April 2018 Discount Watch

I booked POR River View for my 10 day late April trip. Way less of a discount than I was hoping to see. It's almost the same exact cost as last May's 2 nights POFQ River View, 1 night CSR King, and 7 BWI Standard. So 3 nights Moderate + 7 nights Deluxe in 2017 = 10 nights Moderate in 2018.

I'm still crossing my fingers that they'll release an AP discount of 25 or 30%.

Okay so after I threw my temper tantrum I opted to cancel my Poly reservation and go for Grand Floridian Club level. So now I'm spending even MORE money. But at least I feel like I'm getting more for what I'm paying getting the club level for 20% off and getting the extra day at the park. I love the Poly. It's a darn shame. I'll visit and have a cocktail one night. Sigh.

It says that none of the offers are good for my dates/room type (CBR-early May-standard room). Anyone else have this issue? I'm on hold to try to call in. Anyone have better luck with calling than with online?

I got the BWI for 20% off for the few days I needed. Better than nothing I guess. I will hope AP rates will come out that are a little better.

BWV seems to be a decent deal with about 20% off room rates for a 1BR. BCV is 10%. Really need to get educated on renting points. . .

10% off at the contemporary... I'll take it. Was hoping for 20, will take anything as it could've been no offers and we'd still go.

It says that none of the offers are good for my dates/room type (CBR-early May-standard room). Anyone else have this issue? I'm on hold to try to call in. Anyone have better luck with calling than with online?

There were very few, if any, standard rooms at CBR included. With over 600 less rooms at CBR as years past, they are running at their target occupancy at rack rate for all room types except the Pirate Themed rooms.

Last edited:
I did a quick check online and it looks like we only save an extra $10 or something piddly like that off our existing rate at Pop for 4/11-4/18... Not sure if it's worthwhile trying to call in to change for that.

I had a king room at CBR april 18 for 10 nights with the $75 gift card. I just got about $30 off per night. and he went through guest services to make sure I keep the gift card. not bad. unfortunately for families, all that showed available at cbr was king or pirate. I was happy with what I got. but it's true hardly anything available at 6 am this morning chgo time for values or moderates.

I'm glad I went with the TA offer I got. We're paying $192 a night (tax included) for a standard room at POFQ. Disney's offer at Riverside still doesn't even come close to being that good.
We're paying 315.00 a night[tax included] at WL through a TA. I thought that was a lot, but now looks great compared to Disney's offer.

I have found Undercover tourist to offer better rates then WDW. 337 tax included for Animal Kingdom. I haven't checked Orbitz yet, but they will usually stack WDW discounts with theirs which would make it 35% off.

I'm glad I went with the TA offer I got. We're paying $192 a night (tax included) for a standard room at POFQ. Disney's offer at Riverside still doesn't even come close to being that good.

Who is your TA, we’re waiting for AP discount for April but are currently at 245 a night from 4/11-4/20

Was very happy with my reservation switch to AKL. My reservation was at WL standard view and switched to AKL Savannah Room and got an extra day with park hopper free. This was my first choice but was too high so we went with WL. Was a little more for the switch but with Savannah Room couldn't pass it up. Going April 20-27. Can't wait!!!

We have two Poly standard rooms booked at rack rate. Checked at 5am this morning and cheapest thing available with discount was theme park view, but it was still more than standard at rack rate. Still holding out hope for an AP discount, but getting less and less confident we are going to get a discount. Repeat of our trip in December. Never could get a discount for standard room at poly.

We had been watching GF but rooms were 640ish. We are passholders and I checked last night and was seeing 502. Normally, we go to ebates, and use one of the travel companies, orbitz etc, using an additional coupon, but the rooms are showing 628 or higher. So we booked the 502 and will keep an eye out.

No discount available on my April 15-21 reservation at Beach Club. I got a code in the mail a few months ago and is a better deal than the new discounts but we'd still have to switch resorts (probably move to BWV) and I don't really want to. This trip could be the last family trip for a while, since my oldest is starting college in the fall and has told us he doesn't want to do any more vacations, and we're celebrating lots of things while we're there (including my birthday) and I just have my heart set on Beach Club. It's just so hard to pass on the potential savings if we switched.

No discount available on my April 15-21 reservation at Beach Club. I got a code in the mail a few months ago and is a better deal than the new discounts but we'd still have to switch resorts (probably move to BWV) and I don't really want to. This trip could be the last family trip for a while, since my oldest is starting college in the fall and has told us he doesn't want to do any more vacations, and we're celebrating lots of things while we're there (including my birthday) and I just have my heart set on Beach Club. It's just so hard to pass on the potential savings if we switched.

I had been trying to book the Beach Club for the end of your dates. My TA told me there was a convention there that had booked up most of the rooms. I am not expecting discounted rooms to open up. :sad:

Question for the thread

We’re staying at POFQ from 4/11-4/19 and have AP. The current AP discount stops on 4/14 We were able to apply the AP discount on those nights. If and when the new AP discount comes out beginning on 4/15 would I be able to apply it to the 2nd half of my trip, or only 1 discount per reservation. And if that’s the case can I reboot as a split stay at the same resort. Thanks in advance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter