APRIL 2016 Rental Car Discount ~ Promo Code ~ Rate Watch

I am THRILLED with this rate - I used the Vegas Brazil code and registered with Alamo....

Dates: 4/27 - 5/15
Rental Company: Alamo
Car: Mid-sized
Rate: $327.84

Rates keep dropping! Alamo using Vegas Brazil code and $35 off coupon just went down to $179.98 for 4/15-4/24 Standard Size car with MCO pickup and PBI drop off. At the end of January when I first made this reservation rate was $286.58. Hard to believe it will go down more, but it won't stop me from still checking.

HI! Just want to chime in that I have been able to get my Alamo car rental (compact) 4/12 to 4/18 down to 101.36. Using 7016427 and $35 off coupon AD8183SDM, that I found on a coupon site. I randomly got lucky Tuesday on a Dollar rental under $100. I'm pretty sure I will be staying with Alamo as I am an insider and can go right to the garage and pick the car, as Dollar chooses for you. I was also able to help save another traveler at the same time on her 10 day rental with the above codes.

Hope this helps someone !

What is that coupon code from?

TIA.

Just got my rate for a minivan lower too. I'm booked at $381 for 15 days now. April 30-May 15. Used the Brazil code (first time ever) and the $35 coupon. I booked National and that rate is $524 for the aisle service. I'd prefer National just to keep my executive status, but the difference is too high.

My rate went down again.
Dates: 4/9 - 4/16
Rental Company: Alamo
Car: Full-sized
Rate: $135.37

Can anyone please tell me where the $35.00 coupon is from? Any restrictions using this....like using a Visa credit card? I am using a debit card for my rental and don't need/want any glitches. Thanks...

We went down also.

April 15-25, Ft. Myers and a minivan.

Was $289, now at $240. Yippee! My dh keeps looking at the 7plus seater spSUV which would be our original price at $750 ish but he said price outweighs comfort!

We will easily fit in the van but the truck would be more comfy.

I typically book with Alamo but just checked Thrifty City Special and got a full size for $312 total from April 9-29. I really wanted a mini van but the full size is a significant savings so I will take it at that price!

Wow, thanks everyone! I've been following along and was at $332 in early February for 4/6-4/17. I was happy with that and haven't looked much more. Just looked again with the same codes through Alamo and got it down to $278! I'm super excited! Anyone ever have a hard time once they go to pick up and the prices are higher?

Interesting...
I just tried again from another computer and CWD is STILL included.
Same price as before, which is a great price for 7 nights.
I'll keep trying for a better deal elsewhere without using the code. If I don't get it though, I'll go for it...

Recheck...I was just able to rebook mine without the CWD added. I've been trying for weeks!

Well thank the good Lord for this thread! I was pricing out April 14-21st (thursday-thursday) and on sites like Priceline the best deal I could score for a full size car was $385 for the week which is completely insane. That excludes the "shuttle" option rental companies. With a 2 year old with us I do not want to get off of our flight and wait for a shuttle to some sketchy rental car place 15 minutes from the airport where the lines are an hour long. No way!

Anyhow with that Vegas-Brazil craziness and a coupon code from Alamo I was able to rent a premium full sized vehicle (chevrolet impala) for $163.. that includes everything. Smaller car options started at $98+ for the week but we have a lot of luggage. We typically would rent a mid-size SUV with diaper bag, toddler suitcase, my wife's massive suitcase, my full-sized suitcase, camera bag, my wife's large vera duffle bag... but I think an Impala has a good sized trunk and it will be a lot of fun to drive in comparison to a low-end compact/mid-size SUV.

This same rental would be over $500 booking through Priceline! Wow!

Well thank the good Lord for this thread! I was pricing out April 14-21st (thursday-thursday) and on sites like Priceline the best deal I could score for a full size car was $385 for the week which is completely insane. That excludes the "shuttle" option rental companies. With a 2 year old with us I do not want to get off of our flight and wait for a shuttle to some sketchy rental car place 15 minutes from the airport where the lines are an hour long. No way!

Anyhow with that Vegas-Brazil craziness and a coupon code from Alamo I was able to rent a premium full sized vehicle (chevrolet impala) for $163.. that includes everything. Smaller car options started at $98+ for the week but we have a lot of luggage. We typically would rent a mid-size SUV with diaper bag, toddler suitcase, my wife's massive suitcase, my full-sized suitcase, camera bag, my wife's large vera duffle bag... but I think an Impala has a good sized trunk and it will be a lot of fun to drive in comparison to a low-end compact/mid-size SUV.

This same rental would be over $500 booking through Priceline! Wow!

Question for others who may know. I've seen reports that the Impala (and assuming Camry as it is about the same size) are on Alamo's Full sized isle, but my latest quotes are showing the Premium group as the Impala and similar. Did Alamo recently change the categories for these cars?

Last edited:
Is it possible to try a Costco code before I purchase a Costco membership to see if it is worth it? I also need to add an additional driver to my Alamo reservation. If I do this through Costco is it free even if it is not a spouse or family member? Is it correct that a Costco membership is only $55? I don't have any near where I live so it would have to be worth it just for the car rental. Thanks!!!

I researched info for the $35off coupon, and came up with no strings attached to it. There is a $30off that requires a VISA card.
Use it "at will" if you are concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter