Around the World in 7 Days. Day 4 - MGM

E.Jane

Mouseketeer
Today is the day fatigue started to set in! It wasn't an early entry day, so we got to sleep in a little later. Still, we were at MGM by 8:50, and waiting for the rope drop and walk to ToT. This is our favorite ride, and we couldn't wait to get there! Unfortunately, our oldest son won't try it, so he had to sit it out and wait for us. I think I preferred the sequence of drops on our last visit - back then, we had 3 full drops. This time, it's more like 5 but they're much shorter drops. REgardless, is was still fun!

We headed then to R&R coaster. Both kids opted not to ride, so Kev and I were on our own. I briefly wondered if it was smart to leave the kids on their own - what if we both had heart attacks?! Thankfully, that didn't happen! I'm not sure anything could have prepared us for that start - it's so intense. My stomach was left back at the start somewhere! By now, the weather had turned wet and cold, and we were all dressed in shorts and t-shirts. I picked up a sweatshirt, but the kids refuse to wear anything other than basic black, so they shivered quietly. As our oldest had sat out 2 rides in a row, we let him pick the next one. We headed over to Star Tours, and again, no waiting in line. After R&R coaster, there was nothing to this attraction! And then this is where the fatigue set in. The kids argued about what to do next, and just couldn't agree on anything. So Kevin announced that was it, time to leave. We literally left the park and went back to the hotel, without saying a word. When we got to the room, we all changed, and had a "talk" about the need to work things out and compromise on everyone's part. It sunk in! We ate lunch at the hotel, then headed back to MGM. I think I know these parking lots inimately now!

We took in Indiana Jones, Catastrophe Canyon and Sounds Dangerous (which I really enjoyed). We had reservations for Hollywood & Vine for the Fantasmic dinner package. The food was good, but I didn't care for the atmosphere. Total was about $80, including tip. We had time to ride ToT and R&R coaster again before the show.

I was really looking forward to Fantasmic, and if it wasn't for the cold, I would have enjoyed it more. It's hard to relax when you're shivering half to death! I felt so bad for the girl playing Ariel - she must have been frozen!

We got back to the resort and the kids spent some time in the arcade. I just hate paying for those things but it kept them happy for a while. Oh - I forgot to mention - yesterday we also rented a couple of water mice. The kids loved them, although they thought they were a little slow. No complaints from me on that score!

Another early night - after all, we have 3 more days of touring to do!

Jane

LOL its funny what parents think of when leaving their kids alone. I'm glad you survived your RNR experience.

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter