April 2013 discounts

softballmom3 said:
Where I live that's Spring Break for all of our state (well close to it) so I wouldn't be surprised if its a blackout date. Also..isn't that Easter weekend too? Maybe it isn't but I thought it was. Hopefully something will come out!

Luckily it is the weekend AFTER Easter. So if any discount were to become available it probably would not begin until that weekend. I know we were there in 2008 when it was spring break for the north east and we had some sort of discount or gift card promo. It really seems as if the discounts have mostly been blacked out the week up to and then the week following a major holiday or event. I hope it's rings true again.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I just thought of something.... I have never had a discount's start date happen in the middle of a vacation. If that were to happen would I have to have two reservations or could the discount be applied to the portion of the reservation falling in the discount's dates?

I just thought of something.... I have never had a discount's start date happen in the middle of a vacation. If that were to happen would I have to have two reservations or could the discount be applied to the portion of the reservation falling in the discount's dates?

you'd have to have 2 reservations. maybe a room only at first and then switch to the package. I know you can pick up your passes early - not sure exactly how early, I want to say 2 or 3 days - so you'd be able to start using your park passes then. But if you had the DP you couldn't start using that 'til your package started.

TJDisneymama said:
you'd have to have 2 reservations. maybe a room only at first and then switch to the package. I know you can pick up your passes early - not sure exactly how early, I want to say 2 or 3 days - so you'd be able to start using your park passes then. But if you had the DP you couldn't start using that 'til your package started.

It would have to be a pretty big discount for us to go through that. We are at POFQ anyway and most recent discounts on that resort have been very small. Time to sit back now cross my fingers and see what happens:)

It would have to be a pretty big discount for us to go through that. We are at POFQ anyway and most recent discounts on that resort have been very small. Time to sit back now cross my fingers and see what happens:)

if it's only a day or two in, it's not that bad. You'd still have your passes to use right away, you just wouldn't be able to use the DP those first 1-2 days. If it's any later in that that, I agree it might not be worth it. (esp. if you're depending on the dining plan)
When we went last year we had to do the first night as room only b/c the special started on the 2nd day. So I had 2 ressies.

TJDisneymama said:
if it's only a day or two in, it's not that bad. You'd still have your passes to use right away, you just wouldn't be able to use the DP those first 1-2 days. If it's any later in that that, I agree it might not be worth it. (esp. if you're depending on the dining plan)
When we went last year we had to do the first night as room only b/c the special started on the 2nd day. So I had 2 ressies.

Did you just have to go back down to the desk and check in again? You were able to stay in the same room weren't you?

Subbing! We're hoping to go end of April or beginning of May. Still figuring that out and hoping for a discount!

Subbing! We're hoping to go end of April or beginning of May. Still figuring that out and hoping for a discount!

Dang it!

Just got my first PIN and it's only valid thru 3/7.

Hoping to go 4/1 to 4/6. Hopefully they'll send me a PIN for that timeframe.

Dang it!

With Easter being 3/31 next year, I don't think a PIN is likely. My PINs for spring say for stays most nights 1/2-3/24, 4/21-5/22 and 8/11-9/28/13.

Dang it!

Yea it might just be a 'code' which links you to the current promotion, which expires 3/7 :(

Looking to take the entire blended family of 7, April 13-20, 2013. Crossing fingers for some discounts. Was looking forward to a suite at AofA, but with 7 we would need another room, looks like we squeeze into 2 preferred value rooms.

aj4894 said:
Looking to take the entire blended family of 7, April 13-20, 2013. Crossing fingers for some discounts. Was looking forward to a suite at AofA, but with 7 we would need another room, looks like we squeeze into 2 preferred value rooms.

Are pins mailed or emailed?

PIXIE MANDY!!!

With Easter being 3/31 next year, I don't think a PIN is likely. My PINs for spring say for stays most nights 1/2-3/24, 4/21-5/22 and 8/11-9/28/13.

What promo pin did you get for 4/21-5/22? Just curious. Maybe it's a precursor to releasing some deals for those dates to the general public *fingers crossed*.

Are pins mailed or emailed?

can be either, but i think more often emailed

PIXIE MANDY!!!

What promo pin did you get for 4/21-5/22? Just curious. Maybe it's a precursor to releasing some deals for those dates to the general public *fingers crossed*.

I got this

Save up to 35%
(and enjoy more dates to choose from) on a stay at a select Walt Disney World Resort hotel!

For stays most nights
1/2–3/24/13, 4/21–5/22/13 and
8/11–9/28/13.

Book now through 2/16/13.

Be sure to mention your PIN:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room. Additional per-adult charges may apply if more than two adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable, excludes 3-bedroom villas and is not valid at Disney's Art of Animation Resort––The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms.

or

Get a FREE dining plan

when you purchase a non-discounted 5-night/6-day Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package at select Disney Resort hotels.

For arrivals most nights 1/2–3/7/13.

Book now through 2/16/13.

Be sure to mention your PIN:
xxxxxxx

The number of packages available for this offer is limited. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer is nontransferable, excludes campsites and 3-bedroom villas and is not valid at Disney's Art of Animation Resort—The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms.

Excludes gratuities and alcoholic beverages. Children ages 3–9 must order from the children's menu, where available. Some Table-service restaurants may have limited or no availability at time of package purchase.

Thanks! Hope they release it to the general public as I am never lucky with getting a PIN I can use- all I get is Disneyland, cruise, or Adventures..... not what I want.

That's exactly the discounts I've been hoping for, and getting to choose between room discounts and free dining is even better!! I sooo hope it comes to the general public soon, I would book my dates instantly! *fingers crossed*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter