April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

Thanks! That's okay. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

That makes me feel a little better. Is there something in particular that makes the first lunch desirable? I definitely plan to do BB lunch, but I hadn't thought about times much. I assumed I would just pick from what was left, but it sounds like I'll have every option, which is both scary and awesome. Ha!
Just that they're able to be more accommodating of a request to sit waterside when it's the first lunch of the day. Later on, it depends on availability.

Just that they're able to be more accommodating of a request to sit waterside when it's the first lunch of the day. Later on, it depends on availability.
We are a family of 4 and have eaten at BB numerous times during prime time dinner time during summer, spring and over TG and have always gotten waterside tables. You will probably be OK.

We just booked for April 21-25 using the Canadian resident ticket offer. I think we're going to stay at the Candy Cane Inn. Booked Ariel's Grotto and Blue Bayou and Anna and Elsa's boutique for my oldest.

Hi!!
We are coming from Canada too. BC in fact. What about you? I haven't booked it yet but we plan to do BB MSEP on the 25th. We are there April 24-30.

I just noticed that there are quite a few of us on this thread from Canada, specifically from BC so I thought this might be a fun question!

If you are comfortable posting, where is everyone from and what is one thing you love about where you live?

I live in Victoria, BC and most of the time I love the weather here! We typically have a very mild winter with barely any snow, although this winter has been the exception.

Does anyone have an estimate of the hours April 22-25?

I think it's just too hard to guess these days... especially hard in the last year or two to guess hours based on the past. DL is in such flux now. The calendar is showing just through April 8th, so... more waiting for us to start planning! We'll be there the 19th - 25th.

I just noticed that there are quite a few of us on this thread from Canada, specifically from BC so I thought this might be a fun question!

If you are comfortable posting, where is everyone from and what is one thing you love about where you live?

I live in Victoria, BC and most of the time I love the weather here! We typically have a very mild winter with barely any snow, although this winter has been the exception.

We are traveling from the Sunny Okanagan (Penticton) BC :)

I think it's just too hard to guess these days... especially hard in the last year or two to guess hours based on the past. DL is in such flux now. The calendar is showing just through April 8th, so... more waiting for us to start planning! We'll be there the 19th - 25th.

I have the touring plan app. My app is predicting:
April 19 -
Disneyland
Disney California Adventure
  • 1-Day Ticket*: $110.00 per Adult; $104.00 per Child
  • Crowd Level: 9 out of 10
  • Park Hours unreleased; these are predicted hours and schedules:
April 20-
Disneyland
  • 1-Day Ticket*: $110.00 per Adult; $104.00 per Child
  • Crowd Level: 7 out of 10
April 21-
Disneyland
  • 1-Day Ticket*: $124.00 per Adult; $118.00 per Child
April 22-
Disneyland
  • Crowd Level: 6 out of 10
April 23-
Disneyland
April 24-
Disneyland
Visit Park on this Date
  • 1-Day Ticket*: $97.00 per Adult; $91.00 per Child
  • Crowd Level: 5 out of 10
Visit Park on this Date
April 25-
Disneyland

• 1-Day Ticket*: $97.00 per Adult; $91.00 per Child
  • Crowd Level: 5 out of 10
Visit Park on this Date

I have the touring plan app. My app is predicting:

The Touring Plans app is notoriously bad at predicting Disneyland crowd levels and hours (they do better with WDW) but we'll see. At least they're predicting high crowd levels for the most part, so if they're not quite as bad as that, people will be delightfully surprised. Although Sunday April 23rd is Dapper Day and I would guess crowd levels to be worse than a 6 out of 10 at Disneyland for that day.

I actually have a reliable first hand time for April 27th (which means it will likely be the same for the 24 and 25th. I called to get the first reservation of the day for Minnie's and it was 8:10. I asked (knowing it was but wasn't sure if they were still giving out MM hours for Minnie's without having to use your MM) if it was a MM time and she said yes. The parks open at 9AM at least on Thursday the 27th. I would put money (and lots of it) on the same hours for at least M-F that week.

So speaking of my minnie's reservation. I SUPER didn't want to miss out on our 'free' hour in the park (at minnie's) so I set my alarm and woke up at 1 am to try to get the first of the day. It popped up and it kept saying the server was down LOL.

So I went back to sleep and called at 8. I'm very tired. HAHA

Does anyone know what might be up with Tues, April 25th and the WOC Dessert party? I can see reservations available for every day around the 25th (23, 24, , 26, 27), but the 25th says "no tables available". WOC dinner packages are available for that night. Kind of strange.

Hello! Been on this board for quite some time, but infrequently post; I'm trying to get better. I've learned so much over the years, so I'm hoping to contribute more :-)

We (myself and 11 and 14 year old daughters, my husband will be joining us for 1-2 days as he has to work) we will be there 4/17-4/21, staying at the CII.

I considered trying the new Hilton House, but we got a great rate of $126 per night at the CCI. I love the proximity to the park, the free/direct shuttle, free wifi and free breakfast. Rooms are always clean and the staff is great.

We haven't made any ADR, but are considering a MSEP dinner package.

We have SoCalSelect passes (we're first time AP holders, and still newbies). It's our spring break, so we expect the parks to be very busy, but since I'm a teacher that's about every time we go.

Last edited:
I actually have a reliable first hand time for April 27th (which means it will likely be the same for the 24 and 25th. I called to get the first reservation of the day for Minnie's and it was 8:10. I asked (knowing it was but wasn't sure if they were still giving out MM hours for Minnie's without having to use your MM) if it was a MM time and she said yes. The parks open at 9AM at least on Thursday the 27th. I would put money (and lots of it) on the same hours for at least M-F that week.

I think Friday will have longer hours.

Does anyone know what might be up with Tues, April 25th and the WOC Dessert party? I can see reservations available for every day around the 25th (23, 24, , 26, 27), but the 25th says "no tables available". WOC dinner packages are available for that night. Kind of strange.

How odd! No clue on why there is no availability but have you tried calling to book? The website is notorious for having random issues so you might be able to get a reservation if you call.

Hello! Been on this board for quite some time, but infrequently post; I'm trying to get better. I've learned so much over the years, so I'm hoping to contribute more :-)

We (myself and 11 and 14 year old daughters, my husband will be joining us for 1-2 days as he has to work) we will be there 4/17-4/21, staying at the CII.

I considered trying the new Hilton House, but we got a great rate of $126 per night at the CCI. I love the proximity to the park, the free/direct shuttle, free wifi and free breakfast. Rooms are always clean and the staff is great.

We haven't made any ADR, but are considering a MSEP dinner package.

We have SoCalSelect passes (we're first time AP holders, and still newbies). It's our spring break, so we expect the parks to be very busy, but since I'm a teacher that's about every time we go.

Welcome to the April 2017 thread, I've added you to the list!

How odd! No clue on why there is no availability but have you tried calling to book? The website is notorious for having random issues so you might be able to get a reservation if you call.
No, I just decided to reserve the next night 4/26, which will be our last night in the parks. It might work out better anyway. If I change my mind between now and then, I'll call to see if I can change my reservation to the 25th. Thanks for the suggestion!

No, I just decided to reserve the next night 4/26, which will be our last night in the parks. It might work out better anyway. If I change my mind between now and then, I'll call to see if I can change my reservation to the 25th. Thanks for the suggestion!

I am (im)patiently waiting for the entertainment schedule to come out for April 20 & 21. I have lunch booked for AO for MSEP on April 20 but will move it to April 21 if there are no fireworks on the 20th. Since the 21st is a Friday I am fairly certain that there will be fireworks that evening but since that is our last night and we have 7:50am breakfast reservations at SH55 on the 22nd right before we leave for the airport, I'd rather not be in the parks very late on Friday. I'll want to pack and have everything as ready as possible before we go to sleep on Friday so we can get up, get dressed, grab breakfast and the get a cab to SNA for our 11:25 am flight.

Hey there April peeps!!!
blog-peeps.jpg

Can't stand the waiting to see the hours and schedules for our dates!!!! I hope the TP info is correct because it is later hours than I anticipated. We're there the week after Easter but, Easter is so late this year that I'm not sure what to expect.

I finally started my pre trip report if anyone is interested - the link is in my sig. Anyone else going in April writing a PTR or planning to write a TR when they get back?

when I called to make my ADR's the cast member was able to provide me with April hours for those dates minus Saturday:

Sunday 4/23 DL 0800-0000; DCA 0900-2200
Monday 4/24 DL 0900-2100; DCA 1000-2000
Tuesday 4/25 DL 0900-2100; DCA 0900-2000
Wednesday 4/26 DL 0900-2100; DCA 0900-2000

strange to me that DCA opens at 1000 on monday and 0900 the rest....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter