AQR (Attraction Queue Return) Usage Reports

voxparse

Abide
Yay new acronyms! but seriously, please post if you have used the new AQR (attraction queue return?) system since 5/20/24. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't post here about your thoughts/feelings/legal ponderings/etc about AQR unless you have actually used it and report your experience. I really would just like a place where we can discuss the actual use of the system and how it works or doesn't so that some of us can be prepared to use it. I'll be there in mid June and will be sure to use it a couple times, FOR SCIENCE! Some prompts:

What ride?
Where in the queue were you when you left?
How hard was it to find a CM?
Are you or someone in your party that had to leave the queue in a mobility aid like ECV/wheelchair/stroller as wheelchair/M1 Abrams/etc ?
How many adults/children (besides you) in your party, and age of kids?
How long were you gone?
How hard was it to get back to your party?
Did any guests give you flack (probably not an issue for the guy with the abrams)?
How did the whole thing go?

Last edited:
Please feel free to ignore if not appropriate, but I'm also wondering if we could ask the question for people who are solo, or with one other person who also has to leave the line to help them? Basically where there isn't a party to return to. I feel like that might be handled differently. I'm definitely curious as it would apply to our situation, and from what I've seen in the main thread, could help others as well.

Yay new acronyms! but seriously, please post if you have used the new AQR (attraction queue return?) system since 5/20/24. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't post here about your thoughts/feelings/legal ponderings/etc about AQR unless you have actually used it and report your experience. I really would just like a place where we can discuss the actual use of the system and how it works or doesn't so that some of us can be prepared to use it. I'll be there in mid June and will be sure to use it a couple times, FOR SCIENCE! Some prompts:

What ride?
Where in the queue were you when you left?
How hard was it to find a CM?
Are you or someone in your party that had to leave the queue in a mobility aid like ECV/wheelchair/stroller as wheelchair/M1 Abrams/etc ?
How long were you gone?
How hard was it to get back to your party?
Did any guests give you flack (probably not an issue for the guy with the abrams)?
How did the whole thing go?
Agree with prior poster who suggested adding “how many adults/children (besides you) in your party, and age of kids”

…but mostly I wanted to let you know that “tank as wheelchair” was a hilarious inclusion. 🤣

From what I’ve heard, those queues with merge points (LL, etc) will have the person coming back wait at the merge point for their party, or have them route through the standby line until they get to their party.

A question I would love to see answered is what happens if your party gets all the way to ride boarding and you’re still not back (attending to a disability, attending to a little kid, needing to go to first aid or something). Does a CM pull your party aside? What about in queues where there isn’t enough room to pull the party aside? If the party decides they don’t want to wait and go without you, do you get an automatic ride when you come back to the line? Basically, does leaving the line mean you still wait your time, or do you have to start over from where you last were? Is it that way for solo travelers without a group to return to?

From what I’ve heard, those queues with merge points (LL, etc) will have the person coming back wait at the merge point for their party, or have them route through the standby line until they get to their party.

A question I would love to see answered is what happens if your party gets all the way to ride boarding and you’re still not back (attending to a disability, attending to a little kid, needing to go to first aid or something). Does a CM pull your party aside? What about in queues where there isn’t enough room to pull the party aside? If the party decides they don’t want to wait and go without you, do you get an automatic ride when you come back to the line? Basically, does leaving the line mean you still wait your time, or do you have to start over from where you last were? Is it that way for solo travelers without a group to return to?
The people waiting in the SB Line are supposed to stop and wait at the merge point from everything we have seen so far so they would not arrive at boarding without you. The question still remains about whether there is room or what happens when multiple groups are waiting for someone to come back, etc.

The people waiting in the SB Line are supposed to stop and wait at the merge point from everything we have seen so far so they would not arrive at boarding without you. The question still remains about whether there is room or what happens when multiple groups are waiting for someone to come back, etc.
Sounds like that’s going to be a possible choke point/pile up then, that would require its own procedures. What happens if so many are waiting for their returners that the line can’t physically move? When do CMs say enough is enough, would they have that right? Definitely interested to see what sort of testing or changes this system undergoes, because I can see three easy issues just within a handful of situations.

Sounds like that’s going to be a possible choke point/pile up then, that would require its own procedures. What happens if so many are waiting for their returners that the line can’t physically move? When do CMs say enough is enough, would they have that right? Definitely interested to see what sort of testing or changes this system undergoes, because I can see three easy issues just within a handful of situations.
We will see when people start posting their real experiences.

Hello. I don’t normally post but I wanted to share part of my experience and will return tonight with further updates. I am an AP holder and will not disclose why I have had DAS in the past but have used it for about a year or so now. I called today because my husband and I will be going to Epcot for date night tonight so I wanted to see where I stood. After explaining what happens, I was told that they would suggest me using the Return to Queue option. Which entails me going to a cast member and telling them my issues. Depending on the ride they may issue me a return time. My concern with this is there is zero record this is what was given to me to use. So the CM could flat out tell me no. On top of that, I have to do this at every attraction. I had issues doing this on video chat and now I’m being told it must be done at every attraction I want to ride. I am so disappointed and sad. As I said before, we’re going tonight so I’ll report back tomorrow I with the results. I am a bundle of anxiety and stress though.

I was told that they would suggest me using the Return to Queue option
Might it be "Attraction Queue Re-entry" that was recommended? That seems to be the most common option offered. It is available to anyone, no special notation needed in MDE or anywhere, and I don't think you need to go into detail about the disability. You and your party enter the queue, if something arises that you need to leave the queue the CM will inform how that works -- it might be a return time or entry to the LL and wait to meet your party at the merge. Re-entry procedures can vary by attraction.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

Attraction Queue Re-Entry

There may be times when a Guest must briefly step out of the standby line and then rejoin their party in the line. Every location has a defined process to support this option based on a person’s disability while the rest of the party remains in line.
How to Use Queue Re-entry
Speak to a Cast member at the location for directions on how to re-enter the queue.
  1. A Cast Member will provide details about how to exit the queue and how to navigate back to your party.
  2. While the Guest who must leave the line is briefly away, the rest of the party will remain in line.
  3. The Guest reunites with their party to ride the attraction.
Note: Guests must meet boarding requirements to ride.

Might it be "Attraction Queue Re-entry" that was recommended? That seems to be the most common option offered. It is available to anyone, no special notation needed in MDE or anywhere, and I don't think you need to go into detail about the disability. You and your party enter the queue, if something arises that you need to leave the queue the CM will inform how that works -- it might be a return time or entry to the LL and wait to meet your party at the merge. Re-entry procedures can vary by attraction.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

Attraction Queue Re-Entry

There may be times when a Guest must briefly step out of the standby line and then rejoin their party in the line. Every location has a defined process to support this option based on a person’s disability while the rest of the party remains in line.
How to Use Queue Re-entry
Speak to a Cast member at the location for directions on how to re-enter the queue.
  1. A Cast Member will provide details about how to exit the queue and how to navigate back to your party.
  2. While the Guest who must leave the line is briefly away, the rest of the party will remain in line.
  3. The Guest reunites with their party to ride the attraction.
Note: Guests must meet boarding requirements to ride.
Hi @lanejudy
Thank you for the well wishes and I will definitely report back. Either tonight or tomorrow.
No, she specifically called it Return to Queue and said it was different than the Attraction Queue Re-Entry. That I go to the CM before I enter the queue and tell them my concerns and they would give me either a return time or pass. She said if I had 4 or more people I could use the AQR though.

Hi @lanejudy
Thank you for the well wishes and I will definitely report back. Either tonight or tomorrow.
No, she specifically called it Return to Queue and said it was different than the Attraction Queue Re-Entry. That I go to the CM before I enter the queue and tell them my concerns and they would give me either a return time or pass. She said if I had 4 or more people I could use the AQR though.
I was hoping to hear more on how this actually turned out.

I was hoping to hear more on how this actually turned out.
Hi @Evita_W
Sorry for the delay. I got busy and didn’t make it back here.
The one CM I spoke with said the way I was told was the way it works. Epcot did not have any long lines for me to test it out but he said they are the ones to determine whether I can get a return time. They are heavily scrutinized as to how many they give out so I see it being rather difficult. The poor guy seemed a bit stressed when I approached him. He did look relieved when he realized I wasn’t going to yell at him. I feel so bad for the ride CMs. It seems their jobs have gotten more difficult. I’m also more stressed because I now have to approach each ride and explain my situation. I don’t do that well when I went to guest services and that was once every 2 months. Now I have to do it multiple times each time I go. I did forget to ask about the RTQ option showing up on my account because I was trying not to let all of my anxiety out at once. I know the ride will, but it would make both my life and the CMs life much easier if they could see what I was ‘approved’ for.
Good luck to everyone out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter