• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there usually fall discounts?

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of taking our travel trailer in the fall, most likely late Oct. or early Nov. We have always wanted to try the campground but have not had the courage to do the drive yet. (about 16 hours from St Louis, with a 9 and 2 year old) If I decide we are ready to do the drive, is it possible they will announce AP discounts for fall? Also how is the transportation to MGM and Epcot? In March we tried the Swan and LOVED the location. It was so easy to get to Epcot and MGM. I think MK will be easy at FT. W but how are the others? Thank-you for the info!:D

The campground is a wonderful resort. As many have said there is so much to do at FW that often guest never go to the parks.

1. Discount codes normally come out about 3-4 mons in advance, so keep an eye on mousesavers.com

2. Transportation: For the Studios & Epcot you board a bus to the TTC and then switch to the monorail or a bus. Allow 30-60minutes traveling time. Often we just take our car if we are in a hurry.

3. If you decide the drive is too long consider one of the wilderness cabins so you can get a feel for the campground

4. Plan some quality/RR time at FW.

Thank-you for the suggestions. Taking the car sounds like the way to go, with the stroller I don't want to have to change busses. I guess I'll look for discounts to come out Julyish. We have considered the cabins, but since I can get the really cool teacher discount at the Swan Dolphin we have a hard time matching the price at other hotels. Thanks again.:D

We are camping at FW 10/19-10/25, 2002. We will be driving down from Wisconsin (about 22 hours) with 5 kids (ages 9 yo through 10months at the time). We plan to take 3days/2nights on the way down and back. Less stressful for Mommy and Daddy! The kids do fine on our drives for fishing vacations, usually between 10-15 hour rides.

We've never camped anywhere before (borrowing a trailer) and have never been to Disney before (well, I went when I was in high school, just a couple years ago, LOL).

Come join us in our insanity!!!!!

Jamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter