Are Egypt October 2021 trips going?

We used Kensington for our trip so I can’t say how ABD will handle it, but travel bubbles are a little hard for Egypt - there is very little mask wearing or distancing there. Will be difficult to control. We were a private tour so I guess it could be controlled more, but not on the Nile cruise or any of the sights. As for the QR code thing - yes Egypt requires it on the vaccine, we used Immunaband to generate a QR code and that worked just fine. They still wanted a PCR test as well at Egypt air although that is not supposed to be required. Coming home we used the Binaxnow emed self test which worked great.
Egypt was amazing, would definitely go back!

Thank you for all the great info! Did you take the PCR at the airport with Egypt Air or had you taken one beforehand? Great to know they asked for one. We weren’t planning to get one since we’re vaccinated.

For the Immunaband, did you use their digital health portal thing or actually get the bracelet? Thank you!

Thank you for all the great info! Did you take the PCR at the airport with Egypt Air or had you taken one beforehand? Great to know they asked for one. We weren’t planning to get one since we’re vaccinated.

For the Immunaband, did you use their digital health portal thing or actually get the bracelet? Thank you!
We took a PCR test at our local clinic and just brought the result sheet with us - there was no stamp or QR code that request on the results but that didn't matter. For Immunaband we did not bring the bracelets just the sheet with the QR code and that worked well :)

We took a PCR test at our local clinic and just brought the result sheet with us - there was no stamp or QR code that request on the results but that didn't matter. For Immunaband we did not bring the bracelets just the sheet with the QR code and that worked well :)

Thank you so much! Really appreciate you sharing all this info.

I think another Egypt trip kicks off today. Wonder how the Oct 12 trip is getting on so far!

I think another Egypt trip kicks off today. Wonder how the Oct 12 trip is getting on so far!
It is going well from what I see on FB! Crowds/tourists are coming back to Egypt but still not bad. They visted the old Egyptian museum (their Egyptologist said the GEM will open in Feb 2022--not holding my breath on that one) and got a private tour of the Sphinx. There are 18 adventurers on the trip and 5 non-ABD guests on the Nile River cruise.

Curious if anyone on here is booked for this fall?
We just got back from the 10\24/2021 trip. Amazing trip. Only 11 of us in this group trip. Lots of nice Disney only tours… exclusive only us inside the Great Pyramid, And and up
Close encounter with the Sphinx reserved usually only for dignitaries, an exclusive night tour of the the Karnak temple, again only us, and a chartered flight on Egypt air for only the 15 Disney adventurers and their guides to the resort.

We just got back from the 10\24/2021 trip. Amazing trip. Only 11 of us in this group trip. Lots of nice Disney only tours… exclusive only us inside the Great Pyramid, And and up
Close encounter with the Sphinx reserved usually only for dignitaries, an exclusive night tour of the the Karnak temple, again only us, and a chartered flight on Egypt air for only the 15 Disney adventurers and their guides to the resort.

Glad to hear it was an amazing experience!

Were you traveling to Egypt from the US, may I ask? If so, can I ask what you used for proof of vaccination arriving in Egypt (if you’re vaccinated) and for your PCR test given their QR Code requirements?

Also, on your return trip at the end of the Adventure, how was the process for getting a PCR test for your flight home?

Thanks a bunch, so glad it was an awesome trip!

Thanks so much for posting about your Egypt ABD. Sounds like it was amazing!

Were you able to see the King Tut exhibit? Were there any changes to the itinerary?

Thanks so much for posting about your Egypt ABD. Sounds like it was amazing!

Were you able to see the King Tut exhibit? Were there any changes to the itinerary?
Yes. We did view the king Tut exhibit on the first day at the Egyptian museum. It was great having an Egyptologist along to inform us of the history of sll the places we visited. Also got to see the mummy of King Tut himself when we toured his tomb at the Valley of the kings.

Yes. We did view the king Tut exhibit on the first day at the Egyptian museum. It was great having an Egyptologist along to inform us of the history of sll the places we visited. Also got to see the mummy of King Tut himself when we toured his tomb at the Valley of the kings.
Very few changes on the trip. Because Luxor temple was being prepared for a celebration, they switched the exclusive night tour to Karnak temple instead. Just a few changes, mostly in the order of what we did. We always also had a tourist police with us. Sometimes we had armed police with us when we ventured out on the streets to walk in Old Cairo.

Me, too! :)

Sayhello
We just got back. It was a great trip! Everything on the agenda, we got to do. Loved all the Disney exclusive… being the only group to tour the inside of the Great Pyramid. We had it all to ourselves in the evening, being able to touch and be up close with the Sphinx (this is usually only reserved for dignitaries), again another exclusive was having the entire Karnak temple to ourselves. So much to see! Loved the Egyptian museum and the King Tut exhibits as well as seeing his actual mummy in his tomb at the Valley of the Kings. Because we were only the third tour group since they started, there was only 11 of us. It was great because we had the two Disney guides and the Egyptologist so it was a very personal trip.

Glad to hear it was an amazing experience!

Were you traveling to Egypt from the US, may I ask? If so, can I ask what you used for proof of vaccination arriving in Egypt (if you’re vaccinated) and for your PCR test given their QR Code requirements?

Also, on your return trip at the end of the Adventure, how was the process for getting a PCR test for your flight home?

Thanks a bunch, so glad it was an awesome trip!
We traveled from San Francisco. We took the rt-pcr test as a double measure just in case the vaccination with the QR code wasn’t enough but the Egyptian embassy did respond that the Clear vaccination digital card with the QR code was Okay. I would have both. Egyptair wanted the vaccination card with QR code, but the AbD rep that cleared us at the airport wanted the rt-pcr results. Make sure your rt-pcr is 72 hours from your last flight, not when you take your first flight Also make sure you have paper copies.

AbD takes care of the the return pcr test. It cost $100 and they do it at the resort. The night before you return to Cairo. Tiffany also printed up our copies along with the digital copy. Paper copies are better. They seem to prefer that here. The airlines will ask for your pcr test results before you board a flight back to the US.

We just got back. It was a great trip! Everything on the agenda, we got to do. Loved all the Disney exclusive… being the only group to tour the inside of the Great Pyramid. We had it all to ourselves in the evening, being able to touch and be up close with the Sphinx (this is usually only reserved for dignitaries), again another exclusive was having the entire Karnak temple to ourselves. So much to see! Loved the Egyptian museum and the King Tut exhibits as well as seeing his actual mummy in his tomb at the Valley of the Kings. Because we were only the third tour group since they started, there was only 11 of us. It was great because we had the two Disney guides and the Egyptologist so it was a very personal trip.
That sounds wonderful!

How was the Nile River part of the trip? That concerned me because I'd heard there were people besides the ABDers on the ship.

Sayhello

That sounds wonderful!

How was the Nile River part of the trip? That concerned me because I'd heard there were people besides the ABDers on the ship.

Sayhello
Yes. They were others on the river boat. It didn’t bother me. Just felt like when you are on a cruise there are other passengers. It wasn't very crowded. The Nile River was fine. Slow and peaceful. Disney used the Coral Sea company which seems to own the river boat as well as the Sensatorj resort.

Yes. They were others on the river boat. It didn’t bother me. Just felt like when you are on a cruise there are other passengers. It wasn't very crowded. The Nile River was fine. Slow and peaceful. Disney used the Coral Sea company which seems to own the river boat as well as the Sensatorj resort.
Do you know what their vaccination/testing status was? Were there requirements to be on the ship?

Sayhello

I’m not sure of the passengers. All those in Egypt who work in the tourism industry are all vaccinated. We had very little interaction with the other passengers. There weren’t many. Mostly European tourists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter