APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by peel, Jul 10, 2014.

1. ruthies12

ruthies12 DIS Veteran

Well I'm a happy camper! I got Aventura for 119 a night for Wed and Thurs January 9th and 10th and then Royal Pacific for 229 a night for Friday and Saturday night January 11th and 12th. The team member on the phone told me there is a shuttle that goes around to all the hotels for free. I'm going to try to get them to transport our luggage but we'll see what happens. I looked at uber and the cost is only 3 bucks lol so if the shuttle takes too long we'll just do that.

We originally planned on going back to Aventura for Saturday night but there is no discount there on a Saturday, the cost was 164 for that night. We decided the price difference wasn't worth the hassle of switching again so we are staying at RPR. We get a half day in the park on Sunday before we have to leave for the airport so it'll be nice having express pass for our last few hours.

I noticed if I put all four nights at Aventura that the price was 145 a night which is the non-discounted price and is the same I booked a month ago. I only found a discount there when I put it as wed and thurs only. I also noticed Royal Pacific wouldn't discount Saturday night by itself but did discount it when added to a Friday night reservation.

Definitely pays to play around with dates!

macraven likes this.
  2. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Interesting about dates and rates. I think the shuttle they are talking about is the dinner shuttle. You may have to Uber or Lyft to transfer luggage. But I’m a Universal newbie, I’ve only had 4 stays in 10 yrs.
    This Next stay is my longest, 10 nights at Royal Pacific 4/29 - 5/9 $211/night for 2 adults. I played with rates too! Now waiting for AP rate.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ruthies12

ruthies12 DIS Veteran

The team member on the phone said the shuttle runs constantly throughout the day to transfer guests from hotel to hotel. I've heard of it on here from one other person who said it was an SUV but I don't recall what time of day they did their transfer. I'm a little worried that the team member is confusing this shuttle with the dining shuttle which my understanding is that the dining shuttle doesn't run until evening. That was why I looked up the cost of an uber to make the transfer just in case we need to do that. 3 bucks is fine and I would be tipping the shuttle driver the same as the uber driver so that part is the same cost either way. I'll try to come back after my trip and update with what actually happens!

Sue M likes this.
  5. ruthies12

ruthies12 DIS Veteran

And this trip is just two adults with one suitcase each so if worse comes to worse and this shuttle is imaginary and there are no ubers or lyfts to be had, we could just walk though sapphire falls and over to royal pacific lol

6. Roxyfire

Roxyfire Is butter a carb?

Wouldn't worry too much about ride sharing, there's always a few around. Plus I'm sure there's a driver that wouldn't mind the quick fare either.

7. A Belle Among Beasts

A Belle Among Beasts Earning My Ears

Just noticed APH rates through at least the 1st weekend in March. Didn’t play any further than that.

Sue M likes this.
  8. mouselike-harrier

mouselike-harrier Mouseketeer

I'm looking to go in the beginning of May. Should I even bother to wait or go and book it at the smsm rate if it's that close to the aph rate?

9. damo

damo Proud Redhead

If you are going for more than 5 days, the smsm rate is probably going to be very close to the aph rate.

soniam and mouselike-harrier like this.
  10. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I booked the stay more rate, I’ll be there late April/ early May. If AP rate comes out I’ll switch.

Edited to add, I just checked my dates for RPH, and the rate I booked isn’t available anymore. I booked a standard room. Now only availability with that rate is King Suite. So I’d def book ASAP then keep checking. If you see a good promo rate nab it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 8:11 PM
    mouselike-harrier and pattyw like this.
  11. mouselike-harrier

mouselike-harrier Mouseketeer

I plan on going for 4 nights, so this is something I'll definitely look into especially since they probably won't release the aph rates until January.

Sue M likes this.