ARGHH! Can't decide POR vs. CSR

moopdog

Dreaming of Disney....
I thought it was the one thing I had settled on: POR. Then I ran into a friend of mine who has stayed at POR and CSR and said she MUCH preferred CSR. Said it was a little "cushier" more for the kids to do, nicer layout, etc.

I've never stayed at either one, and we'll be in WDW this Feb. I am looking for opinions from those who've stayed at both, if possible. It will be Me, DH and my kids who will be 12 and 10.

By the way, one thing I was interested in doing at POR was fishing...is that available at CSR and which pool is better/nicer? And.... are my kids too old to appreciate the Dig Site (not exactly sure what it is??).

Thanks in advance. I plan to make up my mind by tonight!!:lmao:

I've stayed at both. My personal choice would be to stay at POR. CSR is very nice, but the layout makes it seem as if it is twice the size of POR - which it isn't. CSR is a conference resort, and, although it is newer, doesn't have the same magic feel, to me, that POR has. POR has the boat to DTD and the grounds are just beautiful. Plus, CSR is the farther away from MK than POR.

The pool at CSR is much bigger, but POR has quiet pools as well. And, POR's food court is much nicer, imho. Finally, the walk over to POFQ is less than 1/2 mile and I did that every morning to get beignets and coffee.

Tom

We prefer CSR to POR. I like both but I think the food options at CSR are better and my kids prefer the CSR pool

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I loved POR and did not care for CSR. My grandkids also had a blast there, be sure to go see JeeHa Bob, bike rentals, carriage rides and they have a great pool.

I like both resorts, but I like that POR has a normal food court. The Pepper Market at CSR is a buffet by day, a weird combo of sit down/quick serve by night. The food was good, it is just an odd set up.

CSR doesn't have fishing, so maybe that makes your choice for you right there!

POR and CSR are our favorite Mod resorts, but I have to desagee with your friends statement that CSR has more for the kids to do. We rank POR higher mainly because it has more family activities than CSR. At CSR we like the fact that the dig site(kids play area), arcade and main pool are all in the same area but POR has surrey bike rentals, searacer boat rentals, pole fishing and of course Yeehaa Bob for some family fun entertainment. We prefer POR FC over the Pepper Mill at CSR and DD liked both pools.

We've stayed a POR and thoroughly enjoyed it. It has a more 'intimate' feel and the grounds are beautiful. The boat to DTD is definitely one of the highlights. Thought the pool itself on the more basic side for the moderates. Our next trip we're trying CSR so looking forward to that!

For our family, I would choose POR right now but if my children were older, like yours, I would choose CSR. The pool at CSR is large, deeper, and has a quick, long slide. As far as family activities, we don't pay much attention to all of that but they were playing beach volleyball and roasting marshmallows by the digits pool when we were there.

Personally, we loved the food options at CSR. I really liked the pepper mill. One things hate about food courts is getting my food and standing in the LNG line to check out and then my food is cold. Pepper mill has Mexican food options but also the normal food court items and you pay after you eat. There is also wait staff that refills your drinks, cleans up the tables, brings any condiments, etc. there is a separate quick service area as well and we liked the TS restaurant a lot.

I think either resort is great and no matter what you choose, you will love it. Perhaps look on you tube at videos of both and see which fits your family better.

We haven't stayed at POR, but I hear good things about it. We have stayed at CSR several times, and my kids (13 and 10) love the Dig Site pool and slide. DD13 ranks the CSR pool second only to Stormalong Bay at Beach Club and better than Poly, Boardwalk, AKL and OKW.

The rooms at CSR are very nice with very comfortable beds. I especially like the sliding wooden doors at the vanity area - I was able to get up and get ready (turn on the light, shower, and blow dry my hair) without waking the kids or DH. Bus service at CSR is generally very good. The Pepper Market is a great deal if you are on the DDP - breakfast and lunch are buffets, but they are only one quick service credit. Dinner is a la carte. Prices are higher than the POR food court, so you would likely pay less to eat at POR if you are paying out of pocket. CSR also has Cafe Rix (small grab-n-go with some hot items) open breakfast, lunch and dinner, Siesta's at the pool open for lunch and dinner, and Laguna Bar (outside with tables - family-friendly) for lunch and dinner.

POR has the boat to DTD, which opens up more dining options. CSR has a bus to DTD, but it doesn't run that often (maybe every 30 minutes?).

The Dig Site refers to the main CSR pool, the kiddie pool, the hot tub, playground, and arcade - they are all in the same area.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice - they are just different.

I thought it was the one thing I had settled on: POR. Then I ran into a friend of mine who has stayed at POR and CSR and said she MUCH preferred CSR. Said it was a little "cushier" more for the kids to do, nicer layout, etc.

I've never stayed at either one, and we'll be in WDW this Feb. I am looking for opinions from those who've stayed at both, if possible. It will be Me, DH and my kids who will be 12 and 10.

By the way, one thing I was interested in doing at POR was fishing...is that available at CSR and which pool is better/nicer? And.... are my kids too old to appreciate the Dig Site (not exactly sure what it is??).

Thanks in advance. I plan to make up my mind by tonight!!:lmao:

Nobody is!! :thumbsup2 The Dig Site is the pool/play area. It's awesome!

The main pool with 162 (?) foot water slide, the arcade, the sand volleyball court, the huge spa/hot tub, the playground, the food (Siestas) and bar, etc. is all right there!

IMGP0527 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0523 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0509 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7093 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7098 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0501 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0497 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0561 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0563 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0500 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0454 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Love all these pics! Not sure if we will enjoy it in December but it will be nicer than Michigan for sure!:yay:

POR is more peaceful. CSR is a conference resort. Your experience there depends on which conference is scheduled that week. We wanted to use the hot tub at CSR in the evenings, but it was overtaken by tons of young business people. We didn't stand a chance of getting in it.

POR is very clean, the grounds are beautiful, it has a GREAT food court, it has a great store, & it has wonderfully friendly & helpful people who work throughout the resort.

I cannot imagine being unhappy at POR. Try it! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter