Are you going to eat out soon?

I’ve eaten out twice now and both times everything was normal (regular plates/silverware/cloth napkins). The only difference was paper menus which I’m assuming is because they are still on a limited menu and it would look bad to have multiple things crossed out. They’re only filling about 1/3 of the seats but there is no caution tape, you’re simply not seated there. It’s actually kind of nice and more private than when other people a table away are being loud. They do have a limit of 10 people per table but that doesn’t affect most people anyway. I took my mom and mother in law out today and we had a lovely time.

38,000 Americans die in car crashes each year. 80,000 Americans have died in 2 months from covid. I really don’t think anyone should be making the car crash analogy anymore, especially when the list of risk factors is not very small.
I was about to post this exact same thing, and it bears repeating often as the people drawing this false analogy need to be corrected. Over the past two months one has a 1,200% greater chance of dying from COVID-19 than in a car accident.

As to the question at hand, no, we will not be dining out for quite a while.

You can believe what you will...I don't believe the *true* COVID-19 death total is anywhere near what's been reported. And with the actual death rate being somewhere between 0.01% and 0.05%, I entertain no fears whatsoever about eating in a public restaurant. Others are free to self-imprison themselves as they see fit.

You can believe what you will...I don't believe the *true* COVID-19 death total is anywhere near what's been reported. And with the actual death rate being somewhere between 0.01% and 0.05%, I entertain no fears whatsoever about eating in a public restaurant. Others are free to self-imprison themselves as they see fit.

This website contains the official CDC numbers and it lists total Covid deaths in US as approx 47,000 as of May 8 . Overall deaths this year from all causes are 98% of what is typical. Chart shows peak cases were the week of April 11 and have been dramatically decreasing.
cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/

We've gotten take out twice since this happened, but we never ate out before anyway and I have no desire to start anytime soon. Take out is fine, we can eat it in the comfort of our home, and no worries about sharing space with people who may or may not be sick.

Our lockdown has been extended to June 9. The closest we can get is ordering to go to support the local restraunts. Doing that today and for my birthday and anniversary later this month.

That's funny, based what I'm seeing in the hospitals I thought they were underreporting. Perspective, I guess.

I didn't expect so many people to say they would avoid restaurants. This is problematic. Restaurants will open, bring back their staff, and very few people will show up.

What would it take for you to return to a restaurant?

I will not eat out again until masks are no longer recommended.

Last week took the boat out, fully expecting to have to eat on the boat-nope-places were opening back up for outdoor seating. Was really nice to be out.
Went to our favorite local pub today-deliberately went at an "off" hour ~2:30-one other table busy on the patio. Inside was busier but with with a at least an empty table between parties. Was good to get out.
When I dine out, I have no idea what's going on in the kitchen - and during normal times, I could ignore that for my own sanity. I don't feel I can now.
Well know that the good restaurants have thought about this too. Restaurant kitchens are regularly inspected, and the "grades" they get are public. I'd expect those with good inspections to be even better now. My daughter has worked all through this and with their dining room opening tomorrow they have a procedure down. She's more worried about customers who refuse to wear masks as required by the state.

I think we are going to ease back into it.

However...I have FOUR of these little beauties calling my name, and they are from the little local sports bar with the best wings on the planet -- which also happens to have some outstanding local craft beers on tap.

We used to eat inside restaurants routinely, but even when allowed, it will be a long time before we feel safe enough to share inside air space for the longer time we sit and eat. We will still support our mom and pop places with take outs and curb pick up.

We used to eat inside restaurants routinely, but even when allowed, it will be a long time before we feel safe enough to share inside air space for the longer time we sit and eat. We will still support our mom and pop places with take outs and curb pick up.

This is what I have been doing. I return to work on the 18th, so I will bring lunch. Our common room is closed, so I have no way to cook it. It's going to be sandwiches or else delivery/pickup at local places. Trying to figure out a strategy for this return to work. It's a lot easier walking to my fridge or pantry at home.

Do you think this will happen before a vaccine becomes available? If so, are you good avoiding restaurants for at least another 17 months?

I don’t know and maybe. What I do know is that when restaurants in my area open, I will not be eating in them. At this time and in the near future, I do not feel comfortable not wearing a mask in public.

Our local Olive Garden opens for dine in tomorrow. We will be going next Sunday for our DS 14th birthday!!

My son and I went out to eat after church tonight. It was fine. The staff were all wearing masks and patrons weren’t placed close to each other. Otherwise felt like any other restaurant meal pre- Covid.

This website contains the official CDC numbers and it lists total Covid deaths in US as approx 47,000 as of May 8 . Overall deaths this year from all causes are 98% of what is typical. Chart shows peak cases were the week of April 11 and have been dramatically decreasing.
cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/

Read their disclaimers on the site before misusing the data, NVSS data is weeks behind, deaths are lower because they aren’t in that data set yet, go back and check in a month and you’ll understand.

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter