Are You planning a trip to Disneyland in December?

Hi, everyone!
I have been lurking on this board for about a year. Thanks to you I managed to plan a wonderful trip to Disneyland last March. It was amazing! Now we have reservations at HoJo (thanks again!) for our first Disney Holiday Trip.

The people who contribute to this board are amazing. I look forward to being part of a community that loves the two best things in the world "Family and Disney!"

Can someone tell me where to find more info about the candlelight prosessional dinner?

Hi all,

I usually hang out on the Disneyland Paris board (as you can probably guess from my username, I'm UK based so I get to DLP once or twice a year), but I've popped over here to get myself added to this little list of DISer's visiting Disneyland in December, as well as to try and help me with the planning.

I'm staying at HoJo's from 12th - 19th December (just little old me).

This is my second trip to Disneyland and I'm really looking forward to actually having time to plan it this time (my first was gaydays weekend last year and I only had a few weeks to sort everything out, including booking, as work decided to send me to an event in Seattle, so I decided to add on a few days holiday a little further down the coast ;))

We'll be heading back December 18th-22nd and staying at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South. VERY nervous about the crowds this year-we went last year first week of December and it was great so now I'm spoiled. But, it's my niece's first trip and my brother doesn't want her to miss any school (she'll be in 1st grade) and as a 1st grade teacher myself I find it hard to argue with his logic. So, touring plan in hand, we'll be there! It's also my brother's first trip so I'm excited to share this one with the fam!

Tennatively going Dec 6-10. Hopefully using our Grand California Villa points for the 1st time if we can get a reservation. Cannot wait!

I think CM parties will be on 12/6 and 12/7 based on previous years which is kind of a bummer but this is the only week my dh could get approved for time off as he is in retail. Does just DL close early and if so do they typically keep DCA open a bit later?

Thanks everyone and look forward to get the inside holiday scoop on this thread!

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the New Ones! I'll update all the information tomorrow..i've been out of town and just returned home:goodvibes.. this time tomorrow all your dates and names will be added!

I can't wait to visit with each of you!

*Big Hugs*:grouphug:

We'll be heading back December 18th-22nd and staying at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South. VERY nervous about the crowds this year-we went last year first week of December and it was great so now I'm spoiled. But, it's my niece's first trip and my brother doesn't want her to miss any school (she'll be in 1st grade) and as a 1st grade teacher myself I find it hard to argue with his logic. So, touring plan in hand, we'll be there! It's also my brother's first trip so I'm excited to share this one with the fam!

Hello. Just wondering about your hotel choice and how you will get to the parks. Do they have their own shuttle, or do you use ART? You stayed there before? How was the shuttle experience?

:santa:Updated List :santa:

daisyand2goofygirls....Nov. 29th-Dec. 4th...HoJo's
kaoden39....Nov. 30 to Dec. 4. Not sure where we are staying yet.
soak01...nov. 30 for 6 days. We are staying at Doubletree Suites.
Jadedarkstar...nov 29arive staying til sat, we are staying at HoJos
lulubelle....Dec. 4th thru 6th, we are staying at Grand Californian/Villas
Stacerita.... she's not sure but we want her to go Dec. 4th -6th
cheshiregirl....Dec. 4th-7th and also closer to christmas
fairykin......Dec. 4th thru 8th, we are staying at Grand Californian
pixelyy.........Dec. 4th-11th. We are staying at Hojo.
PrettyPrincessBelle... week of Dec. 5th
liesel.....Dec 5th -9th We are staying at Hojos
justkeepswimming....Dec 6-10. Hopefully using our Grand California Villa
PixieWings71...Dec. 11th-16th. We are staying at HoJos.
Mommy with Dreams .....Dec. 9th-11th. We are staying at HOJO's.
ukstitch.....12th - 19th December ...HoJo's
dlawallace.....Dec. 13th-16th We are staying at Disneyland Hotel.
Niele....Dec. 14th-18th at the GC again
QueenDoOver...Dec 17th to 23th Staying in the Pirate Suite at HoJo's
kerickson....Dec 17th to 23th staying at Sheraton and the Villas@GC
teacherlisa1978....December 18th-22nd and staying at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South
MsStinkerbelle...December 23 - December 30th. Currently booked at the Anaheim Hilton.
ladylyons..Dec 23th to 28th staying at Anaheim Plaza or Hojos
jnjusoioa.......Dec. 27th-Jan. 1st, we are staying at HoJo
Wendylady36 aka WendyLouWho...Dec. { Not sure yet, but reaLLy wanting to go}
JordansMomma aka DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister.. Dec. { not sure yet, but Super really wanting to go}
Andrew's_Princess...{Yes Yes Yes...not sure yet when]
Oscarkitty1......Dec. {Waiting to see if it's WDW or DL}
Cristabelita.....Will come cuz she's livin' oh so close!

Hi everyone! I've been missing from this thread!

Cristabel, did you get into Cal State Fullerton!?

Welcome to the December Disneyland trip planning thread, MsStinkerbelle... Love your name!:goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes

My DD and I are SO excited to be doing Disneyland! We visited there only twice while we were living in LA and now that we're back on the East coast, we're itching to visit. Wierd huh. :lmao:

Stinkerbelle....:rotfl: ... actually that is what the lady who does my hair said... "I make my living off people wanting the opposite of what they have. If they have straight hair, they want curly hair. If they have blonde hair, the want brown hair."

And it's true!!:rotfl2:

So I'm just checking in on everyone. I hope you all are doing good.

How is your christmas trip planning going?

My friends took me to the Disney Warehouse and I was able to buy the cutest long sleeve shirt for my Dad. It's got a picture of Grumpy in a christmas hat and says..Bah HuMbUg!

I'm still looking out for robes for my parents as a gift for our trip.

:santa:Updated List :santa:

daisyand2goofygirls....Nov. 29th-Dec. 4th...HoJo's
kaoden39....Nov. 30 to Dec. 4. Not sure where we are staying yet.
soak01...nov. 30 for 6 days. We are staying at Doubletree Suites.
Jadedarkstar...nov 29arive staying til thurs, we are staying at HoJos
lulubelle....Dec. 4th thru 6th, we are staying at Grand Californian/Villas
Stacerita.... she's not sure but we want her to go Dec. 4th -6th
cheshiregirl....Dec. 4th-7th and also closer to christmas
fairykin......Dec. 4th thru 8th, we are staying at Grand Californian
pixelyy.........Dec. 4th-11th. We are staying at Hojo.
PrettyPrincessBelle... week of Dec. 5th
liesel.....Dec 5th -9th We are staying at Hojos
justkeepswimming....Dec 6-10. Hopefully using our Grand California Villa
PixieWings71...Dec. 11th-16th. We are staying at HoJos.
Mommy with Dreams .....Dec. 9th-11th. We are staying at HOJO's.
ukstitch.....12th - 19th December ...HoJo's
dlawallace.....Dec. 13th-16th We are staying at Disneyland Hotel.
Niele....Dec. 14th-18th at the GC again
QueenDoOver...Dec 17th to 23th Staying in the Pirate Suite at HoJo's
kerickson....Dec 17th to 23th staying at Sheraton and the Villas@GC
teacherlisa1978....December 18th-22nd and staying at the Embassy Suites Anaheim South
artman..........Dec 21st thru 26th and staying at the Embassy Suites
MsStinkerbelle...December 23 - December 30th. Currently booked at the Anaheim Hilton.
ladylyons..Dec 23th to 28th staying at Anaheim Plaza or Hojos
jnjusoioa.......Dec. 27th-Jan. 1st, we are staying at HoJo
Wendylady36 aka WendyLouWho...Dec. { Not sure yet, but reaLLy wanting to go}
JordansMomma aka DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister.. Dec. { not sure yet, but Super really wanting to go}
Andrew's_Princess...{Yes Yes Yes...not sure yet when]
Oscarkitty1......Dec. {Waiting to see if it's WDW or DL}
Cristabelita.....Will come cuz she's livin' oh so close!

I started my pre-trip report for our Magical Christmas Vacation. See my siggy line for the link to it. :)

We are booked at the Embassy Suites from Dec 21-26, then on to San Diego and Huntington Beach. This will be our first trip "out west", we have been going to WDW for Christmas for the past 4 years and did the New's cruise on DCL last year.

We have an son that will be 9 at travel time, and I am now thinking that we should book at Hojo. We have stayed at Embassy Suites in a lot of different cities and always enjoy them (esp the breakfast), but I think my son would really enjoy Hojo. Any thoughts?

We are booked at the Embassy Suites from Dec 21-26, then on to San Diego and Huntington Beach. This will be our first trip "out west", we have been going to WDW for Christmas for the past 4 years and did the New's cruise on DCL last year.

We have an son that will be 9 at travel time, and I am now thinking that we should book at Hojo. We have stayed at Embassy Suites in a lot of different cities and always enjoy them (esp the breakfast), but I think my son would really enjoy Hojo. Any thoughts?
Hojo is fabulous, especially if your son likes the pool. Of course, it might be cooler in December but it's there if we get nice enough weather.

Hojo is fabulous, especially if your son likes the pool. Of course, it might be cooler in December but it's there if we get nice enough weather.

My son loves the pool. We are from Canada eh!, if it's not cold enough for a parka....it's perfect weather for a swim. ;)

we are going home Thursday. If i can see Fantasmic it will be Sunday night. We had to cut the trip short

Hey there pixelyyy... what a great pretrip report.. loved the pictures! I'll keep an eye on it for updates. I hope your family has a beautiful disney christmas vacation and makes memories to last a lifetime!
Are you planning on taking a little tree for the room?

Artman.. welcome the group.. i updated your information to the list! I think another family in this thread is going to be there when your family is and they are also staying at Embassy Suites!

Jadestar.. I updated your info!

We lived on Oahu for six months in 2004 and loved it! My husband was sent there for work and I took my 2 year old to the beach everyday. We went to the windward side and/or the north shore almost every weekend to escape the crowds. I so enjoyed meeting so many locals and really immersing myself in the culture. The locals were so welcoming. We also went to the big island for a few days and we went to Maui 2 years ago. Next up-Kauai! (hopefully in a couple of years) Anyway, for a gift basket for my inlaws, my husband and I were thinking of hitting Trader Joe's and getting some of our favorite things. They are pretty inexpensive and we sorely miss not having them in Colorado. Happy planning!

Hi Lisa, You all were very smart to go to the windward side, it's so less crowded and much greener. It sounds like you've been outer island more than I. Haven't been to Kauai since 1980! I get to the Big Island and Maui every so often but would love to get back to Kauai ... Sure wish we had a Trader Joe's over here, that is one great store. I know a gift basket from there would be so much better but again, I don't want to have to pack a bunch of extra stuff so I'll probably end up ordering some goodies from VP. Happy planning to you! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter