Are you staying home this Memorial Day weekend?

Are you staying home this Memorial Day weekend?

• Yes.

• Yes, but not because of gas prices.

• No.

• No, but we're not going far.

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
Are you staying home this holiday weekend or are you taking a short vaca? Have gas prices impacted how/where you spend the weekend?

It is because of gas. We usually head up north, but with gas prices $4.20, we'll be parking the cars and grilling. Always good to clean up the yard and garage.

Yes I'm staying home but not because of gas prices.
I leave for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Wed morning :cool1:

Yes, but not because of gas. I don't like to travel on holiday weekends, when everyone else does. I love the peace and quiet of my hometown. We will do more 'traditional' things like work on the house, plant flowers, and my new lilac bush! We will travel to Boston on Sunday to see my son run in a half-marathon. It will be deserted, which I love. Then a cookout on Monday after watching a Memorial Day Ceremony in the park behind our house. I always cry when they put flowers around the trees, which represent a fallen soldier from our hometown. Yes, I am staying home this weekend. :)

I'm staying home with the kids this weekend so DH can get together with his college buds for BBQ. He hasn't seen them in about 10yrs.

Then *next* weekend I'm leaving for a 12-day trip to Washington without hubby OR the kids! :banana:

We are but it has nothing to do with gas prices. We never travel on any major holidays. We prefer to vacation without the crowds so we always travel in the "off season". That's why we avoid summer vacations and travel in spring and fall instead.

We are staying home this weekend because we have travel plans in a few weeks, and I have a few hours of work to do. :) This is not fuel related.

Yes. I am still under the weather and we just plan to stay home and do a bunch of nothing.

Yes...and because of gas prices ($4.15 today..for regular). :scared1: We have a seasonal campsite near Saratoga Springs NY. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive and we aren't going to do it this weekend. We were there last weekend, and figure it's just to expensive to go again. We are trying to make our trips with the car and not the truck. Although we will have to use the truck for the next trip..have quite a few things to transport. So that ought to break the bank. Holiday weekends are generally more crowded and not as enjoyable for us. Being seasonal we have the option to be there anytime between May 1st to October 15th..so we figure why fight the crowds and deal with the gas at the same time. My two older kids are going to Fla. or Tues, and I could use the time catching up on laundry and helping them pack. Will go to my moms for a BBQ on Sunday. She is about 20 miles..so some driving, but mostly what we would normally do on any weekend.

We haven't traveled on Memorial Day weekend in years, not since our boys were involved in sailing. We'd much rather spend it at home relaxing than fighting the crowds somewhere.

We were talking about this today at work. If you go 200 miles (one way) and your car gets 20mpg on the highway, the weekend trip will cost you an extra $16. (gas has gone up an average of .80 in the last month).

If $16 is stopping you from taking a planned vacation, you have a lot more to worry about than vacations.

I have never traveled on this weekend. Mostly because I grew up on the Cape so where was I going to go!! It was the summer kickoff there!

Now we don't really have any place to go. DH loves a long weekend at home and would prefer to just kick back. Memorial Day is always around his birthday, the 26th, so we usually do what he wants. For a long time DH would do a golf weekend starting this past Wednesday through the weekend in Myrtle Beach with three buddies but since moving to Florida he hasn't. Last year they did the 'weekend' the first week in June but in Orlando.

Nope we are staying put. Might go to the beach on Sunday!! :banana:

When we use the truck..which we use to tow our camper..we are lucky if we get 12 miles to the gallon. At $4.15 a gallon..that adds up. I put thirty dollars in and got less than a quarter of a tank today. It's at least a tank for the trip up...and then a little over half for the trip back..need gas while your there too. It adds up pretty quick. No more short weekend trips. We will travel to our site when we are able to stay longer. No up on Fri. night and back on Sunday. The gas increase is effecting the camping/Rv industry in a big way. Which in turn also effects tourism in many areas. Not to mention the prices at the grocery stores. There was a caravan of truckers protesting/rallying against the diesel prices yesterday along the Northway in upstate NY. I don't know how those folks are making a living.

We went to St louis last year and had a great time, about 800 miles round trip. This year we may play mini golf and clean up the yard, maybe a total of 50 miles this weekend.

At 25 mpg in our Vue, that leaves an extra $120 in our pockets.

On an aside, I 75 has nowhere near the amount of traffic as it usually does for a holiday weekend through this part of KY today.

I'm working next week starting Sunday. So no chance of going anywhere. I will most likely buy ribs from my favorite Chicago rib place, Carsons on Monday though. :love:

Nope. we go on a big group camping trip every memorial day weekend.
It actually started yesterday, but DD and I just got back last night from a 3 day trip to Savannah with our Girl Scout Troop. DD and I will join the group in the AM. DH has to work tomorrow, so he is just driving up for the day on Sunday. DD and I will drive back Monday AM.

Staying home but doing a few thing.. Taking the kids to a circus tomorrow and Hubby and I are going to see the Eagles in concert Sunday night, its our 15th wedding anniversary next week so we are celebrating a fews days early.

I'll be driving down to Walter Reed Army Hospital to spend time with some of our heroes - I'll have the kids with me and after that we'll be going to Arlington Cemetary.

We are home but not because of gas. We were at the lake last weekend and are headed out on our big vacation next Sat. I hope to finish up my grades and get some VBS stuff together. I would like to finish packing. It is a bit strange being here on a 3 day weekend but that is just how it all worked out this year. Enjoy the weekend everyone!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter