*April 2019 - Check in*

I'm heading to DL/DCA 4/2-5 for a mostly solo visit, to savour some Food and Wine and ride the rides that won't give me a heart attack (sorry, Guardians of the Galaxy, lol!) Since my DH won't be joining me, I welcome any other travelers who'd like to meet up in the parks on these dates. I love visiting solo, but three days is too much solo for me. :)
My daughter and I will be there the 4th-7th! You have to go on Guardians!

Some peoples' trips are SO close! And 4 weeks from tomorrow we will be on our way! I was excited to see video of Jessie's Critter Carousel up and running!

My DH and I are going the 5th-7th. Itll be my first time to any Disney it will be his 10th? time to DLR, but last time he went was before we were married (ten years ago). So we are celebrating his birthday, our ten year anniversary, and my first time! I know its wishful thinking, but I keep hoping something magical happens and I can see the castle :-(

My DH and I are going the 5th-7th. Itll be my first time to any Disney it will be his 10th? time to DLR, but last time he went was before we were married (ten years ago). So we are celebrating his birthday, our ten year anniversary, and my first time! I know its wishful thinking, but I keep hoping something magical happens and I can see the castle :-(

I am in major castle denial. Like you, I keep hoping for some magic to happen with the castle. I remember months ago feeling sorry for people whose trips to Disneyland occurred when this refurb was going on- thinking there is NO WAY it will still be covered by spring break.

And even though I’ve known about the Disneyland hotel waterslides being down since before we booked our stay there, I still can’t help but hope for them to finish early and open! What can I say, I’m an eternal optimist- or delusional...one of the two!

So exciting. We're leaving on Friday after my husband gets home from work. This week, every work day I get through puts me one day closer to Disneyland! We're leaving Friday night and driving from Portland to Anaheim. Our first park day is Sunday. We're hoping to make it into the Los Angeles area early enough on Saturday to hit up the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. Then we'll head over to Anaheim and probably have dinner in Downtown Disney and go to bed early. We start our Disneyland trip with 7:15am Steakhouse 55 breakfast reservations!

Just 2 weeks for us until Disneyland, and 11 days until we leave. We fly to Arizona on the 11th to spend a couple days with family, then drive to the Disneyland Hotel on the 14th staying until the 20th.

It feels unreal right now. DD and I haven’t flown since 2004. This will be interesting...

I am in major castle denial. Like you, I keep hoping for some magic to happen with the castle. I remember months ago feeling sorry for people whose trips to Disneyland occurred when this refurb was going on- thinking there is NO WAY it will still be covered by spring break.

And even though I’ve known about the Disneyland hotel waterslides being down since before we booked our stay there, I still can’t help but hope for them to finish early and open! What can I say, I’m an eternal optimist- or delusional...one of the two!

I'm in denial too - and we leave on Saturday LOL

Hi Disboarders!!! I'm VERY late to the party here. I'm arriving in Disneyland April 14th..for the FIRST TIME visit!! We are staying at the Fairfield. We have been to Disney World more times than I have kept track of, and we are DVC members. I will have to go back to the beginning of this thread and read it through as soon as I have a chance. I know that Disneyland is like Disney World before Fastpass+, except that we will have MaxPass. It sounds like a dream! Do you all know where I can find a list of all the attractions in each of the 2 parks, hopefully marked as to whether or not the WDW version is the same or different, or if its a Disneyland exclusive like the Mattahorn (Murderhorn).

PP, for some reason it's not letting me quote you, but here's a reply-

Welcome! If you have any questions just let us know. Some of us are Disneyland vets and can probably answer most of your questions.

As for a list of attractions, I like using the TouringPlans list: https://touringplans.com/disneyland/attractions

It rates each attraction and has a small description. Unfortunately no info on Disneyland exclusives though.

Disneyland Daily wrote an article on 10 Disneyland exclusive attractions (although I imagine there are some things that are missing): https://disneylanddaily.com/10-awesome-attractions-disneyland-has-that-disney-world-does-not

PP, for some reason it's not letting me quote you, but here's a reply-

Welcome! If you have any questions just let us know. Some of us are Disneyland vets and can probably answer most of your questions.

As for a list of attractions, I like using the TouringPlans list: https://touringplans.com/disneyland/attractions

It rates each attraction and has a small description. Unfortunately no info on Disneyland exclusives though.

Disneyland Daily wrote an article on 10 Disneyland exclusive attractions (although I imagine there are some things that are missing): https://disneylanddaily.com/10-awesome-attractions-disneyland-has-that-disney-world-does-not

Thank you so much!! I will go on Touringplans and see what they have. My biggest question right this moment is WHAT will we expect the weather to be like April 14-19th? I am so used to Florida, I have no idea what to expect. I live near Washington DC, and it has been entirely too cold this spring. We have yet to have more than a couple days above 60!! Tomorrow should be one. What will I need to bring weatherwise? Rainwear? shorts, capris, long pants, jackets? Is it cooler in the morning and evening like spring in Florida can be? Thanks for all your help.

Thank you so much!! I will go on Touringplans and see what they have. My biggest question right this moment is WHAT will we expect the weather to be like April 14-19th? I am so used to Florida, I have no idea what to expect. I live near Washington DC, and it has been entirely too cold this spring. We have yet to have more than a couple days above 60!! Tomorrow should be one. What will I need to bring weatherwise? Rainwear? shorts, capris, long pants, jackets? Is it cooler in the morning and evening like spring in Florida can be? Thanks for all your help.
I think it'll be very pleasant. We went last year during the same time frame and it was high 60s/low 70s for the highs and 50s for the lows. The weather forecast for the next week or so looks pretty similar. I think dressing in layers is key. A light sweatshirt/hoodie/jacket for the mornings and nights would be useful to have just in case. I always pack a few pairs of shorts too since I tend to run a bit hot. Make sure to check the weather forecast about a week before to start getting a better idea.

... My biggest question right this moment is WHAT will we expect the weather to be like April 14-19th? I am so used to Florida, I have no idea what to expect. I live near Washington DC, and it has been entirely too cold this spring. We have yet to have more than a couple days above 60!! Tomorrow should be one. What will I need to bring weatherwise? Rainwear? shorts, capris, long pants, jackets? Is it cooler in the morning and evening like spring in Florida can be? Thanks for all your help.
This sticky link has LOTS of information:* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! Check HydroGuy's tip compilation link -- there are weather information threads there that can help you. Also, abc7.com is a local news station with local weather forecasts -- check that starting a week or so before your trip and especially a few days before. That will give you a better idea of what's going on out here. Regardless of the specific temps, layers will be your friend!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter