*April 2019 - Check in*

Okay, now we can leave! Daughter and I got nails done tonight, with very wonky looking ears on them

I’m ignoring the fact that we haven’t started packing yet. The dog got an emergency trip to the vet today because he was having digestive issues...turned out to be some kind of bacterial overgrowth in his gut.

I am SO READY for this vacation!!!!

Attachments

• 9ED214FB-C419-48E2-855B-35E22F976AC5.jpeg
    9ED214FB-C419-48E2-855B-35E22F976AC5.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 60
Just a warning that they have not had all security lines up and running in the mornings on the downtown Disney side. It’s been very frustrating with long lines. One metal detector and two lines is not enough for the two hotels. Plan to go through before 6:30am if you want to make it to magic hours from DLH or PP. The evenings and afternoons have been random as to when it is easy to get though. Honestly with crowds as they are, I don’t know how they expect two inspectors to be enough? Even for dinner going back in has been a nightmare. And they never have a bag free line which seems counter intuitive. It has really soured us on future stays at DLH and PP. Harbor seems like it’s been better and has had more lines open.

Just a warning that they have not had all security lines up and running in the mornings on the downtown Disney side. It’s been very frustrating with long lines. One metal detector and two lines is not enough for the two hotels. Plan to go through before 6:30am if you want to make it to magic hours from DLH or PP. The evenings and afternoons have been random as to when it is easy to get though. Honestly with crowds as they are, I don’t know how they expect two inspectors to be enough? Even for dinner going back in has been a nightmare. And they never have a bag free line which seems counter intuitive. It has really soured us on future stays at DLH and PP. Harbor seems like it’s been better and has had more lines open.
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with security lines. That is really frustrating. We stayed at DLH during Thanksgiving last year and they had at least 4 lines open. Spring break is also busy, so it's bizarre they don't have an adequate amount of lines open.

I hope the rest of your trip has been going well!

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with security lines. That is really frustrating. We stayed at DLH during Thanksgiving last year and they had at least 4 lines open. Spring break is also busy, so it's bizarre they don't have an adequate amount of lines open.

I hope the rest of your trip has been going well!
Yes! Of course. We are having a blast. I just wanted to warn others about security being an issue. It’s been frustrating but we don’t let it ruin a trip! We are still in Disney!

Just back! Posted a little update on the main thread but basically it was AWESOME and PACKED.

Agree w PP who mentioned the security lines being under-manned. We would try to get there by 6:30 every morning so it wasn’t terrible but I could see how it would be a total bottleneck if you came much later....

We saw a guy eating 2 churros at once - man, I want to be him when I grow up! I already miss my daily churro fix

Okay, now we can leave! Daughter and I got nails done tonight, with very wonky looking ears on them

I’m ignoring the fact that we haven’t started packing yet. The dog got an emergency trip to the vet today because he was having digestive issues...turned out to be some kind of bacterial overgrowth in his gut.

I am SO READY for this vacation!!!!

The nails are so cute! Wishing you the best vacation.

It’s so hard to be at work right now. My assistant called out sick basically because it’s Monday, and all I can think about is everything that I have to do before we leave. So I’m doing double the work, and I am just plain frustrated.

Two more days after today...

It’s so hard to be at work right now. My assistant called out sick basically because it’s Monday, and all I can think about is everything that I have to do before we leave. So I’m doing double the work, and I am just plain frustrated.

Hang in there! Just keep swimming... Really hoping for pixie dust in the parks for you on this trip! That no matter what happens before and during, the magic will find you and that you and your family will enjoy your time together at DLR. :)

I'm so sorry! I hope these last few days of work go by quickly for you.

Hang in there! Just keep swimming... Really hoping for pixie dust in the parks for you on this trip! That no matter what happens before and during, the magic will find you and that you and your family will enjoy your time together at DLR. :)
OMG. You are so kind. Thank you.

Hey, it stopped raining for you! We're having nice, sunny, warm weather for a change! (In Southern CA -- how novel!) That in and of itself is huge! You'll get to enjoy some pool time after all. :)
It's surprising that you've had rain, but I'm sure you need it to prevent wild fires.

I really hope that we will be able to swim. Being in the northeast where the temps vary from 30's-60's on any given day in the spring, I'm really looking forward to thawing out, soaking up the sun, and enjoying the pool. The temps for next week are ranging from 68-76 degrees. Do you know if the pools are heated at the Disneyland Hotel?

It's surprising that you've had rain, but I'm sure you need it to prevent wild fires.

I really hope that we will be able to swim. Being in the northeast where the temps vary from 30's-60's on any given day in the spring, I'm really looking forward to thawing out, soaking up the sun, and enjoying the pool. The temps for next week are ranging from 68-76 degrees. Do you know if the pools are heated at the Disneyland Hotel?
The pools are heated -- in fact, I don't know of any pools around here that aren't! Those temps look quite pleasant -- what we call "good parks weather," i.e. not too hot, not too cold.

We are here now and just had a great first (half) day. We were up super early this morning to make the drive from Sacramento. Made it here by 1pm, scanned into DCA (at the GCH entrance) & booked a FP for Guardians then checked in. Our room is awesome -- great view of the monorail, and they were able to adjoin our room with my parents room. We rode Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc, Guardians, Soarin, and Goofys Sky School before we called it quits and got a delicous dinner at White Water Snacks to take back to our rooms. Going to bed early to make it for EMH at DL tomorrow. Very magical so far!

Last edited:
We are here now and just had a great first (half) day. We were up super early this morning to make the drive from Sacramento. Made it here by 1pm, scanned into DCA (at the GCH entrance) & booked a FP for Guardians then checked in. Our room is awesome -- great view of the monorail, and they were able to adjoin our room with my parents room. We rode Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc, Guardians, Soarin, and Goofys Sky School before we called it quits and got a delicous dinner at White Water Snacks to take back to our rooms. Going to bed early to make it for EMH at DL tomorrow. Very magical so far!

That's awesome! How's the weather? It looks like crowds are light(ish) today!

Amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter