Are two rooms with same dates likely for a DVC rental?

TheMacFamily

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, long-time Disney goers here from the UK but never tried a DVC Rental before. My family are hoping to get a week at either Beach Club Villas or The Poly in May 2022. We are hoping to book two studios for the same dates to accommodate us all, how likely is it that this will be possible? Is it common to book two rooms with the same dates for DVC rental or are we likely to be disappointed?

We will probably use either David's VC Rentals or DVC rental store. Is it also correct that we should be putting this reservation into the site in June 2021 (so 11 months out) to give us the best chance of getting the two rooms?

Is it also possible that we can do an "both rooms or nothing" reservation? Obviously only getting one room would break up the family and spoil the vacation somewhat....

Many thanks!

Poly will be fine, assuming they can find Poly points. Heck, Poly might even work at 7 months if you aren’t set on the whole week there.

Beach club would require BC points. BC is VERY small and in demand, and it will be hard to get the points and availability can be tough.

You might be able to get BC through an individual willing to walk the reservations, but that’s a different discussion. If you want to do that route, you need to do it now.

Last edited:
BCVs 11 months out today is literally the start of the biggest spring break week each and all room types are wide open. I don't think you'll have any issue getting two BCV rooms in May at 11 months. Davids has a dollar point premium if you book at 11 months home resort, so know that. But if you have everything setup to attempt rental on the 11month windows I think it is doable. I don't know about the "find two or no go" option. I've never tried that. But I would inquire with the rep you speak with at whichever rental company you go with. Also Id go with Davids in this case. Due to their shear size they are more likely to find an owner or two owners at BCV with enough points to fit your request.

If you request two or nothing, they will restrict their search to owners who have enough points to make both bookings. So that becomes a limiter.

For any time in May, both BCV and Poly studios should be open if you reserve 11 months out. In fact, Poly studios will likely still be open at 7 months out and BCV studios should still be open even at 10 monthe out.

Thus, as long as you can find one or more owners at 11 months out to reserve two rooms, you should be OK. But finding such owners will be the issue. For example, finding one renting enough points to get you two rooms is likely to be more difficult than finding two owners to make two separate reservations at Poly or BCV using the 11-month reservation window. Moreover, if you cannot find a single owner to do both reservations, and need two, you have the possibility of making a reservation for one room for which you then cannot get your money back and then be unable to find someone to provide the second room. That is probably more of a risk at BCV where fewer owners are renting than at Poly and thus if you were to make the attempt, you should probably consider Poly the easier target.

Last edited:
For any time in May, both BCV and Poly studios should be open if you reserve 11 months out. In fact, Poly studios will likely still be open at 7 months out and BCV studios should still be open even at 10 monthe out.

Thus, as long as you can find one or more owners at 11 months out to reserve two rooms, you should be OK. But finding such owners will be the issue. For example, finding one renting enough points to get you two rooms is likely to be more difficult than finding two owners to make two separate reservations at Poly or BCV using the 11-month reservation window. Moreover, if you cannot find a single owner to do both reservations, and need two, you have the possibility of making a reservation for one room for which you then cannot get your money back and then be unable to find someone to provide the second room. That is probably more of a risk at BCV where fewer owners are renting than at Poly and thus if you were to make the attempt, you should probably consider Poly the easier target.

Exactly. This is why I recommend going with David's in this case. I have no preference over DVC rental companies usually, but Davids is the biggest and has the greatest access to members and their points.

Beach club would require BC points. BC is VERY small and in demand, and it will be hard to get the points and availability can be tough.

You might be able to get BC through an individual willing to walk the reservations, but that’s a different discussion. If you want to do that route, you need to do it now.

I agree that BCV is small and in demand, but availability for owners seems to be extremely easy! Walking there is very rare. There often isn't even much of a rush at 11 months. I had no problems getting bookings around the 50th and I wasn't trying as soon as it opened.

Exactly. This is why I recommend going with David's in this case. I have no preference over DVC rental companies usually, but Davids is the biggest and has the greatest access to members and their points.
Hard to say any more. A lot of owners definitely were vocal about their displeasure with them after last year and may be looking elsewhere.

This is all super advice guys, really helpful, thank you!

Hey, what do you mean exactly by finding someone to "walk the reservations"? Sorry if that's a dumb question but I'm not familiar with the terminology, thanks.

A few years ago, I contacted David’s to book 3 rooms at BWV, all or nothing and they were able to do it. It is worth contacting them and asking.

Your odds are much higher at Poly than at BC, as Poly has 360 studios available (72 lake view, 288 standard). In addition, all but 2 of those studios actual connect (have a door between them) to another studio - something that doesn't exist at any other DVC resort. That could be something that is desirable for you (or not...). The owner would need to put in a request for two connecting rooms. It's just a request, but an easy one to fulfill, typically.

Steve

Hey guys, long-time Disney goers here from the UK but never tried a DVC Rental before. My family are hoping to get a week at either Beach Club Villas or The Poly in May 2022. We are hoping to book two studios for the same dates to accommodate us all, how likely is it that this will be possible? Is it common to book two rooms with the same dates for DVC rental or are we likely to be disappointed?
Beach Club Villas (BCV) will be tough. You'll have a much better chance at the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (PVB).

PVB has more rooms and seems to be somewhere in the middle of difficulty to book.

BCV has fewer rooms and is one of the hardest to book.

Also, May is a somewhat tough month. Points per night tends to be below average in May, and DVC members tend to book during times when the number of points needed is less.

I agree with Drusba that finding an owner for 2 studios for a week will be tough, esp at 11 months, probably best bet is 7 months at PVB . Good Luck!

We will probably use either David's VC Rentals or DVC rental store. Is it also correct that we should be putting this reservation into the site in June 2021 (so 11 months out) to give us the best chance of getting the two rooms?

Is it also possible that we can do an "both rooms or nothing" reservation? Obviously only getting one room would break up the family and spoil the vacation somewhat....

Many thanks!

Renting directly with an owner is something I'd recommend. And rentals for multiple rooms isn't unheard of even if single rooms are more common. You just need to find an owner with enough points. Otherwise people have given their input on what you might expect from the rental brokers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!