Approx. 3.5 months out. What to take?

1) For the drive, snacks. Everyone’s favorites. Maybe a small package for each kid tailored to their favorite snacks that they don’t have to share. Surprise them with it when you get in the car in the morning.
2) Definitely need a plan to only have to bring in pjs, toiletries, and change of clothes for the stop on the way down. Maybe make everyone pack that in their own backpack they are responsible for. A parent might need to supervise that for some of the teens/kids.
3) Spices or small amounts of non perishable special ingredients you need to cook at your place. I have a series of travel recipes I think about and bring along those things I don’t want to buy full size containers of when I get there.
4) Plan for folks liking the car to be at a different temperatures. Folks always warm need to dress light and the always cold ones need a blanket.
5) I would just plan on doing laundry nearly every day with a crew that size. It will allow you to pack clothes for just 4-5 days per person, keeping your luggage volume way down. Buy enough detergent when you get there!
6) Battery chargers for all the devices in the car and all the cords. You just gotta let them be attached to their favorite device for hours. Ear buds or headphones.

And last… know the kids. By even the youngest age you mentioned, my brother and I had fought through many, many long road trips and knew how to entertain ourselves. Anticipate their needs and plan for them in advance.

Have a blast! Two full weeks. Sounds like fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter