>> April 1, 2012 - Disney Dream Spring Break Frenzy! <<

Workingforvacation-
I have extra too and will add your cabin to my list as well. I'm in room 9008 - Courtney. In my room is my mom Ginny and 6 year old son, Nicky.

CHRISTOPHER- thank you for all your efforts in making the FE map! And no nut allergies for us!

Thanks everyone....my kids are excited....we can't wait to deliver our goodies....:banana:

Trying to figure out what to do the day we get off the ship....still clueless!!! Our flight isn't until 848PM out of MCO. Any suggestions??? Kids are 5, 5, and 9, theme parks are a possible option, just wondering if will be too much to squeeze in a day. We are already doing Downtown Disney before the cruise also.

How about Sea World? It came to mind because you could easily do it as a "laid back" day or as a "gotta do it all" day, depending on everyone's energy level. Or, if you wanted one more beach day, you could head to Jetty Park right there at the port - - - the only down side to that would be watching the Dream head back out to sea without you. :sad1: If you wanted another dose of Disney, you could play miniature golf at Disney's Winter Summerland course and then eat at one of the Downtown Disney restaurants (T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe would be fun) or get pizza from the walk-up window at The Boardwalk.

Another thought... are there any earlier flights that you could try going "stand-by" on so that you could leave earlier?

Hello fellow cruisers! :banana::cool1:

I'm a little late to this party and finding this thread but we will be on the April 1 Dream cruise also.

We are a party of 4, celebrating our DD's 16th birthday. It is DH and I and our DD and she is bringing her best friend along.

My DD's best friend is one of five children (she's the oldest). We bought 6 white pillow cases to have signed so my DD, her friend and my DD's friend's siblings could all have one but I understand there is a limit of 2 items per cabin (we only have 1 cabin).

If there is anyone going on this cruise who was not planning on having anything signed and would like to be kind to us and have 2 of the pillow cases signed for your cabin and then we can meet and get them at the end of the cruise, I'd really appreciate it! I would hate to disappoint DD's friend that she cannot give each of her siblings this gift we had hoped to give.

I have the pillowcases and markers (and candy for the cm's). All you would have to do is meet us, drop them at guest services and then meet us again to get them back.

Let me know if you can help.

See you all on our cruise in just 17 days!

Welcome aboard! :)

We would be more than happy to assist with your pillowcase mission. :thumbsup2

Please add my family to the roll call. I will be cruising on the April 1 - 5th with my hubby, daughter (13):cheer2: and son (14):cool2:, Aunt, Cousin and Cousin's Mother in Law. Hopefully DD will find someone to hang out with on the ship because I'm sure she doesn't want to hang out with the old folks!!!

We're so excited!! None of us have been on a Disney cruise. This the first cruise for my husband and children. I haven't cruised since 1994 and I was 18 at the time.

Welcome aboard.... and welcome to the boards.... This is our first Disney cruise as well...first for my DS's age 11 & 12.... Can't wait to get on the Dream and spend some time in the son...

Lots of great advice on this site and the people you will meet from the boards are amazing. Look foward to seeing everyone.

Please add my family to the roll call. I will be cruising on the April 1 - 5th with my hubby, daughter (13):cheer2: and son (14):cool2:, Aunt, Cousin and Cousin's Mother in Law. Hopefully DD will find someone to hang out with on the ship because I'm sure she doesn't want to hang out with the old folks!!!

We're so excited!! None of us have been on a Disney cruise. This the first cruise for my husband and children. I haven't cruised since 1994 and I was 18 at the time.

Welcome aboard! We're glad you found us! :goodvibes

One suggestion I would make since this is your first Disney cruise is to encourage your DD and DS to go to their respective clubs the first night. That was always when our kids met new friends that they ended up hanging out with the rest of the cruise. For your DD, it would be The Edge Tween Club (11-13yo) on Deck 13 Midship. For your DS, it would be VIBE (14-17yo) which is accessed from an outdoor staircase on Deck 4 Forward (on the left side of the ship). Everyone can tour these areas from boarding until after the Mandatory Life Boat Drill, and then these spaces are reserved for the specific age groups only. The "scheduled activities" on the first night usually begin at 6pm (and run until 1am!). :)

Well this is why I saw a new name pop on FB this afternoon! Thank you Courtney for getting this done!
State assessments are kicking my butt this week! I finished the make up kids today. Math is next week. I haven't had any time for personal stuff at work these days - how dare they! :rotfl:

On a side note and off topic...

I am so proud of my son! He heard about an organization called St. Baldrick's at Church last Sunday. A boy had his head shaved because a friend of his is battling cancer. Well my son turned to me and said "Can I do that for Sidney?" Sidney is a friend of our family, six years old and has been battling Leukemia since she was 18 months old. She has just finished her intense treatments of chemo and is on maintenance chemo for the next year. She attends Connor's school and Connor is her safety! It's so cute to see them walking out of school together holding hands. He either takes her to the car rider line or puts her on her bus. Anyway, I spoke with my friend Jackie and it turned out there was a event in Baltimore on 3/25. A few of Sidney's friends from Hopkins are involved. So Connor signed himself up to be a shavee on Tuesday night and named Sidney as his "Honored Kid". He is raising money for the organization and then will go to the event and have his head shaved with over 200 other people!! Then six days later we leave on the cruise. Needless to say, Connor will look a little different from the pictures I have shared!!

I will update the roll call to reflect the new families...

Debbie

That is really great of your son. What a wonderful thing to do. My daughter's best friend lost her battle with cancer in October and it's been a tough couple of months. My daughter is a brave kid and often comes up with ideas to help those in need. One of the things her friend's family asked everyone to do in honor of their daughter was to do random acts of kindness. So, my daughter tries to keep that in mind. Anyway, the cruise comes at a good time for her to have something to look forward to as it's been a tough few months. She's a brave kid for a nine year old and to say I'm proud of her is an understatement. Our trip is an opportunity for me to remember that above all else, time together as a family is the very most important thing we have.

Sorry to go all deep - didn't mean to do that.

I also would like to get involved with the FB group. I have been meaning to ask about that.

It's tropical here in Michigan today - so we're pulling out our shorts and flip flops that I was setting aside to pack for the trip.

This weekend we're going to practice getting our pirate on at my son's birthday party. He turns 7 tomorrow and is having a swimming party at the rec center on Saturday. A few months back I told him once his birthday got here, it wouldn't be long before we'd be on the cruise - and now the days are just crusing by (pun intended)!

For alll fellow cruisers who have teenage sons - are any of them into Minecraft? My DS 14 is really into minecraft now, and that would be a great "item of mutual interest" with any other kids on the cruise. He's not into sports and my both my sons don't like to spend a lot of time in the kids clubs (crazy, I know).

For alll fellow cruisers who have teenage sons - are any of them into Minecraft? My DS 14 is really into minecraft now, and that would be a great "item of mutual interest" with any other kids on the cruise. He's not into sports and my both my sons don't like to spend a lot of time in the kids clubs (crazy, I know).

I have to ask, what is Minecraft? DS is only 6 so I haven't gotten there yet.

For Debbie andanyone else shipping a box to the ship, when do you plan to send? I was going to post on the main page to see if anyone can confirm that the outdated info on the "helpful info" locked read still applies for Dream.

My DS 8 plays that game all the time. I kinda hate that his 12 year old cousin introduced it to him. If your DS doesn't mind talking to an 8yo who looks 10, then I am sure they would have lots to talk about.

Ack, it's hard to completely describe, but it's a computer-based game that can be done solo or in multi-player modes. Real popular with teenage boys right now.

CLC053103.....

I was hoping to ship my box next Thursday or Friday depending when I finish all my projects. :laughing: Seems like there are so many distractions (March madness) lately and I feel like I'm falling behind...... really looking forward to this weekend!!!!!!! goodvibes

My son loves that game. So much that he has it on his itouch ..it goes everywhere with him. My son is like yours he's not into sports and very....teenagery for the lack of a better word.

My son loves that game. So much that he has it on his itouch ..it goes everywhere with him. My son is like yours he's not into sports and very....teenagery for the lack of a better word.
I see you're on the FB page for our cruise. I just sent you a friend request, and we'll see if our boys want to meet up and compare Minecraft stories!

How about Sea World? It came to mind because you could easily do it as a "laid back" day or as a "gotta do it all" day, depending on everyone's energy level. Or, if you wanted one more beach day, you could head to Jetty Park right there at the port - - - the only down side to that would be watching the Dream head back out to sea without you. :sad1: If you wanted another dose of Disney, you could play miniature golf at Disney's Winter Summerland course and then eat at one of the Downtown Disney restaurants (T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe would be fun) or get pizza from the walk-up window at The Boardwalk.

Another thought... are there any earlier flights that you could try going "stand-by" on so that you could leave earlier?

Thanks for the ideas! Maybe putt putt and Boardwalk is a great idea. I just went and looked up Sea World....which we never go to because we always spend all our time at Disney. Didn't realize they have a water park there, so another option.

Flight back home we paid extra for nonstops flights....there is only one a day on Airtran and we are on it. Plus, one more day of fun somewhere.

For Debbie andanyone else shipping a box to the ship, when do you plan to send? I was going to post on the main page to see if anyone can confirm that the outdated info on the "helpful info" locked read still applies for Dream.

My son LOVES Minecraft.....but he is only 9, quite an age gap, lol!

It's tropical here in Michigan today - so we're pulling out our shorts and flip flops that I was setting aside to pack for the trip.

This weekend we're going to practice getting our pirate on at my son's birthday party. He turns 7 tomorrow and is having a swimming party at the rec center on Saturday. A few months back I told him once his birthday got here, it wouldn't be long before we'd be on the cruise - and now the days are just crusing by (pun intended)!

Yeah....crazy weather here! I was actually hoping I might start a tan at recess today, lol! Looks like a good weekend coming up too....we are in Mid-MI. The bad thing is the pile of summer clothes I had clean and put aside keeps getting used!

My DS 8 plays that game all the time. I kinda hate that his 12 year old cousin introduced it to him. If your DS doesn't mind talking to an 8yo who looks 10, then I am sure they would have lots to talk about.

Well...I have the 9 yr old into it, lol! I don't get it, it just looks like Legos and they build stuff.....thats what I get out of it. He would like to watch youtube to tell him how to build other stuff, but I had to stop that because the language of some people was not appropriate.

My younger son (11) also plays Minecraft but not as much as my other son. Maybe he can talk to your 8 yr old as well; we all would like meet the Bat Mitzvah crew while aboard!

My DS 13 1/2 is really, really, really into Minecraft.

We started our packing today... I can honestly say we are big over packers, I always worry that we won't have enough or will want to wear something different.. crazy I know but I accept that I have that problem. :smickey:

Can't believe in 2 weeks from today we will be in Cape Canaveral watching the Fantasy depart... wow.. hard to believe that it's almost here and that we will be having fun in the sun..:beach:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter