Are they getting overly strict on DAS

I did the online DAS registration (in our case, a renewal) on Thursday for the first time. I wanted to try it out, since we will be needing to do this for our WDW trip this summer.

I joined around 4pm and just told my son I would let him know when I needed him to come sit by me. It took an hour and 15minutes to get connected to a cast member.

She was wonderful. Her name was Ashlyn. She saw that we had recently had the DAS (it had expired literally the day before) and asked me to explain how the DAS has helped him in the past. I didn't say his diagnosis, but I did say he has a developmental disability and then explained his difficulties. She then said she would definitely be able to renew it, and since the picture on file was recent, no need to take another one. She then asked my son what his name was, and then confirmed our party. She set us up with advanced selections for our visit today, but I declined any future ones since our plans for park visits change a lot.

My son then asked her who her favorite character is, since that's his new obsession while in the parks (because of their new name tags that say who is their favorite). She engaged him in a really kind conversation about his favorite character. She was very sweet.

Overall, I found this to be an easy way to do this, but I think I prefer just doing it in person. I was sort of wary of the lines in park today since this is a holiday weekend, so I'm glad we were able to do this within the 2 day advanced window. And I'm now prepared for getting it set up for WDW, so I won't be stressing about it next month.

Last edited:
I have heard that they are cracking down more on folks who can use wheelchairs as the lines allow for wheelchair waiting.

If you feel this may be an issue in the future, I would just have a doctor's note available.
PP is correct - no doctor notes. You should be prepared to explain why you cannot wait in a queue despite the wheelchair.

applied for Das yesterday.

Logged in at 7am and was in 2 minutes in the video chat/ Call

The very lovely CM took a foto of my son and then asked one question.

all done in under 5 min. Than i make the 2 reservations for 7 days with the same CM by Chat

Since they have moved to the online system, I have been doing that each trip. It seems to be so much easier. I have a plethora of issues. They have never had an issue but the last time I had a DAS was in October 2022. So no recent issues.

Reactions: asc
Yup. Second time this year and very easy. It seems like they just pull up information from last visits which are the same for us. Made all advance das and was able to get everything. More evidence parks are much lighter than last year. ;-)

I went in April and used the online registration to do it a few weeks before the trip. The wait on the chat was about 5 hours but once I finally spoke with someone the process was really easy. As others have said, the questions were simply about explaining why you have issues waiting in regular queue lines. CM I dealt with was extremely friendly and helpful.

How would you factor the inflated wait times into the equation? People have been posting for quite awhile that the return times for DAS, based on the standby posted wait, is way off from the actual standby wait.
Not my experience. You may be given a 10 minute return time earlier than the current standby. It takes that long to scan, wait for availability and transfer. The advantage is not waiting in a traditional line.

Not my experience. You may be given a 10 minute return time earlier than the current standby. It takes that long to scan, wait for availability and transfer. The advantage is not waiting in a traditional line.
Technically the system allows you to scan in 5 minutes early. Of course the cast members can over ride it if you show up earlier than that, but the actual system will put you through at 5 minuets before.

I went to Epcot a few weeks ago and definitely had a weird encounter with a CM while getting my DAS re-registered. She was kind of cold toward me while I explained as vaguely as I could, since I'm used to them not wanting too many details. She kept saying she needed more details. I finally gave a layman-friendly explanation of some of my health problems going into some details about what happens when I get stuck in a line and how I frequently have to leave it. I basically had to give them my whole diagnostic history to get it, which was super weird. It definitely feels like they're cracking down. I did get my DAS re-registered, but it caught me off guard.

I went to Epcot a few weeks ago and definitely had a weird encounter with a CM while getting my DAS re-registered. She was kind of cold toward me while I explained as vaguely as I could, since I'm used to them not wanting too many details. She kept saying she needed more details. I finally gave a layman-friendly explanation of some of my health problems going into some details about what happens when I get stuck in a line and how I frequently have to leave it. I basically had to give them my whole diagnostic history to get it, which was super weird. It definitely feels like they're cracking down. I did get my DAS re-registered, but it caught me off guard.
I don't like announcing the details of my daughter DAS where other random other visitors in guest services can hear it either, so I stay kind of vague usually. The last we went was 2021, just before they made the switch to online, and they were kind of cold as well. I'm kind of looking forward to the online registration. If it is just a 1:1 with a cast member and they need details, I'VE GOT ALL THE DETAILS with the corresponding ICD-10 codes, 30+ page assessments, IEPs, etc.

I don't like announcing the details of my daughter DAS where other random other visitors in guest services can hear it either, so I stay kind of vague usually. The last we went was 2021, just before they made the switch to online, and they were kind of cold as well. I'm kind of looking forward to the online registration. If it is just a 1:1 with a cast member and they need details, I'VE GOT ALL THE DETAILS with the corresponding ICD-10 codes, 30+ page assessments, IEPs, etc.
Disney has no clue what the icd codes mean and they are not allowed to look at medical assessments, ieps, etc. They aren't supposed to care about the diagnosis at all. You only need to tell them how those things affect your ability to wait in line. Absolutely go into more detail about that.

They don’t want all those things.
The question you need to answer is “What are my concerns with waiting in the regular lines?”

That is the information CMs are interested. If you are not answering that question or are too vague about your concerns, they will ask more questions to clarify. From what I’ve seen and heard, the more guests try to bring in the type of details you mentioned, the more questions the CM will have. Those details are not pertinent to DAS because they don’t answer the question about concerns with waiting in line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter