APRIL 25,2012 5 night THE MAGIC KEY WEST CRUISE

Woohoo!! My project that I am making for the kiddies is 1/3 done! I am hoping it looks good when it's all complete!

My kids are saying that I am crazy with all the time I am putting into this FE! I am having so much fun though! Call me FE crazy lady!! :banana:

Robin

Woohoo!! My project that I am making for the kiddies is 1/3 done! I am hoping it looks good when it's all complete

I am sure it is going to be fantastic!!! I haven 't even started on anything!!!!!!!

Were staying at All Star Movies before the cruise, any tips you can offer us? We're going to Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom and Universal before the cruise. Looking to eat at a steak house on property, can anyone suggest one?

We used Tour guide Mike.com when we went to WDW. What I remember for AK,,go to the Safari first,,,Everst next if you are going to ride it. Magic Kingdom,,I know that they have made changes so not sure I can help you there,,,I really recommend tourguidemike.com for his tour guides. Are you staying onsite for Universal? If you are and are going to WWOHP--you get in early for WWOHP and go straight to Ollivanders (if you are into that) and than straight to FJ (the lines can get really long),,,we are heading straight to the shops than and than riding the other roller coasters. WE are only doing one day of WWOHP and staying at RPR so we are going to make the most of it. Can't suggest a steak house.

We will be at WWOHP on April 23-24th for the kids birthday. My ds is the BIGGEST HARRY POTTER FAN EVER!!! so we couldn't think of a better birthday present for him.

princesskenziesmom, were not staying on Universal, we'll take transportation form Movies. Thanks for the suggestion on the web site, will check that out.

mcmommy77, I guess thats why I couldn't figure out the PM feature, LOL Small world. LOL This will be our first time at the parks. I've been to Disneyland twice and feel intimidated with Disney World, so much bigger.

Going to try and make my own Fish Extender, looked at lot of pictures and think I can wing-it, so wait and see what hangs outside my door.

princesskenziesmom, were not staying on Universal, we'll take transportation form Movies. Thanks for the suggestion on the web site, will check that out.

mcmommy77, I guess thats why I couldn't figure out the PM feature, LOL Small world. LOL This will be our first time at the parks. I've been to Disneyland twice and feel intimidated with Disney World, so much bigger.

Going to try and make my own Fish Extender, looked at lot of pictures and think I can wing-it, so wait and see what hangs outside my door.
LOL! I sent you a message telling you that you better not be making a lot of noise in your stateroom, because we are right below you!

Did you have any objections with having your daughters name on a FE gift I am making? It will be something for the outside of the door.

Robin

just switched us from an 11C on deck 2, to a GTY 11B. We had a room on the 6th floor last time. For the extra 40 bucks I'll be glad if we get an inside higher up - and estatic for upgrades if the pixie dust hits us :-D

We arent getting off the ship for key west or nassau as far as I know.. Been there done that already.

in 2010 we did the catamaran sail and snorkle - it was well worth the money - way better than the carribean queen one if anyone is looking between those two. Nassau had gotten significantly less annoying the last time we went - people still haggle you, but it was not nearly as bad as previous years I had been.

Boy as much as ive worked on my FEs I would have cried, LOL! I am still waiting on my room number. Thank you for allowing me to add into the FE last min.... I have late dinner seating if you need to add that too.

The beads that we are wearing to the meet and greet should we wear to dinner too the first night to find eachother? Do the beads have to be only green, gold, and purple? Can we wear other colors? Im excited!!! How do I add a picture to my posting?

The beads that we are wearing to the meet and greet should we wear to dinner too the first night to find eachother? Do the beads have to be only green, gold, and purple? Can we wear other colors? Im excited!!! How do I add a picture to my posting?

The ones I have are purple, green, gold, and silver (they typical Mardi Gras colors). I would say wear what you have or want... we are on vacation!

My family will probably wear them all day the first day... We have gottem moved to early seating. We are really looking forward to meeting folks. The last cruise, we really only got to know one family. My kids love pen pals so I am hoping they can make some friends they can write to.

It would also be neat to walk around Key West with other folks. Maybe some of us could split a Key Lime Pie.... I have lost 25 lbs now... I've got to gain some back somehow. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I was reading a FE gift thread and saw that chocolates seem to be the popular gift for kids. Our youngest ds Tyler has a life threatening peanut/nut allergy. If anyone is passing out chocolates or nuts for FE gifts, we cannot accept. We wouldn't be able to accept any chocolates/nut products at all. PLEASE feel free to give them out to the other rooms just skip our room and kids. He can accept gum, Skittles, lollipops but that would be it. Sorry to be a pain, but it is what it is! Believe me, trick or treating is no picnic for us :eek:

Now on to the fun stuff,,,is everyone bringing the kids to Key West to walk around or going without? Would love to hang out with everyone in Key West but would feel really bad that we are the only ones planning on leaving them on the ship...:rotfl: We will probably wear our Mardi Gras beads all day and to dinner and I am going to go with whatever colors I can find.

I was reading a FE gift thread and saw that chocolates seem to be the popular gift for kids. Our youngest ds Tyler has a life threatening peanut/nut allergy. If anyone is passing out chocolates or nuts for FE gifts, we cannot accept. We wouldn't be able to accept any chocolates/nut products at all. PLEASE feel free to give them out to the other rooms just skip our room and kids. He can accept gum, Skittles, lollipops but that would be it. Sorry to be a pain, but it is what it is! Believe me, trick or treating is no picnic for us :eek:

Now on to the fun stuff,,,is everyone bringing the kids to Key West to walk around or going without? Would love to hang out with everyone in Key West but would feel really bad that we are the only ones planning on leaving them on the ship...:rotfl: We will probably wear our Mardi Gras beads all day and to dinner and I am going to go with whatever colors I can find.

Brittany,

You are not being a pain! Thanks for telling us. I certainly don't want to take a chance on making Tyler sick. I am sorry he has to deal with that. My DD had severe food allergies as a infant, but thankfully, she grew out of the worst of them.

As far as Key West goes... our kids will be with us. They love to hit the ports and see the sites.:banana::banana:

LOL! I sent you a message telling you that you better not be making a lot of noise in your stateroom, because we are right below you!

Did you have any objections with having your daughters name on a FE gift I am making? It will be something for the outside of the door.

Robin

Funny, you can use Lily's name, if DH doesn't like it we'll put it inside the room. Thanks for asking.

Picked up my stuff to make my FE today! So Hope it turns out! It'll be red and black.

1153rsmith, how did you get your dinning time changed? We have late and want early, if it doesn't get changed we'll miss out on the dinning rooms! So bummed

1153rsmith, how did you get your dinning time changed? We have late and want early, if it doesn't get changed we'll miss out on the dinning rooms! So bummed

When we made our reservations we asked to be waitlisted for early dining. They never let us know anything but when we got our cabin assignment, our last seating was changed to main.

The dining rooms will be the same for both seatings though, so you won't miss anything. They have 2 shows each night so that both seatings see one. Late seating does the show first, then dinner; main seating does dinner then show. IMHO you definitely do not want to miss the main dining rooms.

Can you tell I love food?!?!?!?! :woohoo:popcorn:::yay:
If you want early seating, I would call DCL and see if they have openings. If not you can be put on the waitlist, and you can also try once you get onboard.

If a lot of us got the late seating (because that is all that was available, who actually is on the main seating? It seems like the cruise has a lot of rooms still available. Looking at the DIS'ers group, most are late seating. I think if you called and told them that the early works better for your child, that you would get it.

We booked three months before and late was the only thing available. I think it might work better for us though. LAst year, we ate so much for breakfast and lunch, that I was never hungry for the huge dinner AND dessert! We will see!

You all have my room number, CALL ME to wake me up for morning walks!!!! :yay:

Thanks so much for letting everyone know. I myself have a peanut allergy so I can completely sympathize. If I can find other goodies/ snacks that are nut free would they be ok? I'm talking not even made in a facility, nut free. My son lives peanut butter and fluff and my throat gets itchy just making it. I'll pm you with what I have and make sure it is ok.

My beads are red, blue, green, purple...maybe some other colors. I am sure my family will wear them all day. We have late dining.ain finish was disasterous for us last time.

Jessica,
what was disasterous for you last time? Did you have early seating last time?

I thought 6:pm would be too early for my bunch, that is 5 our time and plus a few times we will still be in port:)

-Ashlee

Jessica,
what was disasterous for you last time? Did you have early seating last time?

I thought 6:pm would be too early for my bunch, that is 5 our time and plus a few times we will still be in port:)

-Ashlee

Haha I didn't even realize my auto correct was at it. We had main dining last year. The dinner was ok I guess but we eat late lunches so no one was really hungry at dinner. It also had the kids upset that they had to wait until after dinner to go to the kids club. And having a 6:45 am breakfast on disembarkation day was horrible. The kids were at the kids club until midnight. We were all exhausted because we didn't get to bed until like 2 am. My oldest actually his under the table and cried herself back to sleep under the table! We have pics to prove that one. We got through customs and took the ME to MCO. We got there 5 hours before our flight. They told us not to schedule before noon so I had a 2:45 flight. So kids late to bed, extremely early wake up, 5 hours before the flight and all cranky made for the almost 8 hours of flight home, with layovers, almost unbearable! They really enjoyed the restaurants but we can't get up and be ready to leave by 6:45, not under any circumstances.

:sail::sail::sail: We have late dining this time. We have always had early dining but I requested late this time as for what the hours were at the ports. We dont want to miss dinner or have to rush back to get ready. Does anyone know if there is a formal night on this cruise? Beyond excited... :beach: :tinker:

That is one of the reasons why we liked the second seating. We are in Key West until 7; we may have to miss the show :sad2:! We saw all the shows last year on the Magic. They are FANTASTIC!

:sail::sail::sail: We have late dining this time. We have always had early dining but I requested late this time as for what the hours were at the ports. We dont want to miss dinner or have to rush back to get ready. Does anyone know if there is a formal night on this cruise? Beyond excited... :beach: :tinker:

Dress up night is on fri night (dress or pant suit for the ladies and shirt and tie forthe gentleman) sat night is pirate night. The rest are casual nights and per the DCL rep on casual nights you may wear jeans. There is no dress code for the kids. They ask no tank tops or sandals but I saw a ton of this on my last cruise. I can't wait either. We have our cruise docs for both cruises...it's a tease, still a month away!!!

That is one of the reasons why we liked the second seating. We are in Key West until 7; we may have to miss the show :sad2:! We saw all the shows last year on the Magic. They are FANTASTIC!

I wish I had the money to fly down with you guys and could sit with you guys for dinner. We are stuck driving..up side is its only gonna cost me about $300 in gas round trip but it will take us about 17 hours to get there which is a lot more than flying.

I wish I had the money to fly down with you guys and could sit with you guys for dinner. We are stuck driving..up side is its only gonna cost me about $300 in gas round trip but it will take us about 17 hours to get there which is a lot more than flying.
Play the megamillions and WIN, WIN, WIN!!!! I wish you could fly too. That would make your b2b that much more fun!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter