Are there big drops in Rockin Roller Coaster?

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
Hi - my daughter can do some roller coasters but not all. She does NOT like big drops. So, she hates Splash Mtn and ToT. But, she loves Space Mtn. I remember the RnR goes very fast and up-side-down. But, does it have any big drops? Thanks!

Nothing I would characterize as a big drop. I think the ride is around 80 feet at its apex, but it doesn't drop all at once

Oh good - I'm so glad. I got us FPs because that was how I remembered it. But, was starting to get nervous as we get closer. Thanks!

its in the dark so honestly i can't tell when there's a drop or if there's even any big ones, but it is a fun ride and a must do for us every trip!

This is a SUPER ROUGH coaster, though. It really shakes you around and rattles your head, so make sure your child can handle that before you do this ride.

This is true, especially in the back of the train. I have started requesting a seat farther up in the train and it's MUCH better. If I'm in the back, I come off with a headache. Of course, once I asked for "front 1/2 of the train" and she thought I wanted front seat, so we got that, and I discovered that results in tears streaming down my face from the wind. Oh, and my hair was AMAZING after that! LOL.

This is true, especially in the back of the train. I have started requesting a seat farther up in the train and it's MUCH better. If I'm in the back, I come off with a headache. Of course, once I asked for "front 1/2 of the train" and she thought I wanted front seat, so we got that, and I discovered that results in tears streaming down my face from the wind. Oh, and my hair was AMAZING after that! LOL.
Love Rock'n'Rollercoaster, but yes, the last rows give new definition to the phrase headbanging. My cranium and neck are definitely sore after riding in the rear. Maybe I'm just becoming an old fuddy-duddy, but I wish the head holders could be improved. In the back row, my noggin slams around like a pinball during the bonus round.

I am exactly like your daughter, but was able to do and enjoy the ride. It did not have big drops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter