APs- is there warnings when prices are due to increase?

mowog

Mouseketeer
Our next trip is going to be December 07, then Oct/Nov 08. We will want to get an AP for the Dec 07 trip so we can use it for the 08 trip. So are increases announced in advance? I want to pick up vouchers sometime but would like to delay as long as the prices are the same.

TIA, Bob

Thats what we sort of did.We purchased our in Nov. because we knew they were going up .We will turn them in on our June Trip .

I didn't want to wait and forget so we just went ahead and did it.

There are no official warnings. Just rumors on boards like the DIS boards, and they often turn out to be true.

I think it's safe to say that AP's will have a price hike sometime in the next 18 months before your trip. Hard to say when the next increase will come but the increase % will probably be more than you could make on that money in 18 months, so whether to buy soon probably depends on your cash flow situation and how much of a gambler you are. :)

There is usually talk on the boards shortly before price increases.

But don't forget to factor in lost interest if you purchase early. If the price increase is small, it may not be worth your while to buy them if the price change is too many months out.

Dec. and Jan. are the usual price hike times, so if you buy your vouchers before November, you should be in good stead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter