APRIL 2022 W.I.S.H. - Springing into healthy living

Wahoo that DH maybe, might be starting to feel like his cold is going away. It's been a long two weeks!!!

Wahoo we had a two hour delay for school today and most of the staff who are supposed to enter that absence online did it! Makes my job much, much easier.

Wahoo to DH who babysits our instant grandbaby today. And wahoo to the photo mom sent of little man sound asleep in his car seat on the way home. He fought it so hard the last couple hours he was here.

I somehow missed yesterday, so this is kind of a double post:

WooHoo Wednesday - I got a bunch a housework done yesterday, including "the box pile" - you know when stuff comes in the mail, and you think, "That's a great box..." It was out of control! I now have a tidy bin full of a few useful sizes/shapes, and the rest are broken down flat in my recycle bin.

Which leads into:

Thankful Thursday - technology! (specifically, Audible). The box project was made much more pleasant by listening to a really interesting book while I worked.

I somehow missed yesterday, so this is kind of a double post:

WooHoo Wednesday - I got a bunch a housework done yesterday, including "the box pile" - you know when stuff comes in the mail, and you think, "That's a great box..." It was out of control! I now have a tidy bin full of a few useful sizes/shapes, and the rest are broken down flat in my recycle bin.

Which leads into:

Thankful Thursday - technology! (specifically, Audible). The box project was made much more pleasant by listening to a really interesting book while I worked.
My boxes get left in the living room for a while so that cats can play in them. Pippa has dropped a couple of her toys in the current one and lays inside playing with them.

My boxes get left in the living room for a while so that cats can play in them. Pippa has dropped a couple of her toys in the current one and lays inside playing with them.

Yep, my cats almost always have one of their own as well. (We could seriously make one of those Chewy commercials!) Right now, their favorite thing is to "hide" in it while I swish one of those fishing rod type toys in front, and they swipe a paw out to grab it.

It has been really cold here this week, down around freezing at night, and I'm grateful that we haven't had any actual snow in the area.

I'm thankful for the progress that's happened at work this week. Today I have to make a presentation about our plans for the last week of the month, when I'll be on-site working with the Operations team in the facility. I think it'll go well, my only real concern is that my voice has been very squeaky this week so hopefully I'll be understandable.

And I'm thankful that with the current rise in new cases, folks around here (including me) have gone back to wearing masks indoors without being told to do so. Thank you neighbors!

My parents woke up to ten inches of snow the other day. They live between me and Oneanne. Our two hour delay was because it was snowy! It's cold and I'm not happy. But I am grateful for the rain that will hopefully make a small dent in the Pacific Northwest's drought.

I'm thankful for all the lovely people in my life.

I'm thankful for DH's thoughtfulness.

I'm actually taking a lunch break today to go get my hair cut, so that will help me get thru the day.

I've been so mentally tired this week, I'm glad to have made it to Friday and to having a couple days of rest. Work wise we've gotten done what needed to be done, so I don't have to worry about it over the weekend and can enjoy Easter Brunch... provided we don't get more snow. It isn't forecast, but just saying... I'll go to the grocery store this evening and the French bakery early tomorrow, then the rest of Saturday is really just normal weekly household chores.

1650031506647.png

Last edited:
Yay Friday! This week has been dragging! But I am cutting out of work early to get a haircut in an hour or so.
Tomorrow will be preppy Easter dinner, trying to squeeze in a visit to my parents (Wednesday if not) then off to our last theater show of the season.
Sunday we'll be hosting a smallish Easter dinner. Then the countdown to our long weekend in VT is on. Looked at the weather there and it looks chilly but not freezing so that's good.

Happy Friday Everyone!!

I think I speak for everyone when I say-we don’t need anymore snow!!! Luckily it’s been so nice here!! Sunny and warm everyday!!

Weekend is going good so far-volunteered at the SPCA this morning, got DD from her 1st art class and we went to habatchi, dropped her at her 2nd art class and went home and napped!! Waiting for her right now and then we are off to pick up my sweet niece to babysit for the afternoon and visit my parents, my dad had shoulder surgery on Wednesday (it went really well).

Tomorrow is clean clean clean for our Easter guests and stuff all the eggs for the kids hunt!

Sunday I have Easter dinner at our house!!

Happy Easter everyone!!!

Yay Friday! This week has been dragging! But I am cutting out of work early to get a haircut in an hour or so.
Tomorrow will be preppy Easter dinner, trying to squeeze in a visit to my parents (Wednesday if not) then off to our last theater show of the season.
Sunday we'll be hosting a smallish Easter dinner. Then the countdown to our long weekend in VT is on. Looked at the weather there and it looks chilly but not freezing so that's good.
Yay for haircuts!

How has the week gone for you?
I've kept to my exercise schedule every day this week, even if I only had ten minutes to devote to treadmill time. - I've found that the preservation of the routine is more important in the long run than the number of minutes on any one night.

What are your plans for the weekend?

Saturday - a walk if the weather is nice, wrapping some birthday presents, and lots of reading.
Sunday - Easter dinner with MIL & FIL, and quality "puppy time" with their adorable little dog.

Sorry I haven’t been around. Parent/Teacher Conferences took up Wednesday and Thursday. Conferences were rather challenging, but when they were done, WOO HOO!!! Spring Break started!

I am thankful that I got my observation write-up from last week, and it was exemplary! I am thankful for 10 days off of school and the mental health break I really need.

Happy Easter everyone!

7CA923A3-7128-462A-A5C9-17235FC3F3C5.jpeg

We missed doing chores for my parents last weekend because of DH's cold so this weekend we are doing that. We'll drive up tomorrow. And my mom just reminded me of a local fresh fish and chips place that is open on the weekends only. We know what we're having for lunch!!!!

SOCIAL SATURDAY

1650119313743.png

Somehow I'm not having the technical skills to successfully post a link this morning, so let's try some Disney questions.

What types of Disney vacations have you taken... trips to the parks/which ones, cruises, adventures? Which would you like to do?

When was your last Disney trip and when will your next one be?

What are some things you do every trip?

Favorite Disney restaurant, food, snack or food "experience"?

Favorite Disney ride, show or
experience?

What is something you wish you could do during a Disney trip?

What types of Disney vacations have you taken... trips to the parks/which ones, cruises, adventures? Which would you like to do? - I've been on 9 trips that involved WDW - everything from day trips during a visit with relatives to off-site stays to Disney resorts.

I'm not particularly interested in cruises, but I would like to get to Disneyland sometime, and maybe Aulani.

When was your last Disney trip and when will your next one be? -
First trip was my honeymoon in 1997, most recent was a Christmas trip in 2018 ( mini trip report ), and I don't have the next one planned yet.

What are some things you do every trip? -
Take a picture of DS by the Mickey Mouse relief statue at the Orlando airport - coolest growth chart ever!

Favorite Disney restaurant, food, snack or food "experience"? -
Garden Grill, because it was DS's favorite on his first "big" trip at 5 years old. He loved it so much we made another reservation during the same week (you could do that in person back then) and I've had a soft spot for it ever since.

Favorite Disney ride, show or
experience? - Oooh, very difficult - usually whatever ride we just got off of!

What is something you wish you could do during a Disney trip? -
Stay in the treehouses!

What types of Disney vacations have you taken... trips to the parks/which ones, cruises, adventures? Which would you like to do?
We have been on several to WDW and one to Disneyland. We shall return to WDW to plan DD's wedding, then again for her wedding. I would like to return to Disneyland for a relaxing vacation.

When was your last Disney trip and when will your next one be?
WDW in 2018 and Disneyland in 2019. When DD gets engaged, and not one moment sooner.

What are some things you do every trip?
Spend majority of our time in MK with a day or two in Epcot. Visit DD's photo at Leave a Legacy outside Epcot from our very first trip, and take a new photo of her with her original photo. Fireworks cruise. Rent a cabana or patio by the pool for a couple of days. Have breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table, dinner and breakfast at 'Ohana, dinner and fireworks at California Grill, and dinner at Narcoossee's, and a meal at Crystal Palace. We used to love 50's Primetime until people stopped being fun there. Shop too much, lol.

Favorite Disney restaurant, food, snack or food "experience"?
Fireworks cruise.

Favorite Disney ride, show or experience?
Magic Kingdom days. 25th anniversary vow renewal.

What is something you wish you could do during a Disney trip?

I would love to stay in Cinderella's castle. Also, I would love to ride whatever we want without huge crowds and long lines in a relaxed manner. No other vacation requires such an OCD level of planning and timing. I want to be calm, chill, and really have fun without so much work. I need a vacation from my vacation when I get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter