Are you going to eat out soon?

I don't see any difference between take out and dining in, as far as the number of times your food is 'exposed' (for lack of a better word) to other people.
Personally I’m less worried about my food being exposed than I am being around people (employee’s & customers) in a dining room. You are in general at greater risk of getting COVID person to person than object to person.

I can absolutely understand why someone would feel that way.

What I do is bring the containers home, wash my hands, remove the food with my own utensils to my own plate, discard the packaging, disinfect the counter, wash my hands again, and then dig in!

It's a bit of a hassle, but sounds worse than it is.

We do this exact same process as well. I also only order food that is cooked through. Nothing cold.

So... until this is all over, we won't be going back out to eat. Not because I'm scared of COVID, but because the experience overall was pretty negative to me.

This is pretty much my feelings about a lot of things. I'd rather wait than have lackluster experiences just because I'm allowed to do so.

So has anyone else been hearing about how incredibly busy restaurants still doing only take-out or delivery were yesterday for Mother's Day? I saw reports of a place that had to close early because they ran out of food and of a restaurant that stated it was the busiest day they have ever had in all of their years of business! Nice to see some businesses that enjoyed this normally great sales day even without being open. :)

So has anyone else been hearing about how incredibly busy restaurants still doing only take-out or delivery were yesterday for Mother's Day? I saw reports of a place that had to close early because they ran out of food and of a restaurant that stated it was the busiest day they have ever had in all of their years of business! Nice to see some businesses that enjoyed this normally great sales day even without being open. :)

Yes! We waited 3 hours but we ordered early. The managers came out and said they Weren’t expecting these many orders so weren’t staffed correctly. All of the staff were literally sprinting laps around the parking lot trying to get people their food. One restaurant had a line of cars all the way out into the highway.

Dining in is not open yet in PA, and I would not do it if it was. I saw some news stories about local restaurants with long lines yesterday, and was grateful the small local restaurant I ordered my Mother's Day dinner from had Saturday pickup and the food was all reheatable!

When we were in Portland, OR last year, there were several restaurants near where we were staying that had a counter for ordering, then outside picnic tables for eating. I might be comfortable somewhere like that...

Louisiana moves to phase one on Friday. 25% capacity for restaurants. I will continue with takeout only.

I don't see any difference between take out and dining in, as far as the number of times your food is 'exposed' (for lack of a better word) to other people. That's why we've only gotten take out a couple of times during this...and I wasn't totally comfortable with that, either.
I know there is no data suggesting food is a vector. However, how many times was that container touched and by who (whom?), as well as anything else in the box/bag? Right now, it isn't a risk I'm comfortable taking.

Totally agree with you on both counts.

This is us too! We haven't ordered take out at all. Haven't gone through any drive thru's either. Just not comfortable with it!
Its great and encouraging that there is no data saying that food is a vector. But, what I keep going back to, is this is such a new virus and there is still much to learn. Heck, we had been told not to bother to wear masks because they were useless and now we are being asked to wear them. (I happily wear my mask!) I guess its in the back of my mind, maybe food safety doesn't appear to be an issue now, but what if that changes?

I am not comfortable with it, but for the folks that can't wait to go out to eat/have gone out to eat, I say, knock yourself out and have a great time!!! Its just not for me as of now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter