April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin,
I can definitely identify with you. Ankle injuries are very frustrating. I missed a step last April and fx 3 bones, toe ligaments, and tendons. Today 11 months later after 4 casts, 2 surgeries, and lots of time out of work I am hoping to be at my best for this cruise. I may be walking with a cane but I will be on the Inaugural Hawaii cruise. Good luck with your healing.

I didn't have ankle injury, but I had knew surgery at the end of December. I know all too well how is it with Non~Weight bearing situation and to little kids in the house. I'm off the crutches now, getting stronger every day and I'm sure I'll be fine at the time for the cruise.

Quick healing Robin and disneygal0614.

Holy Smoke, part 4!

A big handful of pixie dust to all of our injured/recovering cruisemates.

DisFam82, welcome aboard.

So Alan, how was the MK all nighter? It sounds like it would be so much fun.

Found my way over to this thread. What is the story about no more Mickey Bars? I heard the alternative is some type of ice cream sandwich that is not very good.

Looking for some advice from DL experts. We get in early evening on the 27th, so we really only have one full day before the cruise and haven't been to Disneyland or California Adventure. Where should we go-Disneyland or California Adventure or are they both doable in one day. Looking into dining options for that night as well. We are staying at VGC. Thanks everyone.

I wrote to my contact person to ask if a room for 95 ladies could be found onboard and this is the response I got back from him:

"I received the same request from someone earlier this month for what looks to be the same event."

OK Now I'm confused. It either has to be for another cruise or another event on our cruise.

Well that's weird. :confused3 Just so you know it wasn't me. :rotfl2:

I'm Here <waving>

We are, but about 40 minutes earlier.
Roughly that - she hasn't said yet exactly, but we should know in a few days. There ARE a couple cabins where you will want to plan to leave two - because the occupants are EACH doing the FE - seperately - (so you'll be receiving two from that cabin)

Thanks for the mention of this Linda. Since I am one of the seperate FE. I know it can be confusing.

Nothing much to report from this part of the pacific, today is the first day of Autumn and we seem to have completely missed summer this year - sigh!

but, its 57 days until we leave for LA... yay!

My FIL isn't improving, they have stopped the physio as its just too painful for him and he doesn't have the energy. So sad. He's in a lot of pain and I just keep thinking if he was a beloved pet, you would do the kind thing when the quality of life is so deminished. :confused3

Yesterday I had, should I call it a "dismounting malfunction" on my bike? I was biking along a road with a lot of road works so I for a short distance, I was on the foot path. I came to the end of the path and it was a curb without a slope so as my bike isn't designed for "offroading" I thought I'd get off, cross the road on foot and carry on. As I was getting off my bike, there must have been shingle on the path, my foot slipped from under me and I twisted my ankle and landed on my knees on the nearly laid shingle road.

So grazed knees and a badly sprained ankle. I had it xrayed this morning and its not broken. Dr has given me two days off work for r'n'r as I need to keep it elevated and iced.

It really needs to get better fast as I'm going to Sydney on Saturday for the Mardi Gras Parade. I've been looking forward to this weekend since I booked it a year ago. I'll go, even if I have to hop around Sydney slowly... Unfortuately, I'll probably not have the shopping spree I was also hoping to have. But at least I can still go.

And finally, a question. Is anyone at or going to WDW before we cruise? I would dearly like a set of park maps for my brother and SIL who are trying to decide between DL and WDW next year. Thought it might be good for them to see what the differences are between the two.

:grouphug: Sent you a PM.

I wrote to my contact person to ask if a room for 95 ladies could be found onboard and this is the response I got back from him:

"I received the same request from someone earlier this month for what looks to be the same event."

OK Now I'm confused. It either has to be for another cruise or another event on our cruise.

Ask for clarification. You are the hostess so if someone is trying to "help" that needs to be straightened out :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone! My family and I will be joining you on the inaugural cruise to Hawaii. I have been a big fan of Disboards but I have not posted much. I plan on being more involved in the conversations. My family consists of my husband, my 5 year old daughter, and myself. We are very excited for our upcoming cruise and to meet everyone.

Welcome Aboard !

Rumors over on the DCL threads that they will not be having Mickey Bars anymore! :scared1::mad: I'm going to send an email to DCL to ask about this. More important than pins, IMHO!!!!! :eek:

Just a rumor though right ? I am hoping it's just a supply issue that will be resolved by the time we cruise.

Robin"D";44187963 said:
:surfweb: Checking in....Holy Catfish/ Part 4....

On January 9th had surgery on left ankle/ to have bone spurs remove within the ankle joint/ and due to older / past injuries to the ankle, that had to facture the ankle during the surgery. I have been Non~Weight bearing and home bound since the surgery [thank goodness I can work from home via telework…]I am now in Physical Therapy. Due to the type of facture, recovery will be slow, but I am recovering.
We have 58 days until we sail in 58 days, and 55 days until we head to DL for the first time.

I saw a lot of you are going to Ariel’s Grotto for m dinner on the 27th; we will be there @ 7:30pm and 10:30pm for the World of Color.
Looking for some Pixie Dust to get me back on my two feet; either way, we will be there.

We are so looking forward to this vacation/visit to DL/ Cruise.
Hope all is well with all of you

Robin & Angel “D” :thumbsup2

Robin,
I can definitely identify with you. Ankle injuries are very frustrating. I missed a step last April and fx 3 bones, toe ligaments, and tendons. Today 11 months later after 4 casts, 2 surgeries, and lots of time out of work I am hoping to be at my best for this cruise. I may be walking with a cane but I will be on the Inaugural Hawaii cruise. Good luck with your healing.

That just stinks ! Hope you have a speddy recovery ! Sending :wizard: to both.

Happy Birthday Alan ! Hope you have a great day !

My b-day is next month. Guess where I will be on my b-day ? :woohoo::banana::dance3: Feels so good to say next month I will be on my way to Hawaii !!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Happy Birthday Alan ! Hope you have a great day !

My b-day is next month. Guess where I will be on my b-day ? :woohoo::banana::dance3: Feels so good to say next month I will be on my way to Hawaii !!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Happy Birthday to everyone celebrating!

And
YES :banana: it is indeed good to know that next month I will be cruising
:yay:

Nothing much to report from this part of the pacific, today is the first day of Autumn and we seem to have completely missed summer this year - sigh!

but, its 57 days until we leave for LA... yay!

My FIL isn't improving, they have stopped the physio as its just too painful for him and he doesn't have the energy. So sad. He's in a lot of pain and I just keep thinking if he was a beloved pet, you would do the kind thing when the quality of life is so deminished. :confused3

Yesterday I had, should I call it a "dismounting malfunction" on my bike? I was biking along a road with a lot of road works so I for a short distance, I was on the foot path. I came to the end of the path and it was a curb without a slope so as my bike isn't designed for "offroading" I thought I'd get off, cross the road on foot and carry on. As I was getting off my bike, there must have been shingle on the path, my foot slipped from under me and I twisted my ankle and landed on my knees on the nearly laid shingle road.

So grazed knees and a badly sprained ankle. I had it xrayed this morning and its not broken. Dr has given me two days off work for r'n'r as I need to keep it elevated and iced.

It really needs to get better fast as I'm going to Sydney on Saturday for the Mardi Gras Parade. I've been looking forward to this weekend since I booked it a year ago. I'll go, even if I have to hop around Sydney slowly... Unfortuately, I'll probably not have the shopping spree I was also hoping to have. But at least I can still go.

And finally, a question. Is anyone at or going to WDW before we cruise? I would dearly like a set of park maps for my brother and SIL who are trying to decide between DL and WDW next year. Thought it might be good for them to see what the differences are between the two.

I can get you a set (if no one else has already volunteered)

Wow page 3. I have heard they are having supply problems with the Mickey bars.

That is what some are saying, others are saying it is a make us healthier thing. :mad: I have sent DCL an email asking them to clarify. We will see.popcorn::

Robin"D";44187963 said:
:surfweb: Checking in....Holy Catfish/ Part 4....

On January 9th had surgery on left ankle/ to have bone spurs remove within the ankle joint/ and due to older / past injuries to the ankle, that had to facture the ankle during the surgery. I have been Non~Weight bearing and home bound since the surgery [thank goodness I can work from home via telework…]I am now in Physical Therapy. Due to the type of facture, recovery will be slow, but I am recovering.
We have 58 days until we sail in 58 days, and 55 days until we head to DL for the first time.

I saw a lot of you are going to Ariel’s Grotto for m dinner on the 27th; we will be there @ 7:30pm and 10:30pm for the World of Color.
Looking for some Pixie Dust to get me back on my two feet; either way, we will be there.

We are so looking forward to this vacation/visit to DL/ Cruise.
Hope all is well with all of you

Robin & Angel “D” :thumbsup2

Lots of Pixie Dust for you!

Looking for some advice from DL experts. We get in early evening on the 27th, so we really only have one full day before the cruise and haven't been to Disneyland or California Adventure. Where should we go-Disneyland or California Adventure or are they both doable in one day. Looking into dining options for that night as well. We are staying at VGC. Thanks everyone.

Wow, hard question. Depends on the hours at the parks that day. If they are open early morning until midnight or so, you could do both parks. DL early over to CA for a few hours in the afternoon and then back to DL until close. It really is way easier to get from one park to the other than at WDW. BUT, if the parks close at 10 then I would just do DL. It has the magic of Walt's touch that you won't find at any other park. I would try to see/do the things that are not at MK.

:sail: ?? FABRIC ?? :sail:

If anyone has any reasonable sized scraps of the DIS Cruise fabric that you do not have a job for, I might be interested it purchasing it. Please PM me so we can discuss size, shape, and cost.

Thanks!
Jan

Ask for clarification. You are the hostess so if someone is trying to "help" that needs to be straightened out :thumbsup2

Yes, I agree you should not just assume it is ok. They have new people working in Special Requests and we had major issues with our October events.

Alan and anyone else annoyed - I apologize if my posting offers to order tee-shirts with images and the banner images seemed to monopolize the boards. It won't happen again.

I may not be the best person to answer this, since I've only been to DL a few times and I'm biased towards WDW. ^_^

You might be able to get both done in a day if you skip some of the rides that you can get at either park (DL or WDW). Maybe it is just me but I didn't think that either park was that big.

If you only pick one, personally I would go to Disneyland because it has the majority of my favorite rides and some that are different from WDW. Go Matterhorn!
California Adventure was okay, though, if you love Soarin' make sure you go because the wait never seems to be as long at DL as it is at WDW. Maybe because they are in California? ;)

They also have a nice setup with their Downtown Disney area. It's compact and has plenty of food choices and places to shop!

Just my two cents and a hair clip on the matter.

Yes, I agree you should not just assume it is ok. They have new people working in Special Requests and we had major issues with our October events.

Alan and anyone else annoyed - I apologize if my posting offers to order tee-shirts with images and the banner images seemed to monopolize the boards. It won't happen again.

I don't see the issue with this. I think it is great and very nice of you to offer your time and resources to do this!.. I have toyed with the idea of order a few, but just have been lazy about deciding which ones. I haven't seen that is has been an issue with most people on this thread. I say continue to post! :cheer2:

I appreciated your help and offers that you posted! I certainly hope Alan wan't implying that he was "annoyed" about your post. :goodvibes

Don't berate Disney too much for the Mickey bars, the supplier is unable to keep them supplied at this time. As for the ice cream sandwiches being not very good, I prefer them to the Mickey bars personally. But there's no way on earth that they are healthier, so the "healther" thing is probably crap.

You might be able to get both done in a day if you skip some of the rides that you can get at either park (DL or WDW). Maybe it is just me but I didn't think that either park was that big.

DO NOT skip Pirates of the Caribbean or Space Mountain. They are NOT the same in both parks. I would also recommend not skipping the Haunted Mansion. Tower of Terror, I could skip that, I don't like the one-shaft mechanism at DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter