April 7, 2007 Western on the Magic?

PBader said:
Just giving this a bump!
Our passports arrived today--although we won't need them for this cruise.
Paula
You may not "need" them....but it's highly recommended you carry them with you anyway....it would not be fun to get stuck in some foreign country without them...even Mexico ~ and you can never know what may happen....

Hi! We booked what seems like forever ago, but now its getting close! It will be me, dh, dd11 and ds8. We have taken two Eastern cruises, most recently two years ago, both of them were fabulous, and we are all really excited and looking forward to it! Let me know if anyone has kids that might want to email ahead of time. Hope everyone's plans are going well. I have actually posted a few new threads tonight asking about some port questions, as well as whether booking a Palo reservation at 3am is really necessary (unfortunately, so far all the votes are for yes, maybe we don't need Palo that bad...)

Hope everyone's plans are coming along well!

Hi everyone
Some of us cruising on 7th are on another thread which we keep bumping to the top but you must have missed. We started it way before thanksgiving. Glad there are more of us we were beginning to think it was going to be a very empty ship!!

Hi everyone
Some of us cruising on 7th are on another thread which we keep bumping to the top but you must have missed. We started it way before thanksgiving. Glad there are more of us we were beginning to think it was going to be a very empty ship!!

Yeah this thread was started just about a year ago now....we should all get on one....starting to look at our excursion options etc....hard to believe we're only 3 months away!!!:banana:

hi everyone. I am also booked on the April 7th western cruise. Its me dh dd 11 ds 14 dd 17. Cant believe 3 months left. Did anyone wake up at 3am to book palos or excursions ? Hope to talk to all soon. :)

hi everyone. I am also booked on the April 7th western cruise. Its me dh dd 11 ds 14 dd 17. Cant believe 3 months left. Did anyone wake up at 3am to book palos or excursions ? Hope to talk to all soon. :)

No....:rotfl: did you???? We're excited to go - working on a short pre-stay at AKL to go to the parks a couple of days...and trying to find some decent airfare...ugghhhh

Bumping us to the top again as we are getting so close to our cruise.
Has anyone else received the special book with all the info. Ours has reached the UK via our travel agent - we were really excited to get it. We can book our stuff next Monday so I hope all those of you who are not first timers haven't used up all the good trips. I really want to go on the Dune Buggy trip in Cozumel and Parasailing on CC. Any one else done this

Bumping us to the top again as we are getting so close to our cruise.
Has anyone else received the special book with all the info. Ours has reached the UK via our travel agent - we were really excited to get it. We can book our stuff next Monday so I hope all those of you who are not first timers haven't used up all the good trips. I really want to go on the Dune Buggy trip in Cozumel and Parasailing on CC. Any one else done this

We got ours about a week ago; so i've booked some Palo reservations and still trying to figure out excusions in Coz & GC...i think we'll explore key west on our own...and just enjoy all that CC has to offer without excursions - since it's our first time there...

I hope we get some more DIS'ers who are cruising with us to jump on this thread....we're so excited to cruise the Magic again...and looking forward to a few days in the parks before sailing

Hi, We booked a dinner and a brunch at Palo's so far. I can't decide at all what excursions that we will do on Coz or GC. There are a lot of choices. We usually just rent the floats on CC and enjoy the surroundings. Key West we will probably just explore on our own also.
Paula

Im booked for the palo brunch. Ive heard such great reviews i have to try it. My DD and DS are doing the parasailings at CC. Thats all i have done so far. has anyone ever been on the easter crusie before? I went last year if anyone has any questions. Cant wait its getting closer !!!! :cool1:

My DS wanted to do the Kayaking Adventures in Coz - it is listed in the excursion booklet - but is not listed one of the excursions at disneycruise.com...has anyone heard that was canceled?

Can't book excursions until next Monday, either. Plan on doing the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel (it's expensive, but DD saw something similar on TV and was soooo excited ... I plan on surprising her with it). Also thinking about maybe a beach excursion in Grand Cayman.

Cabbie, I have read that there is an Easter egg hunt in the kids' club ... is that right? Also, do you have any ideas on doing an Easter basket?

hi, i do believe there was an Easter egg hunt. We did not go to it. i really can't remember why we didn't. i suppose we were busy with other activities. there is always so much to do its hard to fit it all in.

as for the baskets have you heard of Shirley from "the perfect gift". i have heard such wonderful things about her baskets. I know i have seen pics of the baskets on these boards.

last Easter we were on the Eastern, Sunday was a day at sea. This year being its the Western we will be in key west i think that would change the days itinerary somewhat. But i can't see them not having the egg hunt.

no matter what everything will be great!! So much fun!! Can't wait!!!!

hi everyone. this will be my third cruise ive been one on easternt and one that was ment to be western but then hurrican Ivan chased after us. I also have been to WDW 7 times.

Only 2 1/2 months left! I can't believe it.

I booked our excursions this am so it's starting to feel a lot more real.

Managed to book parasailing at CC and dune buggys at Cozumel but couldn't get anything up about a Palo Brunch. Just gave 4 dinner dates. Does this mean the brunches have all gone or do they not show up? On the drop down menu it just gave choice of dinner or high tea.

Well, it's coming fast, we've had the cruise booked for over a year, I just have to stay away from the board for a while before we go, or I become obsessed and can't seem to do anything else, I decided we are close enough now, and needless to say I have been catching up on posts, learning new things. There will be 6 of us sailing this time, we have a new cruise (our DD BF of 4 years) For the kids this will be their 3rd cruise, and DH and I it will be our 4th. We tried for a western on 9/11/05, but ended up with a mystery cruise, we had to keep outrunning Ivan and Jeanie, and ended up at Nassau, Puerto Rico, Castaway Cay, (we were the first ship back on the island since Francis) and drawing a blank where else we went. That might have been it.

We actually get in the car in 72 days, and 21 hours to start the trip to Florida. I can't wait. 1 1/2 years is to long to be away from the ship.

dramaqueenuk,
keep checking the site, sometimes they change I don't know if it's because people cancel or they offer them as it gets closer. also when you board the ship try to book brunch at that time. good luck

Hi all, just found this thread, actually someone here directed me to it from another thread. Will be with my wife and DD15, our friend and her DD14 our coming too! Have been on 2 eastern and 1 western before. Have a handicapped room reserved as my wife has MS and uses a scooter, along with and inside room. Looking very forward to the cruise, btw we too are from Michigan! Have some palo reservations and shore excursions already booked. My DD has not been to the stack yet as she was to young on previous cruises, anyone know what type of activities go on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter