• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

Park hours are slowly getting added for our days. DL open 8am - midnight on a Tue, I guess they expect big crowds. Five hours longer than todays DL hours. At least they are doing fireworks mid-week so our fireworks view room won't go to waste, lol.

Park hours are slowly getting added for our days. DL open 8am - midnight on a Tue, I guess they expect big crowds. Five hours longer than todays DL hours. At least they are doing fireworks mid-week so our fireworks view room won't go to waste, lol.

That's great! I was so focused on the hours that I totally missed that there were fireworks scheduled. See you there!

Getting closer! It's always exciting to me to see the hours start to open up. I'll be able to see the start of my park days in 2 more days. I'm anxious to see how the parade and firework schedules pan out.

Getting closer! It's always exciting to me to see the hours start to open up. I'll be able to see the start of my park days in 2 more days. I'm anxious to see how the parade and firework schedules pan out.

Tomorrow we should see the first day of our park days show up with hours. Hoping for a 9am not 8am open for DCA because we're driving from LA that morning. We could manage a 9am rope drop but not an 8am.

0800 til 0000 in DL for all our days there (16 and 18) and 0900 til 2200 for the day we had planned DCA (17th). Which makes MM on Tues at DL 7-8am and I just don't know if we can do that, or if I want to! With 2 DL days, might I be better doing MM at DCA at the more civilised 8-9am on Mon 17th and cramming as much into the two DL days as we can...

Guess I should wait for fireworks schedule too

0800 til 0000 in DL for all our days there (16 and 18) and 0900 til 2200 for the day we had planned DCA (17th). Which makes MM on Tues at DL 7-8am and I just don't know if we can do that, or if I want to! With 2 DL days, might I be better doing MM at DCA at the more civilised 8-9am on Mon 17th and cramming as much into the two DL days as we can...

Guess I should wait for fireworks schedule too

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think MM is only at Disneyland, not California adventure. Unless you are staying on property and can use extra magic hours.

Ah ok, that problem solved! Getting confused between the different names. Last time we had military tickets and they didn't have that option then. But the price was awesome!

It's all quite exciting! I have 41 days to go!
I think we will only get one fireworks night though, that being Sunday the 23rd
I'm anxiously awaiting for the entertainment schedule to be released/updated, just in case there will be fireworks all week of the 23rd.

fingers crossed

I don't like the 8:00am opening either because we could never manage to do a 7:00am magic morning. Vacation and 6:00am wake-up don't go together for me. ;) We just start at whatever park doesn't have an early entrance that morning and that usually works pretty well.

I had forgotten I made two hotel reservations for Disney at different places. Cancelled the Fairfield and kept the Hojo reservation. Also finally reserved our hotel for San Diego - yay! Now just have to get around to making some dining reservations and we should be all set.

Jumping in! Getting excited for our 3-day trip (Apr 3-5), staying at GCH, getting 1-park per day tickets. Planning to do EMH/MM at DCA and then DL - and will let our kids (DS10, DD6, & DD 17mo) decide which park to do for our last day.

Got lunch reservations at Cafe Orleans and dinner at Carnation Cafe, but going to wing our meals for DCA - the food festival looks really amazing but I am not sure how kids will do, we'll probably do our old standby (Mexican and burgers)

Getting really excited!

I finally decided to call and check on World of Color Dessert party reservations for Tues, April 25 since I have never been able to pull up that date. I was told, after a check with a supervisor, that the dessert party is blocked off that night for a private event. Now I'm very curious who would rent out the whole dessert party area.

Checking in
Our family of 5 arrive April 14-18
Any suggestions for a hotel with a great pool area, and a separate bedroom (snorer in the family)
Thanks!

Just switched my hotel from Candy Cane Inn to Grand Legacy- saving over $100! While the breakfast won't be as good, the savings is still worth switching. Still checking in April 30th!

It's a great area! I grew up in Napa, but Sonoma County is just as beautiful and it's also less congested. I love the proximity to the coast and San Francisco. The climate is nearly perfect, athisthisnot too far from Disneyland. :)

I second your sentiments. :)

I finally decided to call and check on World of Color Dessert party reservations for Tues, April 25 since I have never been able to pull up that date. I was told, after a check with a supervisor, that the dessert party is blocked off that night for a private event. Now I'm very curious who would rent out the whole dessert party area.

Could be an individual celebrating their birthday or anniversary or other special occasion. Maybe it's a corporate booking. Sounds fun....

Fingers crossed that the new FP machines are up and running when arrive (4/17-4/21) my family loves TSMM but the wait is always a bit of a bummer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter