April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

Hello to all! Im double dipping between this one and the May check in thread! :earboy2:
Just recently added a day to our trip so me, dh and our two boys will be there 4/29 thru 5/4. Woo hoo!!!

when I called to make my ADR's the cast member was able to provide me with April hours for those dates minus Saturday:

Sunday 4/23 DL 0800-0000; DCA 0900-2200
Monday 4/24 DL 0900-2100; DCA 1000-2000
Tuesday 4/25 DL 0900-2100; DCA 0900-2000
Wednesday 4/26 DL 0900-2100; DCA 0900-2000

strange to me that DCA opens at 1000 on monday and 0900 the rest....

Interesting. I've been looking at the park hours, which aren't posted yet for our dates. Looking at it from a dining perspective, I was able to do a dummy res for Blue Bayou for 9:50pm on Tuesday 4/18. Anyone experienced enough to know what type of park hours that signifies for DL?

Count us in! April 3-7 We're WDW vets and this is our first trip to Disneyland. So excited! Last two nights of our trip we'll be staying at GCH thanks to a last minute waitlist coming through!:tigger:

Count us in! April 3-7 We're WDW vets and this is our first trip to Disneyland. So excited! Last two nights of our trip we'll be staying at GCH thanks to a last minute waitlist coming through!:tigger:

How nice to have the waitlist come through! I really love the ambiance at the Grand and you cannot beat the walk...as long as your room is not at the very end of the hallway that is! :eek:

How nice to have the waitlist come through! I really love the ambiance at the Grand and you cannot beat the walk...as long as your room is not at the very end of the hallway that is! :eek:

Aladora, we are thrilled to be able to stay there. We are Disneyworld vets but this trip is actually going to be one full of firsts for us ... first time on the west coast, seeing the Pacific ocean or visiting Disneyland. We're going to be walking around all googly eyed.:hyper2:

About GCH, I have read that you cannot do online check-in there. Do you know if that's correct? How do you go about making room requests? What would you consider to be good location?

Aladora, we are thrilled to be able to stay there. We are Disneyworld vets but this trip is actually going to be one full of firsts for us ... first time on the west coast, seeing the Pacific ocean or visiting Disneyland. We're going to be walking around all googly eyed.:hyper2:

About GCH, I have read that you cannot do online check-in there. Do you know if that's correct? How do you go about making room requests? What would you consider to be good location?

You are correct, there is no online check in. As for room requests, I would try for a room near the elevator and if possible, not near the end of the hallway. The hallways are really long so the walk home can be far. We were in an interesting place, very close to the staircase to go down towards the DTD exit so we were perfectly happy to walk down the stairs but going back to the room we had to take the main elevator and walk down almost to the end of the hallways.

I've said it before but I am pretty sure that the walk back to our GCH room is as far (if not further) as our room at PPH. Now, this was back when PPH guests could still cut through the GCH to get to the DTD entrance but now that the shortcut is limited to GCH guests only, PPH guests will have a longer walk.

Other than room requests, did you have any other DLR specific questions?

I'm trying to decide what to do about an Easter basket for my daughter. We are flying to DL, and she helps with the packing, so squeezing it into a suitcase could be problematic. The Disney baskets cost a fortune and don't have much in them (if I could even get one delivered to the Tropicana).

Does anyone have any fun or creative suggestions for the Easter Bunny?

I'm trying to decide what to do about an Easter basket for my daughter. We are flying to DL, and she helps with the packing, so squeezing it into a suitcase could be problematic. The Disney baskets cost a fortune and don't have much in them (if I could even get one delivered to the Tropicana).

How old? I used a cute beach bag last year for my dd (13 at the time). In addition to the candy I added sunblock, some cute hair accessories and a wet brush.

Hi Everyone!! I need some advice, family of 4 going to WDW in April (13-21). We have the POFQ booked now but with an AP discount was considering changing to the Poly or BC. While I love all those resorts, I was wondering if anyone has had first hand experiences at these resorts for Easter. My kids love the candy scramble and I was wondering if the BC's candy scramble was insanely crowded? The one we did at POFR was awesome and not crowded at all. I'm trying to choose a resort that will make Easter special for us. If anyone can provide any info, I would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Hi Everyone!! I need some advice, family of 4 going to WDW in April (13-21). We have the POFQ booked now but with an AP discount was considering changing to the Poly or BC. While I love all those resorts, I was wondering if anyone has had first hand experiences at these resorts for Easter. My kids love the candy scramble and I was wondering if the BC's candy scramble was insanely crowded? The one we did at POFR was awesome and not crowded at all. I'm trying to choose a resort that will make Easter special for us. If anyone can provide any info, I would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
I think you might have meant this for the Disney world forums.:)

I booked our dining for Apr. 30. The only day of the trip that falls in April :rotfl: The rest of the trip is May
So Napa Rose it is....celebrating DH's birthday

Me again! I couldn't wait to find out hours. I just called disney dining ADR and talked to a nice guy who told me that the entire week of the 16th thru the 22nd DL is open 8am to 12am. And DCA is open til 10pm all nights. He said a couple days open at 8am but most are 9am (he wasn't specific on which ones and I didn't dig).

We had the Easter Bunny leave them at home last year. When we left for vacation I ran back inside the house real quick and left the baskets with a note saying "Sorry I missed you, hope you had fun at Disneyland." I didn't want to hassle with taking them back and forth. The kids were super excited when they got home and found it waiting for them.

We had the Easter Bunny leave them at home last year. When we left for vacation I ran back inside the house real quick and left the baskets with a note saying "Sorry I missed you, hope you had fun at Disneyland." I didn't want to hassle with taking them back and forth. The kids were super excited when they got home and found it waiting for them.

This is totally what I'd do. Or do it the week before and say you asked the EB if he/she would come a week early.

I'm so excited to post on this thread! DH and I are taking our DD (5y) for her first trip 4/13 & 4/14!! Our 2 DS (12y & 13y), my mom and in-laws will be coming, too!
We will be staying at the Fairfield Marriott.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter