crowd levels.

Last night we ate at Monkey Pod and were seated right away for the first time…and tonight is Mina’s at the Four Seasons.

I hate the reason for the low crowds, and certainly would change it if I could…with that said though, I doubt we’ll ever have it so nice at Aulani again.

Here now as well and while the resort seemed busy over the weekend, yesterday and today it has been quite empty. We were in Waikiki yesterday and restaurants there required you to show 1) physical vaccine card, 2) photo of vaccine card + photo ID, or 3) Safe Travels QR code + photo ID. As others have mentioned Aulani is doing black wristbands to verify vaccination status. They have also limited all quick service locations to resort guests only,

Had a gorgeous day at our favorite cabana (#5) and heading to Roy’s for dinner!

Here now as well and while the resort seemed busy over the weekend, yesterday and today it has been quite empty. We were in Waikiki yesterday and restaurants there required you to show 1) physical vaccine card, 2) photo of vaccine card + photo ID, or 3) Safe Travels QR code + photo ID. As others have mentioned Aulani is doing black wristbands to verify vaccination status. They have also limited all quick service locations to resort guests only,

Had a gorgeous day at our favorite cabana (#5) and heading to Roy’s for dinner!
Did you notice what they were doing for kids under 12? Same black wristband? Different color wristband? Do they need proof of age?

i am wondering the same thing. So the safe travels QR code is no longer valid for the length of stay? I have to test my child every 48 hours? Am I understanding that correctly?
Two different things.

Safe Travels Hawaii gets you into the state via vaccination OR testing OR a 10-day quarantine. Kids under 5 are exempt, but unvaccinated kids 5 and older must test or quarantine.

Safe Access Oahu relates to restaurants, museums, and other businesses. Kids under 12 are exempt from this entirely.

Two different things.

Safe Travels Hawaii gets you into the state via vaccination OR testing OR a 10-day quarantine. Kids under 5 are exempt, but unvaccinated kids 5 and older must test or quarantine.

Safe Access Oahu relates to restaurants, museums, and other businesses. Kids under 12 are exempt from this entirely.
Thank you for the clarification. My daughter just turned 12 but won’t have both doses by the time we go. So will she need to test every 2 days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!