Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

So glad the treacherous weather did not reach you. Here in Georgia , lots of snow was predicted about a week ago and everybody went running to the grocery store for milk , bread and peanut butter (some of us for copious amounts of wine ) only to have it far less severe than predicted. Thankfully ! We Southerners do not deal well with ice and snow...it shuts us down.

Have enjoyed your TR and so happy to hear that your fur baby , Huey , is thriving. They are our hearts.

Lol well at least it gave a good party for all pb & j sandwiches , wine... Thank you for your kind cimments.

My mother used to love Agatha Christie novels and she always thought that the UK must get masses of snow in the winter because people are always snowed in in those stories. In the 90s we started to spend Christmas breaks in the UK (mainly Corwall, but also Wales) and my mother was so surprised that there was never any snow. Then one trip there was about half an inch of snow and we were "snowed in". She then understood that it was a question of perspective... We used to live in an area where there was regularly a foot of snow or more during the winter and no one was ever snowed in for more than a couple of hours.

Hope you will thaw soon! :goodvibes

Lol exactly. I like Agatha Christie also but she would put you off going to dinner to anywhere in the UK. Evertime we have people around for a gathering according to her novels somebody dies.. Oh and it snows lol..

If snow like that happened in LA, they would declare a state of emergency and everything would shut down but the police and hospitals!

We had an Earthquake hardly registered on the scale. Well the chaos and shock it caused...

Jack Sparrow is meeting and greeting at Disneyland Paris at the moment. I am heading there for a couple of days on the 24th and I was surprised to find him on the times guide for this week. I suppose it is meant to get people in the mood for the updates to Pirates of the Caribbean, which will feature Jack Sparrow.

It is not unlike this in the UK. Three flakes of snow and everything grinds to a standstill.

Corinna

Exactly. More snow in a snowglobe I got in MK a few years ago..

:offtopic: I am so totally off topic but I have a question that Polly or Jo might be able to answer - or someone else. I tried to google it but no luck. We have been watching, first "The Crown" and then "Victoria" and in "Victoria" they mentioned "Ladies in Waiting" as companions for a queen, is there an equivalent for a king?

Thanks,
Kate

:offtopic: I am so totally off topic but I have a question that Polly or Jo might be able to answer - or someone else. I tried to google it but no luck. We have been watching, first "The Crown" and then "Victoria" and in "Victoria" they mentioned "Ladies in Waiting" as companions for a queen, is there an equivalent for a king?

Thanks,
Kate

Hi Kate. Those are two fabulous shows aren't they! Yes the King has a valet. He does the same job as the ladies in waiting. Dresses the King etc.

I'm super excited for your next trip report. I love how you write and seeing all of your adventures!

How kind! Thank you. Next mini mini mini is just a one night at The Ritz in April if you are interested. I will post here! It is for Jo's birthday. We got married there in 2006.

Just finished reading - what a great TR! Will keep my fingers crossed for you to swap your 7 days to WL or BLT - BLT is the place we are thinking of adding on with (we're fellow Grand Flo DVC owners - like you, love those studios) its so lovely. The studios are a bit smaller but really well laid out, esp if you don't need to pull the sofabed out. and the views are fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter