April 4th and its SNOWING !!!

DH and I just cancelled our extended Easter in Maine because of the already fallen snow at our house there - and because of the threatened 8" to 16" possible snowfall total! :eek: We are used to Easters when there is still ice on the pond or the traditional mud season Easter, but in all the 12 years we have owned there I cannot recall a snowfall of this proportion! :sad2: Won't make the trip now until Memorial Day - when we will deal with the black fly population that inhabits our neighborhood! Oh well - the good news is that I still have 5 days off from work! Maybe I'll take the trip gas $$ and buy some pansies for the yard!:goodvibes

Those of us along Lake Michigan have blizzard warnings for the next three days, due to lake-effect snow:scared1: Yesterday it was 60 degrees. Gee, don't I feel glad that I stayed home this week, instead of fighting the crowds at WDW.:sad2:

We are in Peabody MA., just in this week from CA. I used to live out here on the North Shore. I don't miss the snow, but it was fun to see.

April snow is not unusual, I remember a mid MAY snow storm in upstate New York when I was a kid. I don't think we will ever see one of those again.

woke up w/a dusting of snow on the ground and wind chill temps in the teens near pittsburgh (after 79 on tuesday!!!!). daffodils and tulips look a little 'under the weather':sick:

makes me long for the warm FLA weather - although, when i'm at WDW in mid-JUN, i'll probably be longing for today!

April snow is not unusual, I remember a mid MAY snow storm in upstate New York when I was a kid. I don't think we will ever see one of those again.

DS's birthday is May 9th, and there was snow one year in NJ on his birthday...heavy hail on another party day... these are duly noted in his "baby book!"

Bobbi:goodvibes

Add at least PARTS of CT to the snow state list.

Around my house, nothing.

But just a bit higher into the elevations (like, up a hill on my ride to work), there was a light dusting...and it was flurrying. The flurries followed me all the way to the highway and then some.

Hi girlfriend!:thumbsup2 Glad your snow is washing away! I feel like we'll never see the end of our snow/rain/sleet combo.

Hey athenna! :goodvibes Front yard is looking good! The backyard is allllmmmooosstttt ready for the Easter Bunny to hide his eggs on Sunday without him getting stuck in the mud! :cool1:

Hopefully you can say that in the morning too! ;) :banana:

:wave2: So far so good! ;)

DH and I just cancelled our extended Easter in Maine because of the already fallen snow at our house there - and because of the threatened 8" to 16" possible snowfall total! :eek: We are used to Easters when there is still ice on the pond or the traditional mud season Easter, but in all the 12 years we have owned there I cannot recall a snowfall of this proportion! :sad2: Won't make the trip now until Memorial Day - when we will deal with the black fly population that inhabits our neighborhood! Oh well - the good news is that I still have 5 days off from work! Maybe I'll take the trip gas $$ and buy some pansies for the yard!:goodvibes

Well - reports indicate 14" of the white stuff in Denmark, Me with temps in the low 30's; heavy snow is taking down tree limbs and power lines...imagine if we had braved it just to get up there to find no power - means no heat [except a fireplace] and no water!

Enjoyed a lazy morning here at the jersey shore - guess I'll dress and go shopping! :cool1:

HAH! It was still snowing in Vermont late this morning, we're going up to our place there tomorrow night to ski for the weekend (or at least the kids are, I'll be sitting by the fire thank you)... I can't believe I got six inches of snow last night though...

Snowed today in Kansas also... was 81 on Monday and now this. Gotta love the midwestern weather. Some spots had over 7" today.

Love the Al Gore comment by the way!

Well we got over 12inches and alot of places with no power. We just got back from the BWV 3/24 not what I wanted to have happen now. I'm in the spring mood after EPCOT.:grouphug: staying warm:grouphug:

Well if it makes any of you feel any better it is actually snowing in central Oklahoma today. It is just a few flurries but it is still SNOW! And to think DD wore shorts to school Wednesday because it was 80 out. I want heat!!!!!

4 inches yesterday north of Boston...some flurries a few hours ago...another possible snow storm Wednesday night into Thursday!!!!!!
Boy, I can't wait until July 8-12! First DVC vacation...10 year anniversary for DH and me only:) Also going again Dec 1-8 with 2 DDs and my parents:)
I finally took all of the snowflakes out of our windows today so that should be the end of it!

Tracey

I know that it's not the inches that you all up North got but it did snow flurry at my house yesterday - The really surprizing part - I LIVE IN TENNESSEE! We are waaay too far south to get snow in April.

Last week we had temps in the 80's - I opened my pool, now I'm worried out the filter freezing.

Ahhhhh - with this cold weather I am really Disney Dreaming now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter