• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are Children Under 2 Counted in the Escape Guest Count?

LovelyPrincess432

Earning My Ears
My fiance has a niece under 2 and a future new niece or nephew, does anyone know if they would be counted as a part of the 18 guests? We spoke with someone over the phone at Disney that said they would not. Does anyone know for sure?

I have heard, if they have a heartbeat they count.

Does this mean that unborn babies would count too? Just kidding, but yes, unfortunately, it is true that even very young children count as guests.

I have come to the conclusion that with the Escape weddings the "rules" depend on who your planner and coordinator are.

When I called the Planner ( she puts the contracts together) told me that my God-daughter who is 2 would not count. And her brother who would be turning 4 would count but they could work around it.

I can't see how they could count a baby as 1 person. The reason why they want to keep Escape weddings under 20 is simply because they need it to be kept under 2 hours from start to finish. If the parents are caring for the children it should not be an issue.

I would talk to the planner again and ask about the 2 yr old. They should be flexible.

Good luck!!!

Unless you really want them there- maybe you could arrange for a babysitter. Sometimes really young ones can be a distraction for all of the guests, and the baby might be happier playing or running around.

I have heard, if they have a heartbeat they count.

Thats exactly how it was put to me. If it has a heartbeat and breathes, it's a guest. I wanted to be snarky and ask about lizards or some such but I was a good Meg for once :angel:

This rule is the reason I went Wishes. Our guest list went over by 2 babies - one 1 year old and a 2 yr old.

I was planning to do a wedding with Disney in NOvember, but I have more than the 18 people they would allow. We would have tons of kids too at the ceremony and no matter what age they are the planner I was dealing with said they count...

Personally I think it is bogus for Disney to make you plan a larger wedding based on teh number of people that are there... The amount of money that everyone is putting out already to go is enough... there is no reason for them to be greedy... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter