April 2022 Anyone?

Jen81NYC, welcome! We’ll be at the Poly at the same time with our 7 year old son. You can see my ADR list above, I’ve also added Jungle Skipper since then.

Genie+ is so new I think almost no one is really prepared … but these boards (and the Touring Plans blog) have left me feeling moderately confident, at least!
Oh nice! Are you a pro or is this your first family trip? I think this is probably one and done for us. ETA: just noticed your profile pic so I’m guessing you’re a pro, haha

Last edited:
Oh nice! Are you a pro or is this your first family trip? I think this is probably one and done for us. ETA: just noticed your profile pic so I’m guessing you’re a pro, haha

Ha, yes! It’s our fourth family trip. First time at the Poly, though!

I just made my dining reservations this morning. I'm not sure if it was me or what (I like to think of myself as pretty tech-savvy) but I had a difficult time getting them done. When I first logged in I couldn't choose any other date besides the day I arrived. We get there April 23rd and every other day of our trip was greyed out. My plan was to head straight to the last day of our trip to make a reservation for Space 220 and work backward from there. It would not let me select it. I was eventually able to find a work around and I got that (on our last night) and the Ooga's Cantina that I wanted.

I was also making a reservation for a large group for one of the nights and when I couldn't get a reservation at the place we wanted intially - I tried to input our party size and date to see what else was out there and I was told that I couldn't search at this time. It was very frustrating and was making me late for work! In the end we did fine and I'm started to get really excited! Anyone else encounter trouble?

Made all my ADRs yesterday and got what we want! It was a little tricky, sometimes the app wouldn't work and I had to use my Disney experience on the web not from the app. Other times I used my lap top with chrome or explorer. It was a little time consuming but we managed to get topolinos dinner for 6 ppl, Oga's for 6 people, Narcoossee's for 4 ppl, Toledo for 6ppl and Sebastian's for 6ppl

Made all my ADRs yesterday and got what we want! It was a little tricky, sometimes the app wouldn't work and I had to use my Disney experience on the web not from the app. Other times I used my lap top with chrome or explorer. It was a little time consuming but we managed to get topolinos dinner for 6 ppl, Oga's for 6 people, Narcoossee's for 4 ppl, Toledo for 6ppl and Sebastian's for 6ppl
So glad you got what you want! I guess in all of my reading about planning for ADRs I did not see that Safari isn't recommended and that I should have opted for Chrome. I think that was where I was hung up this morning. But it all worked out well.

Did not get our ADRs for our upcoming April trip. Missing a 4/24 Jungle Canteen Dinner for 5, 4/26 Space 220 for 2 lunch (lounge or restaurant), 4/27 'Ohana Dinner for 5. Now what? should i assume they are gone or is there hope on one opening up?

Did not get our ADRs for our upcoming April trip. Missing a 4/24 Jungle Canteen Dinner for 5, 4/26 Space 220 for 2 lunch (lounge or restaurant), 4/27 'Ohana Dinner for 5. Now what? should i assume they are gone or is there hope on one opening up?
I've had great success with Touringplans free reservation finder.

Keep trying!! People drop reservations a lot. Yesterday was our 60, and I couldn’t get anything for Topolino’s breakfast our entire trip at 6 am. Then I was obsessively checking all day and late last night was able to grab one that popped up for our departure day. Don’t lose hope!!!

Have you tried using an ADR finder in the past? I have used the TPs one as well as mouse dining and usually have good luck the closer I get to the dates. Also, don't forget about walk up reservations. And, by all means, you have to keep checking and checking often. They do open up but it's just timing and luck. Gotta be fast.

Ladies and gentlemen,

Only doing 2 park days in our April trip. Saturday and Monday before Easter.

Any suggestions? It's MK and Epcot. I see Epcot has extended evening hours on Monday. Will they likely change park hours before April?

Pulling into The Fort on April 24th until May 1st - can't wait!! Our daughter and their family get the fun job of calling an Uber/Lyftt at the airport to join us now that it's not as easy as hopping on Disney's Magical Express for free.

Made only one DR for the 7 of us - on our off day from the parks we will be going to lunch at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge to enjoy the Skillet meals. Hopefully besides the "sass" you get from the wait staff, some other antics will be back in place for our 2 grandkids to get a kick out of. Who knows, we may make more ressies but for now that's all Grandma and Grandpa can afford lol.

Memory Maker has been purchased by DD and we're going to try to enjoy the parks without paying extra to get on different attactions. Well that's the plan anyway ;)

Hopefully mandates will be changed yet again and we all won't have to worry about finding a testing site and getting tests within required times to come back home.

After cancelling last year's trip, this has been a long time coming and so deserved after the passing of my mother last year. Then once we're back home here in Canada the house will be a mess with a complete reno of our basement. After that the bank account will probably be pretty low on funds but hey we might have enough to book the next family vacation in a few years on a Disney Cruise instead of returning to the Fort.

We will arrive on Monday, April 4th for a weeklong trip. We usually get six day tickets, but this year we are going to do just three park days and skip Animal Kingdom. That does leave us with a lot more down time than we are used to, but high prices and huge crowds have convinced us to slow things down a bit. Perhaps we will try a water park or mini golf. We did consider having a day at Universal, but tickets for three of us for one day are $400. That's just too much $$ for one day. We'll be dining at the Grand Floridian Cafe our first evening and watching the fireworks from the dock. Tuesday will be a full Magic Kingdom day and our first foray into using Genie+. Wednesday is a day off for the pool at Bonnet Creek. Thursday is a full day at Epcot Flower and Garden. Friday is another day off from parks to visit Disney Springs. Saturday will be Hollywood Studios and we were very fortunate to get a reservation at Oga's Cantina which I am very much looking forward to finally seeing. Sunday is another day to relax and perhaps have breakfast at Boma so we can see the animals at AKL.

Us too!!! So excited!!
When do you check in? At the Fort? Hopefully we get the 1100 loop. Stayed in 2100 last time but FH the pad was a little too narrow and easy to roll over on an ankle at the edge (believe me, I know ;) )

@WDWOswald I hear you about Universal prices. Our kids have wanted to go back since we cut our day visit short the day before Hurricane Opal in October 1995 and I know a lot has changed but last time we checked their prices were more than Disney's. Sometimes I hate being so fond of Fort Wilderness and WDW. $$$

Last edited:
I have a late breakfast scheduled for Chef Mickey's on our MK day. It's actually more like lunchtime (12:15). Do you think it's worth leaving the park to eat over there? or is it better to stay in the park and then take a break?

I have a late breakfast scheduled for Chef Mickey's on our MK day. It's actually more like lunchtime (12:15). Do you think it's worth leaving the park to eat over there? or is it better to stay in the park and then take a break?
It might be worth leaving the park to get an a/c break and rest your feet if you head into the park early that day. Then you can just take a short walk/monorail ride back to the park after your meal when you'll be ready for some more heat and steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter